|Threat Name:||Metropolitan Police|
|Brief Description:||This type of malware locks the computer or desktop making it unusable.|
Metropolitan Police Ukash virus ruins an infected computer by refusing user’s access. There are a number of variant for this threat and most of them targets regions in Europe. While most variants are deployed on that part of the world, Metropolitan Police Ukash intends to infect users worldwide. As of this writing, it intensely affects computer users in western part of the world particularly U.S. and Canada.
This malware arrives on your computer using various techniques but it uses Trojan a lot. Visitors of compromised web site can download and install Metropolitan Police Ukash virus without their knowledge. It is employing a technique called drive-by-download where a Trojan will take advantage of browser’s exploit to drop the malware. Some piece of evidence links spam email messages and social networking site to the spread of Metropolitan Police Ukash virus.
As soon as the malware executes on the computer, it changes the registry right away. Some files are also dropped onto the system, usually on various locations. Through these adjustments, Metropolitan Police Ukash may blocked user’s access and post a message on desktop. It is actually a web page posing as desktop background charging a penalty for user. It also blame user for using illegal copies of software and downloading pirated version of movies and music files.
Even if it dictates you to pay a penalty for alleged offense, which you did not commit, you must stay safe and elude the malware. All you have to do is follow the Metropolitan Police Ukash virus removal procedure on this page to clean your PC.
What are the Symptoms of Metropolitan Police Ukash Virus Infection?
PC’s that are infected with Metropolitan Police Ukash will have a locked desktop that reveals an alert containing this message:
Another version shown in the image below is Strathclyde Metropolitan Police virus.
Procedures to Remove Metropolitan Police
Removal steps on this page will help you get rid of the threat effectively using tools and virus scanners. Please make sure that you will carry out the guide in exact order.
Create a USB Bootable Device
Ransom Trojans and viruses will lock the screen and makes the computer unusable. Common ways to deal with this type of infection is to boot the PC using another device. For this tutorial we will do a bootable disk that contains Metropolitan Police remover.
1. Download Kaspersky Rescue Disk from their official server. Click the button below. The file will be in .ISO format.
2. Download this utility called rescue2usb to record your .ISO file into the USB drive. Obviously you need a USB thumb drive at least 512MB in capacity. Plug it to the computer.
3. Once you have the two programs, double-click on the rescue2usb.exe to start creating a bootable USB drive.
4. You will see on the screen in the program called Kasperksy USB Rescue Disk Maker. Click on Browse and locate the .ISO file.
5. Under USB Medium, select the proper drive of your USB device.
6. Click on START. It will now begin to create a bootable USB drive with Kaspersky Rescue Disk in it.
Start the Computer with Kaspersky Rescue Disk.
1. You must set the computer to use other bootable device aside from hard drive. For this procedure, enable your BIOS to boot to USB device. If you are not familiar with this, please refer to your computer's instruction manual.
2. Another option is to access the Boot Menu right after you turn one the PC. It will present a Menu so that you can select a preferred boot drive. Select Removable Devices.
3. Your computer will now start and load Kaspersky Rescue Disk.
4. If you see a message on the screen, please Press any key to enter the menu. You only have 10 seconds to do this, otherwise it will boot with the hard drive.
5. Next screen will be the interface language. Please select desired language to use.
6. You must run the program in Graphic Mode. This gives you easy access to all commands and menus.
7. End User License Agreement will appear. Please accept to continue using the program. Press 1 to proceed.
Using WindowsUnlocker to Remove Metropolitan Police
1.Click on the K button at the lower left corner of the screen.
2. Select Terminal on the list. It will open a command prompt.
3. Type windowsunlocker and press Enter on your keyboard.
4. On WindowsUnlocker menu, please type 1 to Unlock Windows. This utility will clean the registry for malicious entries.
5. After the cleanup process, it will display the menu once more.
6. Press 0 on your keyboard to exit WindowsUnlocker.
Run a Virus Scan
1. After removing Metropolitan Police, you need to delete all remaining components.
2. Click on the K to display the menu.
3. Select Kaspersky Rescue Disk. This will open the virus scanning tool.
4. You need to update the program first. Select My Update Center tab and click on Start update. This requires an Internet connection.
5. After updating the program, select Object Scan tab and click on Start Object Scan. You must scan the following:
- Disk boot sectors
- Hidden startup objects
- All drives
6. Scanning the entire hard drive may take some time. Please let the scan to finish.
7. Once the scan process is complete, the tool will prompt you for preferred actions on detected threats. Deleting all threats is recommended.
8. You can now turn off the computer, unplug the USB drive, and start Windows in normal mode.