|Brief Description:||Adware are unwanted programs that can pose serious threats on the computer.|
Having trouble surfing the web? Annoy that all your searches keep redirect to Search.jakecares.com? This is actually a sign that your computer is hit by browser hijacker. Being bothered by frequent redirect and strange ads can be a major problem indeed. With the presence of Search.jakecares.com, users may keep dealing with such kinds of mess.
Search.jakecares.com can bring out more issues than just rerouting to doubtful web sites. This can also results to system security and privacy related risk. Being exposed to harmful web sites and sponsored links just like Search.jakecares.com presented may lead you to obtain further infections. Take note that this redirect adware do also have the control to track your browsing habit. It causes to divulge your crucial data to people with vicious intent.
Search.jakecares.com is formed to alter web browser’s settings without the need for user’s approval. It mainly change the home page and default search engine assigned by the user. Search.jakecares.com can infect even the most trusted search engine. In fact, this is compatible to Macintosh-based browsers like Google Chrome and Safari.
Most of the time, unwanted programs like Search.jakecares.com are using unfair techniques just to get installed on the target machine. It is always offered in a way Mac OS X users get confuse about its inclusion. Search.jakecares.com is often bundled to freeware and shareware in order to trick users into getting this program.
The real aim of Search.jakecares.com is to increase advertising revenue. This is precisely the reason why your browser redirects to certain web site. This browser hijacker indeed exhibits a lot of strange behavior. In order to stop it from ruining your entire system, you must remove it at once.
Procedures to Remove Search.jakecares.com
Removal steps on this page will help you get rid of the threat effectively using tools and virus scanners. Please make sure that you will carry out the guide in exact order.
Remove Search.jakecares.com from Safari browser
1. Open Safari browser.
2. Go to Safari menu.
3. Choose "Preferences".
4. This will open the Safari settings dialog box.
5. Please select "Extensions" tab to see list of installed extensions.
6. Select Search.jakecares.com from the list. If not found, it may be hiding under a different name. Look for unknown or suspicious item.
7. Turn off the extension by removing the Check Mark on the box beside "Enable Search.jakecares.com extension". You can also Uninstall the extension if you need to permanently remove it from the computer.
8. Please close Safari browser at the moment and proceed to the next procedure.
Manually delete all files dropped by the adware
1. Navigate the Apple Menu bar and click on "Go". Then, select "Go to Folder".
2. Copy and paste, or type the following line in the field and press Enter on your keyboard:
3. LaunchAgents folder should open at this point. Look for items with the following file name:
- .com. Search.jakecares.com.agent.plist
4. Move each file to the Trash. This action may require administrator privilege. If you are not logged in as administrator, you need to provide required password.
5. Go to a different folder again using procedure from Step 1 and copy and paste or type the following line:
6. Do the same process as in Step 3 and move each file to the Trash.
7. Next, we need to look at Application Support folder. Using the same method as above. Go to this location:
8. Find the same files as in Step 3 and drag them to the Trash.
9. Go back to Apple Menu and then select Applications from the drop-down list.
10. Delete the following folders just in case they do exist.
Note: Malware may use alternative names instead of Search.jakecares.com to mislead security programs as well as users. If in case the above list is not present, please look for unfamiliar or suspicious items containing the same extension as update.plist, ltvbit.plist, and download.plist.
Scan with MBAM to easily get rid of Search.jakecares.com
1. Download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware for Mac from the link below.
2. Drag the downloaded file MBAM-Mac-[version].dmg to Applications folder.
3. Under Applications folder, right-click on Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and select "Open" from the given choices.
4. After opening the tool, click on the "Scan" button to start checking the computer for presence of Search.jakecares.com and other malware.
5. When scanning is done, the tool will display all identified threats. Be sure to select malicious items.
6. Click on "Remove Selected Items" to delete the threats.
We hope that the procedures and removal tool on this page was able to help you in removing Search.jakecares.com. Your computer should now be malware free.