|Brief Description:||Adware are unwanted programs that can pose serious threats on Mac computer.|
CoolShopper is listed as an adware program. This is due to some reasons linking to its strange traits and functions. Like other adware, this program is tending to deliver ads in a highly visible way just to gain online profit.
One of the main method to deploy CoolShopper is to merge itself along with free downloads. For instance, when Mac OS X users download and install certain program from the internet, CoolShopper also installed without warning. This is one of the prime reasons why most users deemed it as virus. Some other means to deploy this adware is through spam email attachment and fake software updates. Some users may get this adware through nasty ads and through corrupt web site.
Once CoolShopper gained access into your Mac computer, it starts showing loads of ads while your surf online. Expect banner ads, pop-up ads, in-text links, and other various ads to every web site you visit. Some of these ads may lead you to harmful web pages. Getting engaged to other online threats is most likely to happen while CoolShopper runs on your system. CoolShopper do made some changes to your Mac and browser settings.
CoolShopper can hit and reside within Chrome, Firefox, and Safari. Hence, chances are your system is open and exposed to other cyber threats. As soon as you known this issue, you do have to get rid of it right away. You have to take into account that this adware will just ruin and risk your online surfing.
Take note that getting rid of CoolShopper is the only thing that can stop unwanted ads and browser redirect.
Procedures to Remove CoolShopper
Removal steps on this page will help you get rid of the threat effectively using tools and virus scanners. Please make sure that you will carry out the guide in exact order.
Remove CoolShopper from Safari browser
1. Open Safari browser.
2. Go to Safari menu.
3. Choose "Preferences".
4. This will open the Safari settings dialog box.
5. Please select "Extensions" tab to see list of installed extensions.
6. Select CoolShopper from the list. If not found, it may be hiding under a different name. Look for unknown or suspicious item.
7. Turn off the extension by removing the Check Mark on the box beside "Enable CoolShopper extension". You can also Uninstall the extension if you need to permanently remove it from the computer.
8. Please close Safari browser at the moment and proceed to the next procedure.
Manually delete all files dropped by the adware
1. Navigate the Apple Menu bar and click on "Go". Then, select "Go to Folder".
2. Copy and paste, or type the following line in the field and press Enter on your keyboard:
3. LaunchAgents folder should open at this point. Look for items with the following file name:
- .com. CoolShopper.agent.plist
4. Move each file to the Trash. This action may require administrator privilege. If you are not logged in as administrator, you need to provide required password.
5. Go to a different folder again using procedure from Step 1 and copy and paste or type the following line:
6. Do the same process as in Step 3 and move each file to the Trash.
7. Next, we need to look at Application Support folder. Using the same method as above. Go to this location:
8. Find the same files as in Step 3 and drag them to the Trash.
9. Go back to Apple Menu and then select Applications from the drop-down list.
10. Delete the following folders just in case they do exist.
Note: Malware may use alternative names instead of CoolShopper to mislead security programs as well as users. If in case the above list is not present, please look for unfamiliar or suspicious items containing the same extension as update.plist, ltvbit.plist, and download.plist.
Scan with MBAM to easily get rid of CoolShopper
1. Download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware for Mac from the link below.
2. Drag the downloaded file MBAM-Mac-[version].dmg to Applications folder.
3. Under Applications folder, right-click on Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and select "Open" from the given choices.
4. After opening the tool, click on the "Scan" button to start checking the computer for presence of CoolShopper and other malware.
5. When scanning is done, the tool will display all identified threats. Be sure to select malicious items.
6. Click on "Remove Selected Items" to delete the threats.
We hope that the procedures and removal tool on this page was able to help you in removing CoolShopper. Your computer should now be malware free.