|Threat Name:||United Kingdom Police|
|Brief Description:||This type of malware locks the computer or desktop making it unusable.|
United Kingdom Police is a ransom program. A virus that when infects a computer will block user’s access. This malware locks the desktop and prevents you from executing anything on your own PC. It will disguise as a warning message from Police Central e-Crime Unit and states that you have committed online crimes. It declares that your actions are in violation of copyrighted law by illegally using or distributing software, music, and video files.
The next move of United Kingdom Police virus is to force you into paying what it calls a penalty. Within 72 hours, you must pay 100 Euro via Ukash or Paysafecard in order to unlock the computer. Failure to comply with this demand will lead to the filing of criminal charges against you.
Always remember that United Kingdom Police is fake. It is a malware in disguise. Computer security experts named virus such as this as RANSOMWARE, because of its trick in blocking access to your computer and insisting for ransom payment. You do not need to abide by the demand but you must take United Kingdom Police virus seriously. It can create more damages to the infected computer when not removed immediately.
Follow the guide on this page to get rid of the ransom program. Download all tools suggested to be certain that no more leftovers of the virus.
What are symptoms of United Kingdom Police (Ukash) Virus Infection?
Fake United Kingdom Police desktop warning is an over-designed lock-screen. It has integrated various agencies like Cheshire Police Authority and Police Central e-Crime Unit (PCeU). Additionally, it detects if you have antivirus program installed. If found, it will display corresponding logo beside a phrase “Supported and protected by”.
Procedures to Remove United Kingdom Police
Removal steps on this page will help you get rid of the threat effectively using tools and virus scanners. Please make sure that you will carry out the guide in exact order.
Create a USB Bootable Device
Ransom Trojans and viruses will lock the screen and makes the computer unusable. Common ways to deal with this type of infection is to boot the PC using another device. For this tutorial we will do a bootable disk that contains United Kingdom Police remover.
1. Download Kaspersky Rescue Disk from their official server. Click the button below. The file will be in .ISO format.
2. Download this utility called rescue2usb to record your .ISO file into the USB drive. Obviously you need a USB thumb drive at least 512MB in capacity. Plug it to the computer.
3. Once you have the two programs, double-click on the rescue2usb.exe to start creating a bootable USB drive.
4. You will see on the screen in the program called Kasperksy USB Rescue Disk Maker. Click on Browse and locate the .ISO file.
5. Under USB Medium, select the proper drive of your USB device.
6. Click on START. It will now begin to create a bootable USB drive with Kaspersky Rescue Disk in it.
Start the Computer with Kaspersky Rescue Disk.
1. You must set the computer to use other bootable device aside from hard drive. For this procedure, enable your BIOS to boot to USB device. If you are not familiar with this, please refer to your computer's instruction manual.
2. Another option is to access the Boot Menu right after you turn one the PC. It will present a Menu so that you can select a preferred boot drive. Select Removable Devices.
3. Your computer will now start and load Kaspersky Rescue Disk.
4. If you see a message on the screen, please Press any key to enter the menu. You only have 10 seconds to do this, otherwise it will boot with the hard drive.
5. Next screen will be the interface language. Please select desired language to use.
6. You must run the program in Graphic Mode. This gives you easy access to all commands and menus.
7. End User License Agreement will appear. Please accept to continue using the program. Press 1 to proceed.
Using WindowsUnlocker to Remove United Kingdom Police
1.Click on the K button at the lower left corner of the screen.
2. Select Terminal on the list. It will open a command prompt.
3. Type windowsunlocker and press Enter on your keyboard.
4. On WindowsUnlocker menu, please type 1 to Unlock Windows. This utility will clean the registry for malicious entries.
5. After the cleanup process, it will display the menu once more.
6. Press 0 on your keyboard to exit WindowsUnlocker.
Run a Virus Scan
1. After removing United Kingdom Police, you need to delete all remaining components.
2. Click on the K to display the menu.
3. Select Kaspersky Rescue Disk. This will open the virus scanning tool.
4. You need to update the program first. Select My Update Center tab and click on Start update. This requires an Internet connection.
5. After updating the program, select Object Scan tab and click on Start Object Scan. You must scan the following:
- Disk boot sectors
- Hidden startup objects
- All drives
6. Scanning the entire hard drive may take some time. Please let the scan to finish.
7. Once the scan process is complete, the tool will prompt you for preferred actions on detected threats. Deleting all threats is recommended.
8. You can now turn off the computer, unplug the USB drive, and start Windows in normal mode.