Vista Internet Security with variants of Vista Internet Security 2011 is virus that will promote itself as an AV software for computers running under the platform of Windows Vista. Vista Internet Security will excessively provide alerts and messages to deceive its victim that presence of virus is detected on the computer. An advise to remove the threats will constantly appear but compromised users must obtain the paid version of Vista Internet Security first. When Windows is started, common changes one may observe is the automatic launch of its own virus scanner. Bunch of threats will be displayed but in reality none of those detected exists. This is just an scare tactics usually employed by rogue developers to be able to help in selling the useless program. One of the fake warning message is as follow:
Tracking software found!
Your PC activity is being monitored. Possible spyware infection. Your data security may be compromised. Sensitive data can be stolen. Prevent damage now by completing security scan.
Don’t believe what ever Vista Internet Security is trying to established on the system. It will just provoke you to go to their web site and purchase the registered version. What you can do to preserve computers good working environment it to remove Vista Internet Security and all of its associated malicious files. Make sure to use only an effective and known security software. Most of all don’t fall into this scam by totally ignoring Vista Internet Security 2011.
What are the Symptoms of Vista Internet Security Infection?
It will modify Windows Registry and add the following entries:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\.exe\shell\open\command “(Default)” = “%UserProfile%\Local Settings\Application Data\vz.exe” /START “%1” %*
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\pezfile\shell\open\command “(Default)” = “%UserProfile%\Local Settings\Application Data\vz.exe” /START “%1” %*
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.exe\shell\open\command “(Default)” = “%UserProfile%\Local Settings\Application Data\vz.exe” /START “%1” %*
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\pezfile\shell\open\command “(Default)” = “%UserProfile%\Local Settings\Application Data\vz.exe” /START “%1” %*
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Clients\StartMenuInternet\FIREFOX.EXE\shell\open\command “(Default)” = “%UserProfile%\Local Settings\Application Data\vz.exe” /START “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe”
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Clients\StartMenuInternet\FIREFOX.EXE\shell\safemode\command “(Default)” = “%UserProfile%\Local Settings\Application Data\vz.exe” /START “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” -safe-mode
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Clients\StartMenuInternet\IEXPLORE.EXE\shell\open\command “(Default)” = “%UserProfile%\Local Settings\Application Data\vz.exe” /START “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe”
The threat will drop the following malicious files:
%UserProfile%\AppData\Local\[random 2 letters].exe
%UserProfile%\Local Settings\Application Data\[random 2 letters].exe
%UserProfile%\Local Settings\Application Data\vz.exe
%UserProfile%\Local Settings\Application Data\MSASCui.exe
How to Remove Vista Internet Security Manually
1. Restart your computer in SafeMode
– Press F8 on keyboard as soon as you turn on the computer
– Select SafeMode to start the computer loading only minimal resources
2. Delete Windows registry entries the malware created. It is important to BACKUP YOUR REGISTRY FIRST.
– On Windows Start Menu, Click Start > Run
– Type in the field, regedit
– Find registry entries mentioned above and delete if necessary
3. Files related to Vista Internet Security must be deleted:
– Browse and delete malicious files detected above.
– Some files cannot be deleted instantly. Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to open Windows Task Manager, look for any virus-related files mentioned on this page and highlight it, click End Process. Try to delete the file once more.
4. Run Antivirus Program
– You must be connected to Internet to be able to update your anti-virus program. This is needed to have the latest database available and detect newer threats.
– Thoroughly scan the computer and clean or delete all detected threats.
How to Easily Remove Vista Internet Security
1. Download and run Removal Tool to remove this computer threat.