|Brief Description:||Adware are unwanted programs that can pose serious threats on the computer.|
Search.lexside.com is a suspicious web site that replaces the home page, new tab page, and default search engine. It may appear to be legitimate and secure but in reality, it merely affects the computer user’s browsing activity. Rather than using the preferred search engine, this adware changes it to Search.lexside.com without warning.
Computer users may start losing control to its browser and computer as soon as Search.lexside.com has been loaded. It gives complex and quite impossible for the user to have a smooth and safe surfing online. Such behavior may simply shows that Search.lexside.com is a risky program, very similar to Search.jimbrie.com and Search.gwenrose.com.
Apart from changing the browser settings, Search.lexside.com does manage to extend its functions. It monitors the surfing habit of the users and collects search terms based from their search queries. More so, it gathers all sensitive data which include personal and bank or credit account details.
For most victims of Search.lexside.com, they even called it virus. Yet, security experts labeled it as a type of adware which having browser hijacking functionality. This may not be having the exact aspect to be called it virus, still, its presence may keep your computer unsafe.
Schemers often include Search.lexside.com along with free download. Users are usually having no idea that aside from installing their requested program there is an added program installed too. Bundling method is the typical technique used by attacker these days to speed up the adware distribution.
Don’t let Search.lexside.com further ruin your computer system. Do remove it right after you detect it as much as possible. We have removal steps available on this page that will help you get rid of Search.lexside.com.
Procedures to Remove Search.lexside.com
Removal steps on this page will help you get rid of the threat effectively using tools and virus scanners. Please make sure that you will carry out the guide in exact order.
Remove Search.lexside.com from Safari browser
1. Open Safari browser.
2. Go to Safari menu.
3. Choose "Preferences".
4. This will open the Safari settings dialog box.
5. Please select "Extensions" tab to see list of installed extensions.
6. Select Search.lexside.com from the list. If not found, it may be hiding under a different name. Look for unknown or suspicious item.
7. Turn off the extension by removing the Check Mark on the box beside "Enable Search.lexside.com extension". You can also Uninstall the extension if you need to permanently remove it from the computer.
8. Please close Safari browser at the moment and proceed to the next procedure.
Manually delete all files dropped by the adware
1. Navigate the Apple Menu bar and click on "Go". Then, select "Go to Folder".
2. Copy and paste, or type the following line in the field and press Enter on your keyboard:
3. LaunchAgents folder should open at this point. Look for items with the following file name:
- .com. Search.lexside.com.agent.plist
4. Move each file to the Trash. This action may require administrator privilege. If you are not logged in as administrator, you need to provide required password.
5. Go to a different folder again using procedure from Step 1 and copy and paste or type the following line:
6. Do the same process as in Step 3 and move each file to the Trash.
7. Next, we need to look at Application Support folder. Using the same method as above. Go to this location:
8. Find the same files as in Step 3 and drag them to the Trash.
9. Go back to Apple Menu and then select Applications from the drop-down list.
10. Delete the following folders just in case they do exist.
Note: Malware may use alternative names instead of Search.lexside.com to mislead security programs as well as users. If in case the above list is not present, please look for unfamiliar or suspicious items containing the same extension as update.plist, ltvbit.plist, and download.plist.
Scan with MBAM to easily get rid of Search.lexside.com
1. Download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware for Mac from the link below.
2. Drag the downloaded file MBAM-Mac-[version].dmg to Applications folder.
3. Under Applications folder, right-click on Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and select "Open" from the given choices.
4. After opening the tool, click on the "Scan" button to start checking the computer for presence of Search.lexside.com and other malware.
5. When scanning is done, the tool will display all identified threats. Be sure to select malicious items.
6. Click on "Remove Selected Items" to delete the threats.
We hope that the procedures and removal tool on this page was able to help you in removing Search.lexside.com. Your computer should now be malware free.