|Brief Description:||Adware are unwanted programs that can pose serious threats on the computer.|
Search.quitelex.com is a browser hijacker that can cause serious danger to internet application. When this adware attack a computer, there will be immense changes on target browser like Google Chrome and Safari. Default search tool, new tab, and homepage will expose the unwanted search engine called Search.quitelex.com. Making search queries on such dubious program can redirect your browser to unknown sites and malicious pages.
Keep in mind that Search.quitelex.com is not a reliable search engine. Aside from changing some settings on the browser, this Macintosh-based adware can come with other malicious applications. In particular, it arrives with the primary adware called Quitelex. Together, these are potential threats to your system.
Search.quitelex.com can end-up on the computer when installing malicious freeware. In addition, visiting ad-supported links may also drop this adware onto the computer and bypass certain security and restrictions. Therefore, Search.quitelex.com can infiltrate the computer without the awareness of user.
Identical to Search.portsayd.com and Search.otwexplain.com, Search.quitelex.com can track your online browsing history and collect sensitive information from the browser. This browser hijacker can collect limitless online data from the compromised computer while user is unaware of this unlawful activity.
To avoid additional damage on the already infected Mac system, it is highly recommended to remove Search.quitelex.com from the browser and computer as well. Your trusted anti-virus program may not detect and remove this threat, simply because it is not a virus. Most security products observe Search.quitelex.com as usual browser extension; hence, anti-malware tool is needed to eliminate this threat.
Procedures to Remove Search.quitelex.com
Removal steps on this page will help you get rid of the threat effectively using tools and virus scanners. Please make sure that you will carry out the guide in exact order.
Remove Search.quitelex.com from Safari browser
1. Open Safari browser.
2. Go to Safari menu.
3. Choose "Preferences".
4. This will open the Safari settings dialog box.
5. Please select "Extensions" tab to see list of installed extensions.
6. Select Search.quitelex.com from the list. If not found, it may be hiding under a different name. Look for unknown or suspicious item.
7. Turn off the extension by removing the Check Mark on the box beside "Enable Search.quitelex.com extension". You can also Uninstall the extension if you need to permanently remove it from the computer.
8. Please close Safari browser at the moment and proceed to the next procedure.
Manually delete all files dropped by the adware
1. Navigate the Apple Menu bar and click on "Go". Then, select "Go to Folder".
2. Copy and paste, or type the following line in the field and press Enter on your keyboard:
3. LaunchAgents folder should open at this point. Look for items with the following file name:
- .com. Search.quitelex.com.agent.plist
4. Move each file to the Trash. This action may require administrator privilege. If you are not logged in as administrator, you need to provide required password.
5. Go to a different folder again using procedure from Step 1 and copy and paste or type the following line:
6. Do the same process as in Step 3 and move each file to the Trash.
7. Next, we need to look at Application Support folder. Using the same method as above. Go to this location:
8. Find the same files as in Step 3 and drag them to the Trash.
9. Go back to Apple Menu and then select Applications from the drop-down list.
10. Delete the following folders just in case they do exist.
Note: Malware may use alternative names instead of Search.quitelex.com to mislead security programs as well as users. If in case the above list is not present, please look for unfamiliar or suspicious items containing the same extension as update.plist, ltvbit.plist, and download.plist.
Scan with MBAM to easily get rid of Search.quitelex.com
1. Download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware for Mac from the link below.
2. Drag the downloaded file MBAM-Mac-[version].dmg to Applications folder.
3. Under Applications folder, right-click on Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and select "Open" from the given choices.
4. After opening the tool, click on the "Scan" button to start checking the computer for presence of Search.quitelex.com and other malware.
5. When scanning is done, the tool will display all identified threats. Be sure to select malicious items.
6. Click on "Remove Selected Items" to delete the threats.
We hope that the procedures and removal tool on this page was able to help you in removing Search.quitelex.com. Your computer should now be malware free.