|Threat Name:||Firewall of the United States|
|Brief Description:||This type of malware locks the computer or desktop making it unusable.|
Firewall of the United States – Computer Blocked that will appear on your system is part of a ransom family of malware. In most cases, it is called Computer Blocked virus, which has already struck many computer around the world. The fact that it is similar to FBI MoneyPak virus or Police Department malware, we can consider it as another ransom malware that disguise to be a warning message from authorities. The fake message will accuse you of several online crime committed using your own PC. For this reason, computer is blocked temporarily until you pay the designated ransom asked by the so called “Firewall of the United States”.
It is understood that the threat not only demands payment from victims. The Trojan part of Firewall of the United States – Computer Blocked, has a backdoor module that allows the malware author to gain access on the infected computer. Additionally, some versions from this group can encrypt files on the system, which renders it useless. Others may damage the master boot record by placing harmful code in order to deny user’s access on the target computer.
Removing Firewall of the United States and unblocking the computer may require certain steps to complete. There is no instant solution for this complex virus. For a complete guide, please see the special section below that discusses the procedures in getting rid of this malware.
What are symptoms of “Firewall of the United States – Computer Blocked” Infection?
Procedures to Remove Firewall of the United States
Removal steps on this page will help you get rid of the threat effectively using tools and virus scanners. Please make sure that you will carry out the guide in exact order.
Create a USB Bootable Device
Ransom Trojans and viruses will lock the screen and makes the computer unusable. Common ways to deal with this type of infection is to boot the PC using another device. For this tutorial we will do a bootable disk that contains Firewall of the United States remover.
1. Download Kaspersky Rescue Disk from their official server. Click the button below. The file will be in .ISO format.
2. Download this utility called rescue2usb to record your .ISO file into the USB drive. Obviously you need a USB thumb drive at least 512MB in capacity. Plug it to the computer.
3. Once you have the two programs, double-click on the rescue2usb.exe to start creating a bootable USB drive.
4. You will see on the screen in the program called Kasperksy USB Rescue Disk Maker. Click on Browse and locate the .ISO file.
5. Under USB Medium, select the proper drive of your USB device.
6. Click on START. It will now begin to create a bootable USB drive with Kaspersky Rescue Disk in it.
Start the Computer with Kaspersky Rescue Disk.
1. You must set the computer to use other bootable device aside from hard drive. For this procedure, enable your BIOS to boot to USB device. If you are not familiar with this, please refer to your computer's instruction manual.
2. Another option is to access the Boot Menu right after you turn one the PC. It will present a Menu so that you can select a preferred boot drive. Select Removable Devices.
3. Your computer will now start and load Kaspersky Rescue Disk.
4. If you see a message on the screen, please Press any key to enter the menu. You only have 10 seconds to do this, otherwise it will boot with the hard drive.
5. Next screen will be the interface language. Please select desired language to use.
6. You must run the program in Graphic Mode. This gives you easy access to all commands and menus.
7. End User License Agreement will appear. Please accept to continue using the program. Press 1 to proceed.
Using WindowsUnlocker to Remove Firewall of the United States
1.Click on the K button at the lower left corner of the screen.
2. Select Terminal on the list. It will open a command prompt.
3. Type windowsunlocker and press Enter on your keyboard.
4. On WindowsUnlocker menu, please type 1 to Unlock Windows. This utility will clean the registry for malicious entries.
5. After the cleanup process, it will display the menu once more.
6. Press 0 on your keyboard to exit WindowsUnlocker.
Run a Virus Scan
1. After removing Firewall of the United States, you need to delete all remaining components.
2. Click on the K to display the menu.
3. Select Kaspersky Rescue Disk. This will open the virus scanning tool.
4. You need to update the program first. Select My Update Center tab and click on Start update. This requires an Internet connection.
5. After updating the program, select Object Scan tab and click on Start Object Scan. You must scan the following:
- Disk boot sectors
- Hidden startup objects
- All drives
6. Scanning the entire hard drive may take some time. Please let the scan to finish.
7. Once the scan process is complete, the tool will prompt you for preferred actions on detected threats. Deleting all threats is recommended.
8. You can now turn off the computer, unplug the USB drive, and start Windows in normal mode.