|Threat Name:||Cheshire Police Virus|
|Brief Description:||This type of malware locks the computer or desktop making it unusable.|
Unethical tactics used by cyber criminals to collect victim’s money is thru the Cheshire Police virus. It is a ransomware that also known in many forms such as Abu Dhabi Police GHQ malware, fake United Kingdom Police warning, and PCeU Virus. In order to make it easy to collect money from issued penalties, author made this malware like a genuine warning from authorities. It shows as if it is coming straight from the Cheshire Police Authority of United Kingdom Police. It is displayed on victim’s system that the PC and user have been liable for illegal deeds such as violation in downloading copyright files, SPAM and giving out of pornographic materials. The said abuse has an equal amount of fine between 100 to 200 UK pounds. You may pay this fine through Ukash or Paysafecard in exchange of unlocking your PC.
Cheshire Police already claims no responsibility on this matter. They informed the common people that none of the officials used to lock someone’s computer for any online violation nor did they collect fine for any unlawful act of a person. It is just a trick to use their names to threaten the victim to pay the fake fine. Aside from this, there is a warning that if you do not pay the fine within the allowable period, your PC will be blocked forever and legal action will be taken against you.
You do not have to afraid if Cheshire Police virus infects your computer. We highly advised not to pay the demand just to be able to unlock your desktop. Please do ignore any threat, for this is just a trick to steal money from you. Even if you pay the fine, system will still be locked and virus that causes this will remain inside the computer. Instead, we recommend you to follow the effective guide below on how to remove this Cheshire Police virus.
This is not the first time that this virus has appeared in European region. There are other malware of the same nature. We highly suggest that you remove the fake SUISA warning before it can further harm the computer. Follow the guide on this page to delete the malware from the compromised PC.
What are symptoms of Cheshire Police Virus Infection?
As shown in the image above, Cheshire Police virus will lock the computer and display a fake warning that pretends to be from United Kingdom Police. This warning insists that you have violated copyrighted laws and require that you pay the penalty via Ukash or Paysafecard payment scheme.
Procedures to Remove Cheshire Police Virus
Removal steps on this page will help you get rid of the threat effectively using tools and virus scanners. Please make sure that you will carry out the guide in exact order.
Create a USB Bootable Device
Ransom Trojans and viruses will lock the screen and makes the computer unusable. Common ways to deal with this type of infection is to boot the PC using another device. For this tutorial we will do a bootable disk that contains Cheshire Police Virus remover.
1. Download Kaspersky Rescue Disk from their official server. Click the button below. The file will be in .ISO format.
2. Download this utility called rescue2usb to record your .ISO file into the USB drive. Obviously you need a USB thumb drive at least 512MB in capacity. Plug it to the computer.
3. Once you have the two programs, double-click on the rescue2usb.exe to start creating a bootable USB drive.
4. You will see on the screen in the program called Kasperksy USB Rescue Disk Maker. Click on Browse and locate the .ISO file.
5. Under USB Medium, select the proper drive of your USB device.
6. Click on START. It will now begin to create a bootable USB drive with Kaspersky Rescue Disk in it.
Start the Computer with Kaspersky Rescue Disk.
1. You must set the computer to use other bootable device aside from hard drive. For this procedure, enable your BIOS to boot to USB device. If you are not familiar with this, please refer to your computer's instruction manual.
2. Another option is to access the Boot Menu right after you turn one the PC. It will present a Menu so that you can select a preferred boot drive. Select Removable Devices.
3. Your computer will now start and load Kaspersky Rescue Disk.
4. If you see a message on the screen, please Press any key to enter the menu. You only have 10 seconds to do this, otherwise it will boot with the hard drive.
5. Next screen will be the interface language. Please select desired language to use.
6. You must run the program in Graphic Mode. This gives you easy access to all commands and menus.
7. End User License Agreement will appear. Please accept to continue using the program. Press 1 to proceed.
Using WindowsUnlocker to Remove Cheshire Police Virus
1.Click on the K button at the lower left corner of the screen.
2. Select Terminal on the list. It will open a command prompt.
3. Type windowsunlocker and press Enter on your keyboard.
4. On WindowsUnlocker menu, please type 1 to Unlock Windows. This utility will clean the registry for malicious entries.
5. After the cleanup process, it will display the menu once more.
6. Press 0 on your keyboard to exit WindowsUnlocker.
Run a Virus Scan
1. After removing Cheshire Police Virus, you need to delete all remaining components.
2. Click on the K to display the menu.
3. Select Kaspersky Rescue Disk. This will open the virus scanning tool.
4. You need to update the program first. Select My Update Center tab and click on Start update. This requires an Internet connection.
5. After updating the program, select Object Scan tab and click on Start Object Scan. You must scan the following:
- Disk boot sectors
- Hidden startup objects
- All drives
6. Scanning the entire hard drive may take some time. Please let the scan to finish.
7. Once the scan process is complete, the tool will prompt you for preferred actions on detected threats. Deleting all threats is recommended.
8. You can now turn off the computer, unplug the USB drive, and start Windows in normal mode.