|Threat Name:||FBI Anti-Piracy Warning|
|Brief Description:||This type of malware locks the computer or desktop making it unusable.|
FBI Anti-Piracy Warning malware is a risky virus infection that can make your desktop unusable. In some instances, it is called as FBI Anti-Piracy Warning Greendot Moneypack because it is utilizing this payment scheme to steal money from computer users. Normally, the threat is known as ‘ransomware’ because it will deny your access to your own PC until you pay for the unlock code.
So, do not panic if you see a screen containing the message “FBI Anti-Piracy Warning. Your computer has been locked.” It does not originate from authorities. Malware authors placed it on your computer to scare you and persuade you to pay for the code via Greendot Moneypack voucher. The threat demands from $100 to $200 for this code. You will regain access to the computer once you enter the number on the box provided by FBI Anti-Piracy Warning virus. Though, it does not mean that system is free from threats. In fact, the malware just unlocked your desktop. Trojans and viruses that come with it remain on the PC.
To completely remove FBI Anti-Piracy Warning virus from your computer, please proceed to the guide that you can find on this page. Download the tool and make sure that you will scan the computer to delete all threats and harmful registry entries.
What are symptoms of FBI Anti-Piracy Warning Malware Infection?
One version of the malware contains the header “FBI Anti-Piracy Warning. Your computer has been locked.” See image below for reference.
Another one that is also in the wild bears the text “FBI Anti-Piracy Warning” only in the header but highlighted the Greendot MoneyPak as sole payment scheme in acquiring the unlock code.
Procedures to Remove FBI Anti-Piracy Warning
Removal steps on this page will help you get rid of the threat effectively using tools and virus scanners. Please make sure that you will carry out the guide in exact order.
Create a USB Bootable Device
Ransom Trojans and viruses will lock the screen and makes the computer unusable. Common ways to deal with this type of infection is to boot the PC using another device. For this tutorial we will do a bootable disk that contains FBI Anti-Piracy Warning remover.
1. Download Kaspersky Rescue Disk from their official server. Click the button below. The file will be in .ISO format.
2. Download this utility called rescue2usb to record your .ISO file into the USB drive. Obviously you need a USB thumb drive at least 512MB in capacity. Plug it to the computer.
3. Once you have the two programs, double-click on the rescue2usb.exe to start creating a bootable USB drive.
4. You will see on the screen in the program called Kasperksy USB Rescue Disk Maker. Click on Browse and locate the .ISO file.
5. Under USB Medium, select the proper drive of your USB device.
6. Click on START. It will now begin to create a bootable USB drive with Kaspersky Rescue Disk in it.
Start the Computer with Kaspersky Rescue Disk.
1. You must set the computer to use other bootable device aside from hard drive. For this procedure, enable your BIOS to boot to USB device. If you are not familiar with this, please refer to your computer's instruction manual.
2. Another option is to access the Boot Menu right after you turn one the PC. It will present a Menu so that you can select a preferred boot drive. Select Removable Devices.
3. Your computer will now start and load Kaspersky Rescue Disk.
4. If you see a message on the screen, please Press any key to enter the menu. You only have 10 seconds to do this, otherwise it will boot with the hard drive.
5. Next screen will be the interface language. Please select desired language to use.
6. You must run the program in Graphic Mode. This gives you easy access to all commands and menus.
7. End User License Agreement will appear. Please accept to continue using the program. Press 1 to proceed.
Using WindowsUnlocker to Remove FBI Anti-Piracy Warning
1.Click on the K button at the lower left corner of the screen.
2. Select Terminal on the list. It will open a command prompt.
3. Type windowsunlocker and press Enter on your keyboard.
4. On WindowsUnlocker menu, please type 1 to Unlock Windows. This utility will clean the registry for malicious entries.
5. After the cleanup process, it will display the menu once more.
6. Press 0 on your keyboard to exit WindowsUnlocker.
Run a Virus Scan
1. After removing FBI Anti-Piracy Warning, you need to delete all remaining components.
2. Click on the K to display the menu.
3. Select Kaspersky Rescue Disk. This will open the virus scanning tool.
4. You need to update the program first. Select My Update Center tab and click on Start update. This requires an Internet connection.
5. After updating the program, select Object Scan tab and click on Start Object Scan. You must scan the following:
- Disk boot sectors
- Hidden startup objects
- All drives
6. Scanning the entire hard drive may take some time. Please let the scan to finish.
7. Once the scan process is complete, the tool will prompt you for preferred actions on detected threats. Deleting all threats is recommended.
8. You can now turn off the computer, unplug the USB drive, and start Windows in normal mode.