Avast Enhanced Protection Mode is not an ordinary rogue security program that will display bunch of pop-up alerts and messages. Avast Enhanced Protection Mode have enhanced its deceiving mechanism by associating itself to an installed security application. The rogue program will pretend to be a part of Avast process in order to easily mislead its victims and make them believe that the message is real. The typical pop-up alert that may arise from the Windows task bar state the following:
ENHANCED PROTECTION MODE
Avast operates under enhanced protection mode. This is a temporary measure necessary for immediate response to the threat from a virus! No Action is required from you.
Typically, fake update like this will be introduced by a task bar alert stating that a new database was released. Executing the link will pop-up the message as stated above and this is the beginning of the infection. Though it may not spread on other PC’s connected to the network, Avast Enhanced Protection Mode can be more dangerous by updating itself while it still resides on the system.
This may look another believable program but the truth is, Avast Enhanced Protection Mode is an untrustworthy one that was created in the purpose of taking money out of its victims. Never spend even a single penny for this useless AV improvement. Running a scan using a real anti-virus or anti-malware product is a high priority to get rid of the fake program and all of its files and components dropped inside the computer.
What are the Symptoms of “Avast Enhanced Protection Mode” Infection?
It will modify Windows Registry and add the following entries:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run “Avast Enhanced Protection Mode”
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Avast Enhanced Protection Mode
The threat will drop the following malicious files:
How to Remove Avast Enhanced Protection Mode Manually
1. Restart your computer in SafeMode
– Press F8 on keyboard as soon as you turn on the computer
– Select SafeMode to start the computer loading only minimal resources
2. Delete Windows registry entries the malware created. It is important to BACKUP YOUR REGISTRY FIRST.
– On Windows Start Menu, Click Start > Run
– Type in the field, regedit
– Find registry entries mentioned above and delete if necessary
3. Files related to Avast Enhanced Protection Mode must be deleted:
– Browse and delete malicious files detected above.
– Some files cannot be deleted instantly. Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to open Windows Task Manager, look for any virus-related files mentioned on this page and highlight it, click End Process. Try to delete the file once more.
4. Run Antivirus Program
– You must be connected to Internet to be able to update your anti-virus program. This is needed to have the latest database available and detect newer threats.
– Thoroughly scan the computer and clean or delete all detected threats.
Automatic Removal of Avast Enhanced Protection Mode
1. Print this procedure as we need to close all running programs later.
2. Download AntiMalware Application here and save it to your Desktop.
3. Close all open applications.
4. Double-Click on the downloaded mbam-setup.exe to start the installation. If unable to execute, infections on computer is preventing it from running, rename the file mbam-setup.exe to anything (like myfile.exe)
5. Run the installation on the default settings. No changes are necessary.
6. Just before completing the installation, make sure that the following are marked check.
– Update the program
– Launch the program
7. The tool will run and update itself after installation. Close it after the update.
8. Restart your computer in SafeMode
– After Power-On the computer, just before Windows start, press F8
– From the selections, Select SafeMode
9. Click on the icon and start to Perform Full Scan to begin scanning your computer for Avast Enhanced Protection Mode related files.
10. After scanning, a message will appear stating that the scan is completed successfully. Click OK.
11. Click Show Results and detected threats will be displayed.
12. Make sure that all threats are marked check, then click Remove Selected to begin removal of the malicious files.
13. Exit AntiMalware Apps and restart your computer.
14. Avast Enhanced Protection Mode and all its files are now removed from your computer. To guard your computer from this threat and avoid future infections, you may want real-time protection from a full version of anti-malware program..