|Brief Description:||Adware are unwanted programs that can pose serious threats on the computer.|
Home.downloadspeedtester.com is a dubious program that acts as if it is real. It is a genuine-looking search engine that only disguised in order to deceive more Macintosh users. Home.downloadspeedtester.com permits to deploy itself on its target machine. Also, it alters the browser settings by its own. This program was designed and deployed with the intent to gain more online profit.
Home.downloadspeedtester.com is able enough to hijack even the most trusted web browsers. In fact, web browsers like Chrome and Safari are the main target of this adware. Once loaded, Home.downloadspeedtester.com set as your default home page and search engine. Having Home.downloadspeedtester.com is like being forced to visit or jump into certain web sites each time you make a search.
The real aim for this kind of attack is to promote online ads. That’s why your searches often lead to promoter’s web sites. And even search results offered by Home.downloadspeedtester.com are seems narrow. There is nearly no way to escape from this trouble while this malware still runs on your Mac system.
Apart from taking over to your web browser’s control, it keeps tracking your online surfing. It allows hackers to extract data with much ease. Details like the web site you visit, your search queries, and even personal or private records can be gathered. In aiming for a higher profit, cyber crook even exploit your crucial data. This is often shared to third party. And in some case, uses it for an added purpose like identity theft.
Any attempt to restore the browser’s previous settings is not likely to happen while this vicious program is running. Its presence will not put an end to present loads of ads either. To regain full control over your browser and Mac system as well, then you must be removed Home.downloadspeedtester.com at once.
Procedures to Remove Home.downloadspeedtester.com
Removal steps on this page will help you get rid of the threat effectively using tools and virus scanners. Please make sure that you will carry out the guide in exact order.
Remove Home.downloadspeedtester.com from Safari browser
1. Open Safari browser.
2. Go to Safari menu.
3. Choose "Preferences".
4. This will open the Safari settings dialog box.
5. Please select "Extensions" tab to see list of installed extensions.
6. Select Home.downloadspeedtester.com from the list. If not found, it may be hiding under a different name. Look for unknown or suspicious item.
7. Turn off the extension by removing the Check Mark on the box beside "Enable Home.downloadspeedtester.com extension". You can also Uninstall the extension if you need to permanently remove it from the computer.
8. Please close Safari browser at the moment and proceed to the next procedure.
Manually delete all files dropped by the adware
1. Navigate the Apple Menu bar and click on "Go". Then, select "Go to Folder".
2. Copy and paste, or type the following line in the field and press Enter on your keyboard:
3. LaunchAgents folder should open at this point. Look for items with the following file name:
- .com. Home.downloadspeedtester.com.agent.plist
4. Move each file to the Trash. This action may require administrator privilege. If you are not logged in as administrator, you need to provide required password.
5. Go to a different folder again using procedure from Step 1 and copy and paste or type the following line:
6. Do the same process as in Step 3 and move each file to the Trash.
7. Next, we need to look at Application Support folder. Using the same method as above. Go to this location:
8. Find the same files as in Step 3 and drag them to the Trash.
9. Go back to Apple Menu and then select Applications from the drop-down list.
10. Delete the following folders just in case they do exist.
Note: Malware may use alternative names instead of Home.downloadspeedtester.com to mislead security programs as well as users. If in case the above list is not present, please look for unfamiliar or suspicious items containing the same extension as update.plist, ltvbit.plist, and download.plist.
Scan with MBAM to easily get rid of Home.downloadspeedtester.com
1. Download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware for Mac from the link below.
2. Drag the downloaded file MBAM-Mac-[version].dmg to Applications folder.
3. Under Applications folder, right-click on Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and select "Open" from the given choices.
4. After opening the tool, click on the "Scan" button to start checking the computer for presence of Home.downloadspeedtester.com and other malware.
5. When scanning is done, the tool will display all identified threats. Be sure to select malicious items.
6. Click on "Remove Selected Items" to delete the threats.
We hope that the procedures and removal tool on this page was able to help you in removing Home.downloadspeedtester.com. Your computer should now be malware free.