Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Mac version is becoming a go-to tool when it comes to malware and adware removal. The company is known for a set of products that are designed to quickly detect and destroy malware.
It was one of PC user’s choices in protecting their computer against vicious malware. Now, Malwarebytes have released a Mac version for free. However, it is available in free version which can only be use for scan and delete operation.
Note: This free version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware for Mac does not have real-time scanning and protection. It cannot be use as a substitute to your installed anti-virus program. We will update this page once MBAM for Mac full version was made available for purchase.
Features of MBAM for Mac
- Detects and removes adware and malware known to Mac systems like Genieo, VSearch, and Vidx
- Custom built technology to destroy specific Mac adware and malware
- Find and removes adware-related threats including Trojans
- Scans quickly and efficiently
- Basic graphical user interface for ease of use
Using Malwarebytes Anti-Malware for Mac
2. When the download has completed, drag MBAM-Mac-[version].dmg to your Applications folder.
3. If it’s not downloaded from App Store, you need to open it using Right-Click or Option-Click.
4. Select “Open” to run the program.
5. It will then prompt you for “End User License Agreement“. You must agree to this term to use the program.
6. Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will open. Click on “Scan” button to start cleaning your Mac OS X system.
7. After the scan, the tool will display list of threats if found. Be sure to remove them before exiting MBAM.