CP Antivirus 2100 is a computer threat that should never be trusted because it was developed to scam people. CP Antivirus 2100 originated from the family of fake security programs that has the main purpose of misleading target and make them believe that Trojan, virus and other types of malware is present on the computer. If this unwanted program gets on the PC, it will start to display fake alert messages and taskbar warning. A virus scan initiated by CP Antivirus 2100 may look like very legitimate and believable because it was designed to look like a real AV program. But the true purpose will surface when it begins to pop-up messages telling users to purchase the licensed version of the program. All of its scan and detection process was false and threats does not really exists on the computer. A scare tactics commonly employed by rogue security programs to promote the product.
Its presence on the computer will cause serious problems and block launching of any executable files. Instead, it will state that the file is infected with virus and a solution must be purchased from their online store. Those who fell for this scam will end up paying for the useless application. Later they will realized that they just got involved on fraudulent online transactions when the company billed the credit card used more than the amount indicated. So at the first sign of CP Antivirus 2100, immediately take care of the problem by doing a full scan of the computer using an effective anti-malware solution.
What are the Symptoms of CP Antivirus 2100 Infection?
It will modify Windows Registry and add the following entries:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run “CP Antivirus 2100”
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon “Shell” = “%Documents and Settings%\[UserName]\Application Data\(random).exe”
The threat will drop the following malicious files:
%Documents and Settings%\[User Name]\Application Data\(random).exe
%Documents and Settings%\[User Name]\Desktop\CP Antivirus 2100.lnk
How to Remove CP Antivirus 2100 Manually
1. Restart your computer in SafeMode
– After Power-On the computer, just before Windows start, press F8
– From the selections, Select SafeMode
2. Remove Registry entries that the threat added. You MUST BACKUP YOUR REGISTRY FIRST.
– Click Start > Run
– Type in the field, regedit
– Navigate and look for the registry entries mentioned above and delete if necessary
3. Delete malicious files that the threat added:
– Base on the given location above, browse and delete the file
– If no location is given, click Start>Search> and search for the files.
– If cannot be deleted, press Ctrl+Alt+Del to access Task Manager, see if the file is running in the process. If it is, select the file and click End Process. Perform file delete again.
4. Scan computer with Antivirus Program
– Update antivirus program
– Scan computer and delete all detected threats.
How to Easily Remove CP Antivirus 2100
1. Download and run Removal Tool to remove this computer threat.