|Threat:||Disk Clean Pro|
|Brief Description:||Adware are unwanted programs that can pose serious threats on the computer.|
Disk Clean Pro is a bogus system optimizer. This rogue software pretends to be the best tool that would help clean Mac computers for a better performance. Be mindful that its real motive is to make online revenue. Disk Clean Pro was not made to help improve Mac system’s performance.
Once your Mac is infested by Disk Clean Pro, it normally perform fake scan to your registry entries. As expected, it declares some errors that need to be fixed. But, to be able to fix the said errors, you do have to use the full version of the program. But mind you that this is totally not free.
Disk Clean Pro beyond doubt will not help to optimize and speed up the system performance. Rather, it would only place the system at risk of gaining other infections. As long as your Mac is engaged in Disk Clean Pro, it may be more prone to adware, malware, and other computer threats. It allows continuous exposure to malicious links and harmful contents that could even lead to compromise your privacy.
The method of merging this unwanted program along with free downloads is the fastest and most effective way to deliver Disk Clean Pro. This scheme is the reason why most Mac OS X users did not notice the inclusion of this rogue software. Its arrival happens mostly at times when internet users are not giving close attention as they install new programs.
Getting rid of it quickly would be the safest and most effective action for this matter. If you wish to fully remove Disk Clean Pro, then simply follow the removal steps provided below.
Procedures to Remove Disk Clean Pro
Removal steps on this page will help you get rid of the threat effectively using tools and virus scanners. Please make sure that you will carry out the guide in exact order.
Remove Disk Clean Pro from Safari browser
1. Open Safari browser.
2. Go to Safari menu.
3. Choose "Preferences".
4. This will open the Safari settings dialog box.
5. Please select "Extensions" tab to see list of installed extensions.
6. Select Disk Clean Pro from the list. If not found, it may be hiding under a different name. Look for unknown or suspicious item.
7. Turn off the extension by removing the Check Mark on the box beside "Enable Disk Clean Pro extension". You can also Uninstall the extension if you need to permanently remove it from the computer.
8. Please close Safari browser at the moment and proceed to the next procedure.
Manually delete all files dropped by the adware
1. Navigate the Apple Menu bar and click on "Go". Then, select "Go to Folder".
2. Copy and paste, or type the following line in the field and press Enter on your keyboard:
3. LaunchAgents folder should open at this point. Look for items with the following file name:
- Disk Clean Pro.update.plist
- Disk Clean Pro.AppRemoval.plist
- Disk Clean Pro.download.plist
- Disk Clean Pro.ltvbit.plist
- .com. Disk Clean Pro.agent.plist
4. Move each file to the Trash. This action may require administrator privilege. If you are not logged in as administrator, you need to provide required password.
5. Go to a different folder again using procedure from Step 1 and copy and paste or type the following line:
6. Do the same process as in Step 3 and move each file to the Trash.
7. Next, we need to look at Application Support folder. Using the same method as above. Go to this location:
8. Find the same files as in Step 3 and drag them to the Trash.
9. Go back to Apple Menu and then select Applications from the drop-down list.
10. Delete the following folders just in case they do exist.
SoftwareUpdater Disk Clean Pro
Note: Malware may use alternative names instead of Disk Clean Pro to mislead security programs as well as users. If in case the above list is not present, please look for unfamiliar or suspicious items containing the same extension as update.plist, ltvbit.plist, and download.plist.
Scan with MBAM to easily get rid of Disk Clean Pro
1. Download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware for Mac from the link below.
2. Drag the downloaded file MBAM-Mac-[version].dmg to Applications folder.
3. Under Applications folder, right-click on Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and select "Open" from the given choices.
4. After opening the tool, click on the "Scan" button to start checking the computer for presence of Disk Clean Pro and other malware.
5. When scanning is done, the tool will display all identified threats. Be sure to select malicious items.
6. Click on "Remove Selected Items" to delete the threats.
We hope that the procedures and removal tool on this page was able to help you in removing Disk Clean Pro. Your computer should now be malware free.