Malware Destructor Protection Center is a fake Security Center that mimics Windows own interface to deceive its victims. This can be loaded on to computers without your knowledge by having it dropped by another Trojan that penetrated the computer. The same Trojan will attempt to disable installed anti-virus and firewall programs to avoid detection of Malware Destructor Protection Center. Malware authors are using a Trojan that will find security holes on the PC. It uses this as an entry point to capture the target computer.
Once the malware is present on the system, several annoyances will be initiated by this rogue program. Disturbance includes browser and Internet search redirection, blocking of Internet access to legitimate security web sites and malfunction of some tools including task manager, registry editor and folder options. Moreover, Malware Destructor Protection Center slows down the computer due to some process it runs in the background.
Removing Malware Destructor Protection Center is complicated and may delete important system files from a computer if done manually. Thus, we do not encourage this method. To get rid of the virus automatically, we have prepared an easy to follow procedure that will require you to download an anti-malware tool. If preferred, you may also do a thorough scan of your own antivirus program; just make sure that it has the most recent database to detect and delete latest malware variant. It is also helpful running a virus scan while Windows is in safe mode. This prevents the virus from occupying the memory and hampers the virus scan.
What are the Symptoms of Malware Destructor Protection Center Infection?
It will modify Windows Registry and add the following entries:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Malware Destructor Inc
The threat will drop the following malicious files:
%UserProfile%\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\Malware Destructor.lnk
%UserProfile%\Start Menu\Malware Destructor.lnk
%UserProfile%\Start Menu\Programs\Malware Destructor\
%UserProfile%\Start Menu\Programs\Malware Destructor\Malware Destructor.lnk
%UserProfile%\Start Menu\Programs\Malware Destructor\Uninstall.lnk
%UserProfile%\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\Malware Destructor.lnk
How to Remove Malware Destructor Protection Center Manually
1. Restart your computer in SafeMode
– After Power-On the computer, just before Windows start, press F8
– From the selections, Select SafeMode
2. Remove Registry entries that the threat added. You MUST BACKUP YOUR REGISTRY FIRST.
– Click Start > Run
– Type in the field, regedit
– Navigate and look for the registry entries mentioned above and delete if necessary
3. Delete malicious files that the threat added:
– Base on the given location above, browse and delete the file
– If no location is given, click Start>Search> and search for the files.
– If cannot be deleted, press Ctrl+Alt+Del to access Task Manager, see if the file is running in the process. If it is, select the file and click End Process. Perform file delete again.
4. Scan computer with Antivirus Program
– Update antivirus program
– Scan computer and delete all detected threats.
How to Easily Remove Malware Destructor Protection Center
1. Download and run the removal tool from this link. This will help you get rid of the malware from the computer with ease.