|Brief Description:||Adware are unwanted programs that can pose serious threats on Mac computer.|
Search.inkeepr.com is a fake search engine trying to imitate genuine one and pretend to be legitimate search tool. It mainly targets Google Chrome, Safari, and Macintosh-based internet application. Far from genuine, multitude of computer issues may arise once Search.inkeepr.com has been added on the browser. This vicious web site tends to replace your new tab page, home page, and default search engine.
This program cannot be marked as virus as a whole. Yet, it has set of activities that can be measured harmful. Search.inkeepr.com is designed strictly by cyber crooks for financial gain. For the sake of gaining more revenue, they even use illegal access so as to load itself into Mac OS X system. This malware may keep releasing massive amount of online ads and may keep your browser redirect to unknown web sites.
Free software is the commonly way used to get Search.inkeepr.com installed on the computer without being notice by users. Search.inkeepr.com can easily be obtained online as it is often bundled with such type of program. Once loaded, internet users may surf the web with too much trouble. More so, this adware may also threaten the computer security and user’s privacy.
Search.inkeepr.com does monitor your web browsing session. All vital details will be collected. These data is normally sent to third party for advertising purposes. In some cases, crooks may even use it for other nasty intention. Mind you that you cannot keep the computer secured if adware like Search.inkeepr.com is present on the system.
You may expect problem counts to increase if you did not take the action needed. Hackers can further exploit your computer for malicious purposes as long as Search.inkeepr.com is running. To stop all unwanted ads and redirects, you may use the removal guide on this page.
Procedures to Remove Search.inkeepr.com
Removal steps on this page will help you get rid of the threat effectively using tools and virus scanners. Please make sure that you will carry out the guide in exact order.
Remove Search.inkeepr.com from Safari browser
1. Open Safari browser.
2. Go to Safari menu.
3. Choose "Preferences".
4. This will open the Safari settings dialog box.
5. Please select "Extensions" tab to see list of installed extensions.
6. Select Search.inkeepr.com from the list. If not found, it may be hiding under a different name. Look for unknown or suspicious item.
7. Turn off the extension by removing the Check Mark on the box beside "Enable Search.inkeepr.com extension". You can also Uninstall the extension if you need to permanently remove it from the computer.
8. Please close Safari browser at the moment and proceed to the next procedure.
Manually delete all files dropped by the adware
1. Navigate the Apple Menu bar and click on "Go". Then, select "Go to Folder".
2. Copy and paste, or type the following line in the field and press Enter on your keyboard:
3. LaunchAgents folder should open at this point. Look for items with the following file name:
- .com. Search.inkeepr.com.agent.plist
4. Move each file to the Trash. This action may require administrator privilege. If you are not logged in as administrator, you need to provide required password.
5. Go to a different folder again using procedure from Step 1 and copy and paste or type the following line:
6. Do the same process as in Step 3 and move each file to the Trash.
7. Next, we need to look at Application Support folder. Using the same method as above. Go to this location:
8. Find the same files as in Step 3 and drag them to the Trash.
9. Go back to Apple Menu and then select Applications from the drop-down list.
10. Delete the following folders just in case they do exist.
Note: Malware may use alternative names instead of Search.inkeepr.com to mislead security programs as well as users. If in case the above list is not present, please look for unfamiliar or suspicious items containing the same extension as update.plist, ltvbit.plist, and download.plist.
Scan with MBAM to easily get rid of Search.inkeepr.com
1. Download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware for Mac from the link below.
2. Drag the downloaded file MBAM-Mac-[version].dmg to Applications folder.
3. Under Applications folder, right-click on Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and select "Open" from the given choices.
4. After opening the tool, click on the "Scan" button to start checking the computer for presence of Search.inkeepr.com and other malware.
5. When scanning is done, the tool will display all identified threats. Be sure to select malicious items.
6. Click on "Remove Selected Items" to delete the threats.
We hope that the procedures and removal tool on this page was able to help you in removing Search.inkeepr.com. Your computer should now be malware free.