|Brief Description:||Adware are unwanted programs that can pose serious threats on the computer.|
K9-MacOptimizer is fake system optimizer that appears to be reliable tool for Mac computers. This rogue program offers advanced features and an easy way to clean and secure your Mac. Such features may be sounds like something beneficial for Mac OS X users. On the contrary, K9-MacOptimizer doesn’t provide the same value as advertised.
K9-MacOptimizer does perform fake scan and basically present fake results too. It state that your computer is dealing with a number of issues. In order to remove or fix the said issues, you do have to buy first the licensed version of K9-MacOptimizer.
Please take note that the real issue that your Mac computer is facing now is the K9-MacOptimizer itself. This is a rogue program that you might get most likely when you are installing free downloads. Or could be when you visit a hacked web site, and could be also acquired it when you click some links with malicious content.
K9-MacOptimizer is actually a product of some people that mere aim is to make money online. That’s why it uses illegal ways of entry onto the system, and even doing actions in spite of user’s approval. If you wish to improve your Mac performance, it should not be that costly. Registry cleaner and optimizer offered at no any cost will do. Mind you that using K9-MacOptimizer will only cause more problems rather than fixing issues.
Removing K9-MacOptimizer is highly suggested despite of the fact that it is not a virus. Getting rid of this rogue software would help keep your Mac and your privacy away from further damaging attack.
Procedures to Remove K9-MacOptimizer
Removal steps on this page will help you get rid of the threat effectively using tools and virus scanners. Please make sure that you will carry out the guide in exact order.
Remove K9-MacOptimizer from Safari browser
1. Open Safari browser.
2. Go to Safari menu.
3. Choose "Preferences".
4. This will open the Safari settings dialog box.
5. Please select "Extensions" tab to see list of installed extensions.
6. Select K9-MacOptimizer from the list. If not found, it may be hiding under a different name. Look for unknown or suspicious item.
7. Turn off the extension by removing the Check Mark on the box beside "Enable K9-MacOptimizer extension". You can also Uninstall the extension if you need to permanently remove it from the computer.
8. Please close Safari browser at the moment and proceed to the next procedure.
Manually delete all files dropped by the adware
1. Navigate the Apple Menu bar and click on "Go". Then, select "Go to Folder".
2. Copy and paste, or type the following line in the field and press Enter on your keyboard:
3. LaunchAgents folder should open at this point. Look for items with the following file name:
- .com. K9-MacOptimizer.agent.plist
4. Move each file to the Trash. This action may require administrator privilege. If you are not logged in as administrator, you need to provide required password.
5. Go to a different folder again using procedure from Step 1 and copy and paste or type the following line:
6. Do the same process as in Step 3 and move each file to the Trash.
7. Next, we need to look at Application Support folder. Using the same method as above. Go to this location:
8. Find the same files as in Step 3 and drag them to the Trash.
9. Go back to Apple Menu and then select Applications from the drop-down list.
10. Delete the following folders just in case they do exist.
Note: Malware may use alternative names instead of K9-MacOptimizer to mislead security programs as well as users. If in case the above list is not present, please look for unfamiliar or suspicious items containing the same extension as update.plist, ltvbit.plist, and download.plist.
Scan with MBAM to easily get rid of K9-MacOptimizer
1. Download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware for Mac from the link below.
2. Drag the downloaded file MBAM-Mac-[version].dmg to Applications folder.
3. Under Applications folder, right-click on Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and select "Open" from the given choices.
4. After opening the tool, click on the "Scan" button to start checking the computer for presence of K9-MacOptimizer and other malware.
5. When scanning is done, the tool will display all identified threats. Be sure to select malicious items.
6. Click on "Remove Selected Items" to delete the threats.
We hope that the procedures and removal tool on this page was able to help you in removing K9-MacOptimizer. Your computer should now be malware free.