|Brief Description:||This type of malware locks the computer or desktop making it unusable.|
Spamhaus is being used as fake front liner by cyber criminal to make threats to the poor victims by showing false warning. It stated on infected PC “You have 48 hours left to enter your payment.” As a user, you will be alarm and worry that you cannot use computer any longer. As well as the files and vital data you have saved on it.
To collects fine from infected users, cyber criminal creates Spamhaus ransomware. They used labels of online security company to cover their intent. The idea is for common people to fall into the tactic of paying online fine due to their offense. In addition, not to engage them to cases that can cause in deep trouble if they do not follow. Spamhaus wants you to pay $300 for offense you did not commit.
Spamhaus malware has the ability to trace your IP address in such a way they can send you a message and order to pay the fine using language from your location. Then, Spamhaus demands that you use suggested cash voucher like Green Dot Moneypak. Let us remind you that online authorities never seek payment using this method. In fact, they never seek any payment or penalties online.
You may not be able to access your PC while Spamhaus virus exists. However, in any problem, there is an equivalent solution. Paying the ransom is not the key to solve the issue. You just have to delete Spamhaus malware to be able to restore your files and gain to access your PC once more.
Below is the systematic procedure on how you can remove this virus at once.
What are symptoms of Spamhaus malware Infection?
Spamhaus virus will post a message on your desktop stating “You have lost control over your computer. Your system and all your files has been blocked and encrypted because you were spreading the Malware (viruses, trojans, worms). You are breaking numerous International and USA laws.
Procedures to Remove Spamhaus
Removal steps on this page will help you get rid of the threat effectively using tools and virus scanners. Please make sure that you will carry out the guide in exact order.
Create a USB Bootable Device
Ransom Trojans and viruses will lock the screen and makes the computer unusable. Common ways to deal with this type of infection is to boot the PC using another device. For this tutorial we will do a bootable disk that contains Spamhaus remover.
1. Download Kaspersky Rescue Disk from their official server. Click the button below. The file will be in .ISO format.
2. Download this utility called rescue2usb to record your .ISO file into the USB drive. Obviously you need a USB thumb drive at least 512MB in capacity. Plug it to the computer.
3. Once you have the two programs, double-click on the rescue2usb.exe to start creating a bootable USB drive.
4. You will see on the screen in the program called Kasperksy USB Rescue Disk Maker. Click on Browse and locate the .ISO file.
5. Under USB Medium, select the proper drive of your USB device.
6. Click on START. It will now begin to create a bootable USB drive with Kaspersky Rescue Disk in it.
Start the Computer with Kaspersky Rescue Disk.
1. You must set the computer to use other bootable device aside from hard drive. For this procedure, enable your BIOS to boot to USB device. If you are not familiar with this, please refer to your computer's instruction manual.
2. Another option is to access the Boot Menu right after you turn one the PC. It will present a Menu so that you can select a preferred boot drive. Select Removable Devices.
3. Your computer will now start and load Kaspersky Rescue Disk.
4. If you see a message on the screen, please Press any key to enter the menu. You only have 10 seconds to do this, otherwise it will boot with the hard drive.
5. Next screen will be the interface language. Please select desired language to use.
6. You must run the program in Graphic Mode. This gives you easy access to all commands and menus.
7. End User License Agreement will appear. Please accept to continue using the program. Press 1 to proceed.
Using WindowsUnlocker to Remove Spamhaus
1.Click on the K button at the lower left corner of the screen.
2. Select Terminal on the list. It will open a command prompt.
3. Type windowsunlocker and press Enter on your keyboard.
4. On WindowsUnlocker menu, please type 1 to Unlock Windows. This utility will clean the registry for malicious entries.
5. After the cleanup process, it will display the menu once more.
6. Press 0 on your keyboard to exit WindowsUnlocker.
Run a Virus Scan
1. After removing Spamhaus, you need to delete all remaining components.
2. Click on the K to display the menu.
3. Select Kaspersky Rescue Disk. This will open the virus scanning tool.
4. You need to update the program first. Select My Update Center tab and click on Start update. This requires an Internet connection.
5. After updating the program, select Object Scan tab and click on Start Object Scan. You must scan the following:
- Disk boot sectors
- Hidden startup objects
- All drives
6. Scanning the entire hard drive may take some time. Please let the scan to finish.
7. Once the scan process is complete, the tool will prompt you for preferred actions on detected threats. Deleting all threats is recommended.
8. You can now turn off the computer, unplug the USB drive, and start Windows in normal mode.