|Brief Description:||Adware are unwanted programs that can pose serious threats on the computer.|
Search.kuklorest.com browser hijacker is very alarming because it can do more harm than good. It causes changes on the web browser’s home page, modifies default search engine, and redirects searches to other location, which can be dubious pages or malware infested web site.
Each time you open the browser, you will have Search.kuklorest.com on start-up page. As reported, it was designed to collect data and confidential information without consent of user. Gathered data are important in its online marketing scheme to broaden their strategies. Much worse, it was observed that some adware authors are selling stolen data to online fraudster.
Makers of Search.kuklorest.com can bear harm on your system for the sake of earning money at the expense of your online privacy. Moreover, links it may produce can lead to adware or malware infection. Search result links from Search.kuklorest.com can point you to malicious site where dangerous codes and scripts are stored. Other threats that have the same scheme are its other variants called Search.leperdvil.com and Search.lexside.com.
Being a computer threat and having the risk of an adware is enough reason for every Mac OS X users to avoid Search.kuklorest.com. It is important to safeguard your computer with effective anti-malware program. This will be your main defense to any kind of computer threats. When using the Internet, you must apply full caution and avoid malicious files, suspicious links, and unfamiliar email attachment.
Procedures to Remove Search.kuklorest.com
Removal steps on this page will help you get rid of the threat effectively using tools and virus scanners. Please make sure that you will carry out the guide in exact order.
Remove Search.kuklorest.com from Safari browser
1. Open Safari browser.
2. Go to Safari menu.
3. Choose "Preferences".
4. This will open the Safari settings dialog box.
5. Please select "Extensions" tab to see list of installed extensions.
6. Select Search.kuklorest.com from the list. If not found, it may be hiding under a different name. Look for unknown or suspicious item.
7. Turn off the extension by removing the Check Mark on the box beside "Enable Search.kuklorest.com extension". You can also Uninstall the extension if you need to permanently remove it from the computer.
8. Please close Safari browser at the moment and proceed to the next procedure.
Manually delete all files dropped by the adware
1. Navigate the Apple Menu bar and click on "Go". Then, select "Go to Folder".
2. Copy and paste, or type the following line in the field and press Enter on your keyboard:
3. LaunchAgents folder should open at this point. Look for items with the following file name:
- .com. Search.kuklorest.com.agent.plist
4. Move each file to the Trash. This action may require administrator privilege. If you are not logged in as administrator, you need to provide required password.
5. Go to a different folder again using procedure from Step 1 and copy and paste or type the following line:
6. Do the same process as in Step 3 and move each file to the Trash.
7. Next, we need to look at Application Support folder. Using the same method as above. Go to this location:
8. Find the same files as in Step 3 and drag them to the Trash.
9. Go back to Apple Menu and then select Applications from the drop-down list.
10. Delete the following folders just in case they do exist.
Note: Malware may use alternative names instead of Search.kuklorest.com to mislead security programs as well as users. If in case the above list is not present, please look for unfamiliar or suspicious items containing the same extension as update.plist, ltvbit.plist, and download.plist.
Scan with MBAM to easily get rid of Search.kuklorest.com
1. Download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware for Mac from the link below.
2. Drag the downloaded file MBAM-Mac-[version].dmg to Applications folder.
3. Under Applications folder, right-click on Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and select "Open" from the given choices.
4. After opening the tool, click on the "Scan" button to start checking the computer for presence of Search.kuklorest.com and other malware.
5. When scanning is done, the tool will display all identified threats. Be sure to select malicious items.
6. Click on "Remove Selected Items" to delete the threats.
We hope that the procedures and removal tool on this page was able to help you in removing Search.kuklorest.com. Your computer should now be malware free.