Windows Security & Control is a malicious computer tool which uses and mimic the graphical user interface of a legitimate security program to be able to deceive its victims and make them believe that everything it projects are real. It will condition users mind that computer is in danger and infected with Trojans, virus and malware by displaying fake alert messages such as:
Threat prevention solution found
Security system analysis has revealed critical file system vulnerability caused by severe malware attacks.
Risk of system files infection:
The detected vulnerability may result in unauthorized access to private information and hard drive data with a serious possibility of irreversible data loss and unstable PC performance. To remove the malware please run a full system scan. Press ‘OK’ to install the software necessary to initiate system files check. To complete the installation process please reboot your computer.
Bear in mind that Windows Security & Control was a fake program and will initiate harms once executed on the PC. It will not protect, instead will endanger the computer. As soon as Windows Security & Control have penetrated a system, it will keep displaying bogus alerts on the desktop attempting to endorse the program as the only solution. These alerts are fake and was part of the promotional campaign. Ignore it and remove Windows Security & Control as soon as possible by following the procedures below.
What are the Symptoms of Windows Security & Control Infection?
It will modify Windows Registry and add the following entry:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\Current Version\Winlogon “Shell” = “%AppData%\[random].exe”
The threat will drop the following malicious file/files:
How to Remove Windows Security & Control Manually
1. Restart your computer in SafeMode
– After Power-On the computer, just before Windows start, press F8
– From the selections, Select SafeMode
2. Remove Registry entries that the threat added. You MUST BACKUP YOUR REGISTRY FIRST.
– Click Start > Run
– Type in the field, regedit
– Navigate and look for the registry entries mentioned above and delete if necessary
3. Delete malicious files that the threat added:
– Base on the given location above, browse and delete the file
– If no location is given, click Start>Search> and search for the files.
– If cannot be deleted, press Ctrl+Alt+Del to access Task Manager, see if the file is running in the process. If it is, select the file and click End Process. Perform file delete again.
4. Scan computer with Antivirus Program
– Update antivirus program
– Scan computer and delete all detected threats.
How to Easily Remove Windows Security & Control
1. Download and run Removal Tool to remove this computer threat.