Control Center is another rogue security application that has the functionalities of previously famous malware called Privacy Center. Control Center virus strength in both propagation and destructiveness remains to be seen, it can be another one that will contaminate millions of computer around the world, or another infamous one that can be catch by anti-virus and other security programs before it enters the system. Once inside the computer, Control Center virus will disable Task Manager, Control Panel, Registry Editor and other Windows troubleshooting functionalities to avoid removing it.
To be able to avoid being contracted with Control Center Trojan, Internet users must be aware of websites being visited and be sensitive of files being downloaded. Control Center commonly spread on the Internet so browsing must be exercise with caution. Control Center virus can also come from a fake security website or fake multimedia sites that will asked users to download a fake coded needed to view a video online.
What are the Symptoms of Control Center Virus Infection?
Most Recent Update: August 18, 2010
New variants are re-spawning and was re-programmed to avoid detection. It was also promoted now as “Simple one-click solution to protected your PC.”
Control Center virus will display its own interface as “Best PC health Components.”
It will modify Windows Registry and add the following entries:
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Current Version\Uninstall\Control Center
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Control Center
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run “Control Center”
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Control Center
The threat will create the following malicious files and folder:
- %Program Files%\Control Center
- %Documents and Settings%\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Control Center
- %Documents and Settings%\All Users\Application Data\Control Center
How to Easily Remove Control Center Virus
1. Print this procedure as we need to close all programs running later.
2. Download MBAM here and save it to your Desktop.
3. Close all open applications.
4. Double-Click on the downloaded mbam-setup.exe to start the installation. If unable to execute, infections on computer is preventing it from running, rename the file mbam-setup.exe to anything (like myfile.exe)
5. Run the installation on the default settings. No changes are necessary.
6. Just before completing the installation, make sure that the following are marked check.
– Update MBAM
– Launch MBAM
7. The tool will run and update itself after installation. Close it after the update.
8. Restart your computer in SafeMode
– After Power-On the computer, just before Windows start, press F8
– From the selections, Select SafeMode
9. Click on the icon and start to Perform Full Scan to begin scanning your computer for Control Center Virus related files.
10. After scanning, a message will appear stating that the scan is completed successfully. Click OK.
11. Click Show Results and detected threats will be displayed.
12. Make sure that all threats are marked check, then click Remove Selected to begin removal of the malicious files.
13. Exit AntiMalware Apps and restart your computer.
14. Control Center virus and Trojan, including all its files are now removed from your computer. To guard your computer from this threat and avoid future infections, you may want real-time protection from AntiMalware Apps.