|Brief Description:||Adware are unwanted programs that can pose serious threats on Mac computer.|
Search.searchbenny.com is a threat that you may download and install from the internet. While internet carries an extensive range of information, services, and accelerated form of personal connections through various social networking, it is also carries masses of issues. Search.searchbenny.com for instance, this is a dubious web site that trying to pretend as real search engine.
The first objective of Search.searchbenny.com is to hijack the web browser. It doesn’t matter if you are using Edge, Firefox, Chrome, and Internet Explorer. This fake search engine is in fact fitted to most famous web browsers. Right after its successful infiltration on the Mac OS X system, it performs changes even without user’s consent.
The home page, new tab, and default search engine turned as Search.searchbenny.com. Constant redirect won’t allow you to lead to web sites you really want to visit. You may even encounter a lot more display of ads than usual. Search.searchbenny.com will merely supply you with erratic search results. Therefore, it will only ruin your online browsing.
Search.searchbenny.com is designed for its author to gain revenue. This bogus web site only gives false claims to lure its users. Instead of enhancing the online browsing experience, users will end up frustrate with unwanted redirect and too much online ads. In addition, Search.searchbenny.com does track the user’s online habit. All data with regards to your choice of products and services will be collected. But it’s not over yet, even your private details can be tracked, gathered, and share it with third party. This time, even your privacy is not safe and will surely put it at high risk.
Keep in mind that number of issues can increase while Search.searchbenny.com is active on the system. This can multiply very fast and can cause a lot of other problems. Be on guard against further attacks by removing Search.searchbenny.com from your Mac OS X system.
Procedures to Remove Search.searchbenny.com
Removal steps on this page will help you get rid of the threat effectively using tools and virus scanners. Please make sure that you will carry out the guide in exact order.
Remove Search.searchbenny.com from Safari browser
1. Open Safari browser.
2. Go to Safari menu.
3. Choose "Preferences".
4. This will open the Safari settings dialog box.
5. Please select "Extensions" tab to see list of installed extensions.
6. Select Search.searchbenny.com from the list. If not found, it may be hiding under a different name. Look for unknown or suspicious item.
7. Turn off the extension by removing the Check Mark on the box beside "Enable Search.searchbenny.com extension". You can also Uninstall the extension if you need to permanently remove it from the computer.
8. Please close Safari browser at the moment and proceed to the next procedure.
Manually delete all files dropped by the adware
1. Navigate the Apple Menu bar and click on "Go". Then, select "Go to Folder".
2. Copy and paste, or type the following line in the field and press Enter on your keyboard:
3. LaunchAgents folder should open at this point. Look for items with the following file name:
- .com. Search.searchbenny.com.agent.plist
4. Move each file to the Trash. This action may require administrator privilege. If you are not logged in as administrator, you need to provide required password.
5. Go to a different folder again using procedure from Step 1 and copy and paste or type the following line:
6. Do the same process as in Step 3 and move each file to the Trash.
7. Next, we need to look at Application Support folder. Using the same method as above. Go to this location:
8. Find the same files as in Step 3 and drag them to the Trash.
9. Go back to Apple Menu and then select Applications from the drop-down list.
10. Delete the following folders just in case they do exist.
Note: Malware may use alternative names instead of Search.searchbenny.com to mislead security programs as well as users. If in case the above list is not present, please look for unfamiliar or suspicious items containing the same extension as update.plist, ltvbit.plist, and download.plist.
Scan with MBAM to easily get rid of Search.searchbenny.com
1. Download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware for Mac from the link below.
2. Drag the downloaded file MBAM-Mac-[version].dmg to Applications folder.
3. Under Applications folder, right-click on Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and select "Open" from the given choices.
4. After opening the tool, click on the "Scan" button to start checking the computer for presence of Search.searchbenny.com and other malware.
5. When scanning is done, the tool will display all identified threats. Be sure to select malicious items.
6. Click on "Remove Selected Items" to delete the threats.
We hope that the procedures and removal tool on this page was able to help you in removing Search.searchbenny.com. Your computer should now be malware free.