Windows Easy Transfer is a fake application developed for Windows operating system. Though there is a real Windows Easy Transfer that comes on latest Window operating system to help users migrate files and configuration from old to new system. But this fake Windows Easy Transfer will come from different servers and locations and most common source is contracted web sites that will promote it as a legitimate application. Some executable files are already uploaded on file-servers and will disguise as downloadable programs like games, applications or sometimes even anti-virus software. Spam email messages that carries a malicious executable file can also download and install a copy of Windows Easy Transfer if opened.
Once loaded on to the computer, Windows Easy Transfer will begin to display excessive alerts and warning messages alarming users of various issues. It will prompt to fix these problems by obtaining the licensed version of Windows Easy Transfer. Any attempt to resolve issues will open a new Internet browser Window that will be the payment page to submit credit card information for necessary charges.
Never obtain or pay for this useless product. Remove Windows Easy Transfer immediately using only real anti-malware and anti-virus application.
How to Remove Windows Easy Transfer Manually
1. Restart your computer in SafeMode
– Press F8 on keyboard as soon as you turn on the computer
– Select SafeMode to start the computer loading only minimal resources
2. Delete Windows registry entries the malware created. It is important to BACKUP YOUR REGISTRY FIRST.
– On Windows Start Menu, Click Start > Run
– Type in the field, regedit
– Find registry entries mentioned above and delete if necessary
3. Files related to Windows Easy Transfer must be deleted:
– Browse and delete malicious files detected above.
– Some files cannot be deleted instantly. Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to open Windows Task Manager, look for any virus-related files mentioned on this page and highlight it, click End Process. Try to delete the file once more.
4. Run Antivirus Program
– You must be connected to Internet to be able to update your anti-virus program. This is needed to have the latest database available and detect newer threats.
– Thoroughly scan the computer and clean or delete all detected threats.
How to Easily Remove Windows Easy Transfer
1. Print this procedure as we need to close all running programs later.
2. Download AntiMalware Application here and save it to your Desktop.
3. Close all open applications.
4. Double-Click on the downloaded mbam-setup.exe to start the installation. If unable to execute, infections on computer is preventing it from running, rename the file mbam-setup.exe to anything (like myfile.exe)
5. Run the installation on the default settings. No changes are necessary.
6. Just before completing the installation, make sure that the following are marked check.
– Update the program
– Launch the program
7. The tool will run and update itself after installation. Close it after the update.
8. Restart your computer in SafeMode
– After Power-On the computer, just before Windows start, press F8
– From the selections, Select SafeMode
9. Click on the icon and start to Perform Full Scan to begin scanning your computer for Windows Easy Transfer related files.
10. After scanning, a message will appear stating that the scan is completed successfully. Click OK.
11. Click Show Results and detected threats will be displayed.
12. Make sure that all threats are marked check, then click Remove Selected to begin removal of the malicious files.
13. Exit AntiMalware Apps and restart your computer.
14. Windows Easy Transfer and all its files are now removed from your computer. To guard your computer from this threat and avoid future infections, you may want real-time protection from a full version of anti-malware program..