|Brief Description:||Adware are unwanted programs that can pose serious threats on Mac computer.|
Search.wharkike.com is a vicious domain which impact is clearly visible within your Internet browser. This can change your browser settings in unlikely manner. In simple terms, this malware do performs and completed tasks even without PC user’s consent. In fact, this is able enough to hit Safari, Chrome, and Firefox in a most silent way possible.
Search.wharkike.com has nothing to do with enhancing your online experience. Its real concern is how to gain more online profit. Thus, you may find at times that search results by Search.wharkike.com have no any relation to your search queries. In most cases, your search often leads to sponsored links and unknown web sites. In this way, crooks will be able to promote their products and be able to meet their ultimate goal.
By assigning Search.wharkike.com as your default home page and search provider, it let you encounter unwanted browser redirect. Intrusive ads were also visible on each and every web page you are in. This can further mess up your online surfing, as this malware can ruin the overall performance of your Mac OS X.
As regard to your system’s functions and stability, Search.wharkike.com hijacker is a threat. Cyber crooks can further exploit your machine. This can even drives your privacy at risk. Search.wharkike.com plays a role of tracking tool. All data relating to your online browsing were gathered. This allows crooks to steal all details without any hassles.
In order to bring back your PC’s better performance, all you need is to remove Search.wharkike.com. Getting rid of this threat beyond doubt will make your online browsing at ease. And most of all, it would make your computer free from risk.
Procedures to Remove Search.wharkike.com
Removal steps on this page will help you get rid of the threat effectively using tools and virus scanners. Please make sure that you will carry out the guide in exact order.
Remove Search.wharkike.com from Safari browser
1. Open Safari browser.
2. Go to Safari menu.
3. Choose "Preferences".
4. This will open the Safari settings dialog box.
5. Please select "Extensions" tab to see list of installed extensions.
6. Select Search.wharkike.com from the list. If not found, it may be hiding under a different name. Look for unknown or suspicious item.
7. Turn off the extension by removing the Check Mark on the box beside "Enable Search.wharkike.com extension". You can also Uninstall the extension if you need to permanently remove it from the computer.
8. Please close Safari browser at the moment and proceed to the next procedure.
Manually delete all files dropped by the adware
1. Navigate the Apple Menu bar and click on "Go". Then, select "Go to Folder".
2. Copy and paste, or type the following line in the field and press Enter on your keyboard:
3. LaunchAgents folder should open at this point. Look for items with the following file name:
- .com. Search.wharkike.com.agent.plist
4. Move each file to the Trash. This action may require administrator privilege. If you are not logged in as administrator, you need to provide required password.
5. Go to a different folder again using procedure from Step 1 and copy and paste or type the following line:
6. Do the same process as in Step 3 and move each file to the Trash.
7. Next, we need to look at Application Support folder. Using the same method as above. Go to this location:
8. Find the same files as in Step 3 and drag them to the Trash.
9. Go back to Apple Menu and then select Applications from the drop-down list.
10. Delete the following folders just in case they do exist.
Note: Malware may use alternative names instead of Search.wharkike.com to mislead security programs as well as users. If in case the above list is not present, please look for unfamiliar or suspicious items containing the same extension as update.plist, ltvbit.plist, and download.plist.
Scan with MBAM to easily get rid of Search.wharkike.com
1. Download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware for Mac from the link below.
2. Drag the downloaded file MBAM-Mac-[version].dmg to Applications folder.
3. Under Applications folder, right-click on Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and select "Open" from the given choices.
4. After opening the tool, click on the "Scan" button to start checking the computer for presence of Search.wharkike.com and other malware.
5. When scanning is done, the tool will display all identified threats. Be sure to select malicious items.
6. Click on "Remove Selected Items" to delete the threats.
We hope that the procedures and removal tool on this page was able to help you in removing Search.wharkike.com. Your computer should now be malware free.