|Brief Description:||Adware are unwanted programs that can pose serious threats on Mac computer.|
Kuklorest is a bothersome program presently added in the list of Adware. This adware shows-up on ones browser as unwanted extension. Usually, it creates a cluster of ads within targeted browser like Safari and Google Chrome. Kuklorest allows ads to pop-up each time you are using the internet.
Kuklorest was designed as software-downloading application. It spreads over the web using a number of ways, but primarily through free software. Once this program is loaded, Kuklorest along with other malicious products will be installed on the computer even without proper authority from computer user.
This application is very intrusive like most adware you may know. Kuklorest hijacks the home page and reset your default search engine to Search.kuklorest.com. In addition, the adware performs browser redirects that divert your internet traffic and let you access unfamiliar websites. Most of all, it tries to earn money at your disbursement by displaying misleading advertisements mark as Ads by Kuklorest.
It is clear that Kuklorest is a persistent adware created specifically aiming to infect Mac users. Even if user has recognized the program as hazardous one, the adware persevere and cannot seem to be taken out of the computer instantly. There are hidden files by Kuklorest that may require user to thoroughly scan Mac system with qualified anti-malware tool.
To help you get rid of Kuklorest effectively, please execute instructions on this page. Even if you have managed to eliminate the program manually, it is still advisable to scan the system and find remaining objects from Kuklorest adware.
Procedures to Remove Kuklorest
Removal steps on this page will help you get rid of the threat effectively using tools and virus scanners. Please make sure that you will carry out the guide in exact order.
Remove Kuklorest from Safari browser
1. Open Safari browser.
2. Go to Safari menu.
3. Choose "Preferences".
4. This will open the Safari settings dialog box.
5. Please select "Extensions" tab to see list of installed extensions.
6. Select Kuklorest from the list. If not found, it may be hiding under a different name. Look for unknown or suspicious item.
7. Turn off the extension by removing the Check Mark on the box beside "Enable Kuklorest extension". You can also Uninstall the extension if you need to permanently remove it from the computer.
8. Please close Safari browser at the moment and proceed to the next procedure.
Manually delete all files dropped by the adware
1. Navigate the Apple Menu bar and click on "Go". Then, select "Go to Folder".
2. Copy and paste, or type the following line in the field and press Enter on your keyboard:
3. LaunchAgents folder should open at this point. Look for items with the following file name:
- .com. Kuklorest.agent.plist
4. Move each file to the Trash. This action may require administrator privilege. If you are not logged in as administrator, you need to provide required password.
5. Go to a different folder again using procedure from Step 1 and copy and paste or type the following line:
6. Do the same process as in Step 3 and move each file to the Trash.
7. Next, we need to look at Application Support folder. Using the same method as above. Go to this location:
8. Find the same files as in Step 3 and drag them to the Trash.
9. Go back to Apple Menu and then select Applications from the drop-down list.
10. Delete the following folders just in case they do exist.
Note: Malware may use alternative names instead of Kuklorest to mislead security programs as well as users. If in case the above list is not present, please look for unfamiliar or suspicious items containing the same extension as update.plist, ltvbit.plist, and download.plist.
Scan with MBAM to easily get rid of Kuklorest
1. Download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware for Mac from the link below.
2. Drag the downloaded file MBAM-Mac-[version].dmg to Applications folder.
3. Under Applications folder, right-click on Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and select "Open" from the given choices.
4. After opening the tool, click on the "Scan" button to start checking the computer for presence of Kuklorest and other malware.
5. When scanning is done, the tool will display all identified threats. Be sure to select malicious items.
6. Click on "Remove Selected Items" to delete the threats.
We hope that the procedures and removal tool on this page was able to help you in removing Kuklorest. Your computer should now be malware free.