|Brief Description:||This ransom virus encrypts selected files on the computer and prompts user to pay for decryption key.|
CryptXXX is a virus that belongs to ransomware class. It locks your files and asks to pay a ransom for the private key. It appends the .crypt, .cryp1 or .crypz extension to all encrypted files. Then it changes the desktop background and shows the ransom message. It contains message on how to restore your files.
CryptXXX stated that all your files were encrypted. You can regain access to your files by using unique decryption key. Yet, you can only get it by means of contacting the malware author. You have to pay first the ransom in Bitcoins. It did not give any time frame, but the amount that needs to be paid is roughly $500. It also states that this amount could double the price if victims were not able to pay it right away. Other details as regards to paying the ransom like the time frame will be instructed to you once you contact hackers.
Dealing with cyber crooks is just a complete waste of time and money. Even if you pay the amount ordered, your files are still locked. It was like allowing crooks to profit from this online modus. You cannot really regain access to your files once payment was made. It was merely a false claimed. CryptXXX in fact, has no any intent to send the private key that you need to decrypt your data.
Please be warned that CryptXXX virus is a denial-of-access attack. It refrains victims from accessing to its own files to increase chances of paying the ransom. That way, CryptXXX can profitably extort money from its victims.
CryptXXX is a malicious code that often established in many windows system through spam email with malicious attachments. Therefore, never open an email from an unknown source no matter how decent it may seem. Meanwhile, to save your system from further damages that CryptXXX can cause, feel free to use the removal steps on this page.
Procedures to Remove CryptXXX
Removal steps on this page will help you get rid of the threat effectively using tools and virus scanners. Please make sure that you will carry out the guide in exact order.
Procedure 1: Scan Computer in Safe Mode Using Installed Anti-virus Program
1. First, we will try to remove Remove CryptXXX Ransomware (Virus Removal) by running a virus scan under Safe Mode with Networking. To perform this task, please complete these procedures.
Start in Safe Mode with Networking (Windows XP/Vista/7 Instruction)
- Please restart the computer and just before Windows start, press F8 on your keyboard repeatedly. You will be presented with Advanced Options Menu.
- From the selections, choose Safe Mode with Networking. Please use keyboard's arrow up/down to navigate between selections and press Enter to proceed.
Start Windows 8 in Safe Mode with Networking
- Please restart the computer and as soon as it begins to start, please press Shift+F8 keys.
- Instead of seeing Advance Boot Options, Windows 8 will display Recovery Mode. Continue with the given steps until you reach Safe Mode function.
- Click on 'See advanced repair options'.
- Then, click on Troubleshoot.
- Next, please select Advanced options.
- On the next window, please choose Windows Startup Settings.
- Lastly, click on Restart button. Windows 8 will now restart and boot into Advanced Boot Option wherein you can run the system in Safe Mode with Networking.
2. Open your installed anti-virus programs and update it to the most recent version by automatically downloading necessary updates.
3. Thoroughly scan the computer and remove all identified threats. Do not restart or turn off the computer after the scan process. You still need to run another scan. Please follow the next procedure.
Procedure 2: Scan and remove CryptXXX files with MalwareBytes Anti-Malware
To remove CryptXXX, download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. This tool is effective in getting rid of Trojans, viruses and malware.
1. After downloading, please install the program using the default settings.
2. At the end of the installation, please make sure that it will download necessary updates.
3. Once update has completed, MBAM will launch.
4. Select SCAN from the top menu. Then, click on Threat Scan (Recommended) section.
5. Click on Start Scan to thoroughly scan the computer. Remove all threats detected by this anti-malware program after the process.
Procedure 3: Run Microsoft Safety Scanner to remove CryptXXX components.
MS Safety Scanner is a free security tool that offers on-demand virus scanning and helps remove threats from the infected computer. It is a stand-alone program that works even with existing antivirus program.
Important: Each download of Microsoft Safety Scanner expires 10 days after the acquisition date. If this period lapses, you need to download the same program from the same location again. New download contains newer virus definition and database to detect and clean most recent viruses.
To use this tool in removing CryptXXX, please follow this procedure.
1. Download Microsoft Safety Scanner from official web site. Click on the button below.
2. Save the file to a convenient location such as Desktop.
3. Once the download completes, browse the folder and double-click on the file msert.exe. Icon for this file looks like this.
4. If Windows prompts for a security warning and ask if you want to run the file, click on Run. For Windows Vista/7 users, you may right-click on the file and select Run as administrator from the selection.
5. On initial run, the tool will display End User License Agreement, please accept the terms and click Next. Continue on the process until you reach the Scan Type window.
6. Select on Full scan to entire the system and detect any presence of CryptXXX. Then, click Next button to begin the scan process. Scanning may take a while, please be patient.
7. Once Microsoft Safety Scanner finished on scanning the computer, it will display the result. If it finds presence of CryptXXX and other malware, the tool removes them automatically.
8. Click on Finish button to close the tool.
Recover CryptXXX Encrypted Files
CryptXXX Decryption Tool
This guide provides simple procedures and free tool to decrypt CryptXXX infected files.
1. Start by clicking the download button below. This will allow you to download Trend Micro Ransomware File Decryptor.
2. After downloading, unzip the file and launch RansomwareFileDecryptor.
3. The tool will display End User License Agreement. You must accept it in order to proceed.
4. After you agree with the EULA, the tool will open to main graphical user interface (GUI).
5. Next, click on Select button to choose ransomware type.
6. Choose the appropriate ransomware that infects your files. Then, click OK to continue.
7. On next window, click on Select and Decrypt button.
8. Please choose the folder encrypted by CryptXXX ransomware. The tool will scan the submitted folder then do necessary actions to decrypt infected files.
Time duration to decrypt CryptXXX files may vary on type of ransomware and volume of files submitted for decryption. Please be patient during the process.
Use ShadowExplorer to Recover Files
Recovering CryptXXX encrypted files using this tool may only be possible if the virus did not erased the Shadow Copies of files on your computer. Volume Shadow Service is a Windows feature and is a component of Windows Backup and System Restore. Backup data are kept automatically in the system after enabling System Restore. Therefore, you may never use this feature when System Restore not active on the computer.
1. Download the most recent version of ShadowExplorer from their official website. Click the button below.
2. Install this program on your computer. It should initialize after the installation process. You may also double-click the created icon to run ShadowExplorer.
3. On main interface, click on the Drive Path at upper left corner to list all Volume Shadow Copies kept on your computer.
4. Select preferred time and date you wish to restore. It is suggested to select the most recent copy before the CryptXXX infection.
5. Right-click on the folder you wish to restore. Then, click on Export.
6. ShadowExplorer will prompt for the new location of files to recover. Please specify the path where you want to save copies of your files.