|Brief Description:||This type of malware locks the computer or desktop making it unusable.|
PCeU virus, or also known as the Police Central e-crime Unit malware locks the computer of the victims. It is part of the Reveton Trojan family and can be acquired by visiting harmful web sites. This Trojan has a list of numerous variants and targeting mostly UK regions.
If PCeU virus enters the computer, it made some changes on the system causing the desktop to display a fake warning. It states that authorities have suspended the PC due to illegal online activities. You will receive several charges from this fake web page warning that overlaps the desktop. Moreover, Police Central e-crime Unit malware demands for a payment before you can regain an access. It only accepts cash vouchers from Ukash and Paysafecard. Once you enter the Ukash or Paysafecard code, PCeU warning will vanished from your PC but that does not mean that it has gone from the system. It may strike again anytime to solicit more money. Thus, we advise you not to pay for this ransomware. Instead, remove all the threats that is causing this.
To be able to remove PCeU virus from your PC, we have outlined a removal guide below. Also, tools and programs that can uninstall all of its components are also suggested. Please make sure that you run a complete scan on the ailing computer to eliminate presence of known threats.
What are symptoms of PCeU Virus Infection?
It serves the warning with this message:
Your Computer Has Been Locked
The work of your computer has been suspended on the grounds of unauthorized cyberactivity.
As shown in the image above, PCeU or Police Central e-crime Unit virus denies your access on the computer by displaying a console containing false warning. It advises you to pay the penalty for committing illegal activities online. You must input the Ukash or Paysafecard code in the provided box before it unlocks the PC.
Procedures to Remove PCeU
Removal steps on this page will help you get rid of the threat effectively using tools and virus scanners. Please make sure that you will carry out the guide in exact order.
Create a USB Bootable Device
Ransom Trojans and viruses will lock the screen and makes the computer unusable. Common ways to deal with this type of infection is to boot the PC using another device. For this tutorial we will do a bootable disk that contains PCeU remover.
1. Download Kaspersky Rescue Disk from their official server. Click the button below. The file will be in .ISO format.
2. Download this utility called rescue2usb to record your .ISO file into the USB drive. Obviously you need a USB thumb drive at least 512MB in capacity. Plug it to the computer.
3. Once you have the two programs, double-click on the rescue2usb.exe to start creating a bootable USB drive.
4. You will see on the screen in the program called Kasperksy USB Rescue Disk Maker. Click on Browse and locate the .ISO file.
5. Under USB Medium, select the proper drive of your USB device.
6. Click on START. It will now begin to create a bootable USB drive with Kaspersky Rescue Disk in it.
Start the Computer with Kaspersky Rescue Disk.
1. You must set the computer to use other bootable device aside from hard drive. For this procedure, enable your BIOS to boot to USB device. If you are not familiar with this, please refer to your computer's instruction manual.
2. Another option is to access the Boot Menu right after you turn one the PC. It will present a Menu so that you can select a preferred boot drive. Select Removable Devices.
3. Your computer will now start and load Kaspersky Rescue Disk.
4. If you see a message on the screen, please Press any key to enter the menu. You only have 10 seconds to do this, otherwise it will boot with the hard drive.
5. Next screen will be the interface language. Please select desired language to use.
6. You must run the program in Graphic Mode. This gives you easy access to all commands and menus.
7. End User License Agreement will appear. Please accept to continue using the program. Press 1 to proceed.
Using WindowsUnlocker to Remove PCeU
1.Click on the K button at the lower left corner of the screen.
2. Select Terminal on the list. It will open a command prompt.
3. Type windowsunlocker and press Enter on your keyboard.
4. On WindowsUnlocker menu, please type 1 to Unlock Windows. This utility will clean the registry for malicious entries.
5. After the cleanup process, it will display the menu once more.
6. Press 0 on your keyboard to exit WindowsUnlocker.
Run a Virus Scan
1. After removing PCeU, you need to delete all remaining components.
2. Click on the K to display the menu.
3. Select Kaspersky Rescue Disk. This will open the virus scanning tool.
4. You need to update the program first. Select My Update Center tab and click on Start update. This requires an Internet connection.
5. After updating the program, select Object Scan tab and click on Start Object Scan. You must scan the following:
- Disk boot sectors
- Hidden startup objects
- All drives
6. Scanning the entire hard drive may take some time. Please let the scan to finish.
7. Once the scan process is complete, the tool will prompt you for preferred actions on detected threats. Deleting all threats is recommended.
8. You can now turn off the computer, unplug the USB drive, and start Windows in normal mode.