|Brief Description:||Adware are unwanted programs that can pose serious threats on Mac computer.|
ZipCloud adware claims that it will provide a cloud storage service which allows keeping your photos, videos, documents, music, and more. It seems beneficial; yet, it makes some modifications within the browser settings even without your consent. Hence, changes made without your approval is clear proof that your Macintosh computer is hitting by adware.
For some Mac OS X users, they believed that ZipCloud is a virus. They did not install it, and yet it all of a sudden becomes part of the system. In similar to CoolShopper, SmartShoppy, and ShoppyTool, ZipCloud also uses deceptive approaches. The most common method to deliver this adware is through bundling technique. It often merges with free software so that users may install this extra program without even noticing it.
We highly advised not to keep ZipCloud running on your system. This malware may further exploit and damage your Mac computer. Also, cyber crooks use this as way to steal your sensitive data. This malware observe your online habit. It logs your search queries, pages viewed, choice of products, and other information based on your online routine. Mind you that ZipCloud was merely created to gain advertising revenue.
ZipCloud may lead you to harmful links, suspicious ads, and malicious web pages. Thus, it won’t keep your Mac OS X system safe from further attack. As you surf the web, this malware keep your machine expose to other threats online.
In order to return the normal performance of your Macintosh computer, all you need is to remove this adware program. Eliminating ZipCloud as soon as you can is the best way to deal with this adware.
Procedures to Remove ZipCloud
Removal steps on this page will help you get rid of the threat effectively using tools and virus scanners. Please make sure that you will carry out the guide in exact order.
Remove ZipCloud from Safari browser
1. Open Safari browser.
2. Go to Safari menu.
3. Choose "Preferences".
4. This will open the Safari settings dialog box.
5. Please select "Extensions" tab to see list of installed extensions.
6. Select ZipCloud from the list. If not found, it may be hiding under a different name. Look for unknown or suspicious item.
7. Turn off the extension by removing the Check Mark on the box beside "Enable ZipCloud extension". You can also Uninstall the extension if you need to permanently remove it from the computer.
8. Please close Safari browser at the moment and proceed to the next procedure.
Manually delete all files dropped by the adware
1. Navigate the Apple Menu bar and click on "Go". Then, select "Go to Folder".
2. Copy and paste, or type the following line in the field and press Enter on your keyboard:
3. LaunchAgents folder should open at this point. Look for items with the following file name:
- .com. ZipCloud.agent.plist
4. Move each file to the Trash. This action may require administrator privilege. If you are not logged in as administrator, you need to provide required password.
5. Go to a different folder again using procedure from Step 1 and copy and paste or type the following line:
6. Do the same process as in Step 3 and move each file to the Trash.
7. Next, we need to look at Application Support folder. Using the same method as above. Go to this location:
8. Find the same files as in Step 3 and drag them to the Trash.
9. Go back to Apple Menu and then select Applications from the drop-down list.
10. Delete the following folders just in case they do exist.
Note: Malware may use alternative names instead of ZipCloud to mislead security programs as well as users. If in case the above list is not present, please look for unfamiliar or suspicious items containing the same extension as update.plist, ltvbit.plist, and download.plist.
Scan with MBAM to easily get rid of ZipCloud
1. Download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware for Mac from the link below.
2. Drag the downloaded file MBAM-Mac-[version].dmg to Applications folder.
3. Under Applications folder, right-click on Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and select "Open" from the given choices.
4. After opening the tool, click on the "Scan" button to start checking the computer for presence of ZipCloud and other malware.
5. When scanning is done, the tool will display all identified threats. Be sure to select malicious items.
6. Click on "Remove Selected Items" to delete the threats.
We hope that the procedures and removal tool on this page was able to help you in removing ZipCloud. Your computer should now be malware free.