Trojan Horse Generic 27.PN is a broad detection for a kind of malware that has unusual characteristics. This Trojan usually arrives as part of rootkit Trojan. Both will enter the PC by abusing weak point on your computer’s security. On this situation, software updates plays a big role in averting Trojan Horse Generic 27.PN. Aside from that, this Trojan also spreads via malicious web sites. Without the knowledge of the web site operator, Trojan Horse Generic 27.PN injects a code onto pages that instantly download a copy of Trojan on visitor’s computer.
When the threat acquires a place inside the computer, it instantly attacks Windows. The rootkit Trojan then appends a code to vital processes so that Trojan Horse Generic 27.PN runs without being identified by your antivirus program. Presence of rootkit not only weakens the security setup on the PC, it can also add other risks and implement harmful tasks. Moreover, rookit is one deadly threat that most victims found difficulty in removing.
Trojan’s offensive mechanism is somehow damaging. It can leave permanent damage to the affected file. Sometimes, reinstalling Windows operating system is the only key for the computer to work normally. Although, if computer is slightly infected, simple scan using anti-rootkit program can resolve the issue.
For a quick Trojan Horse Generic 27.PN removal, you can follow the instructions on this page. We only require you to download a couple of free tools that are essential in removing rootkit from the infected PC. Be sure to run a complete scan of these tools to ensure that all malicious files will be deleted from the computer.
What are the Symptoms of Win64/Patched.B.Gen Infection?
There will be no typical symptoms for the Trojan Horse Generic 27.PN infection except for frequent appearance of alert from your antivirus program. See screenshot below for reference.
Follow these Procedures to Remove Trojan Horse Generic 27.PN
Procedure 1: Start Computer in Safe Mode
1. Restart your computer in Safe Mode with Networking
- To run Windows system in Safe Mode, please press F8 after turning ON the computer. Hit the keyboard button before the appearance of Windows logo. If successful, you will see a screen of Windows Advanced Options Menu. See image below for your reference. This area will allow you to choose preferences on how you want to boot the system.
- From the selections, choose Safe Mode with Networking. Please use keyboard's arrow up/down to navigate between selections and press Enter on the keyboard to proceed. Keep in mind that booting Windows in Safe Mode only loads minimum driver files. Thus, most of the devices will not be available on this mode. Seeing pixilated images on the screen is normal since your current resolution is set to low.
Procedure 2: Scan and remove Trojan Horse Generic 27.PN files with MalwareBytes Anti-Malware
To remove Trojan Horse Generic 27.PN, download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware by clicking on the button below. This tool is effective in getting rid of Trojans, viruses and malware.
1. After downloading, please install the program using the default settings.
2. At the end of the installation, please make sure that it will download necessary updates.
3. Once update has completed. The tool will launch.
4. Thoroughly scan the computer and remove all threats detected by this anti-malware program.
Procedure 3: Run Symantec's ZeroAccess Fix Tool to remove Trojan Horse Generic 27.PN components.
This tool from Symantec can remove infections of Trojan Horse Generic 27.PN as well as other variants of the same nature.
1. Click on the button below to download ZeroAccess Fix Tool. Save the file FixZeroAccess.exe to your desktop or any convenient location.
2. You need to close any running programs before running this tool.
3. Turn OFF System Restore if you are using Windows XP. Trojan Horse Generic 27.PN files may hide some of its components on system restore files.
4. Next, browse the folder where you saved the file FixZeroAccess.exe. Double-click on it to initiate the tool. To run the file in Windows Vista and Windows 7, right-click on it and choose 'Run as administrator' from the selection.
5. It will display End User License Agreement (EULA), please click on I accept to use the program.
6.Click on Proceed to begin the removal process, let the tool to run and do its course.
7. If it requires you to restart Windows, please do so. This method may remove Trojan Horse Generic 27.PN components such as files and hidden modules.
8. When Windows starts, ZeroAccess Fix Tool will provide some details of the infection.
9. If it prompts for update, you need to run LiveUpdate to make sure that it contains the most recent virus definitions.
10. Wait for the tool to complete the scan process. When done, it will issue a message and specify identified threats. These threats are removed during the scan process, so, there is no need to worry about their presence.
Procedure 4: Make sure that Trojan Horse Generic 27.PN is 100% deleted with Avast aswMBR
A Trojan often drops malware using an advance technology known as rootkit. It hides the installation of Trojan Horse Generic 27.PN from your anti-virus program and injects malicious code to running Windows processes. To complete the clean-up process, you also need to scan and remove rootkit Trojan.
1. Download aswMBR from Avast server. Save it to your computer.
2. Double-click on the file aswMBR.exe to run the program.
3. If it prompts you to download the latest Avast! virus definition, please click Yes. This is necessary to identify most recent version of the Trojan as well as hidden files of Trojan Horse Generic 27.PN.
4. Click on Scan button to start checking your computer for presence of rootkit Trojan and other viruses. It will display a message "Scan finished successfully" when done.
5. Click Fix or FixMBR to start removing infection. If aswMBR contains the latest Avast! virus definition file, it will automatically clean infected files on your PC.
Protect your PC from Trojan Horse Generic 27.PN or Similar Attack
Turn On Security Features of your Internet Browser
Internet Explorer - Activate SmartScreen Filter
Internet Explorer versions 8 and 9 has this feature called SmartScreen Filter. It helps detect phishing web sites and protect you from downloading malicious files online. You may have avoided Trojan Horse Generic 27.PN virus if this has been active on your PC.To turn on SmartScreen Filter, follow these steps:
1. Please open Internet Explorer.
2. On top menu, select Tools (IE 9). For IE 8, please look for Safety menu.
3. Select SmartScreen Filter from the drop-down list and click on Turn on SmartScreen Filter.
4. Please restart Internet Explorer.
Google Chrome's Enable Phishing and Malware Protection
With Google Chrome's Phishing and Malware Detection feature, you will have lesser risks browsing the web. It will display a warning when the site you are trying to visit is suspicious. To enable Phishing and Malware Protection, please do these steps:
1. Open Google Chrome.
2. Click on the Customize and control Google Chrome (3-Bars Icon) located on top right corner of the browser.
3. Select Settings from the drop-down list.
4. Once on the settings page, click on Show advanced settings... at the bottom of the page to see the rest of the Chrome setup.
5. Locate Privacy section and mark 'Enable phishing and malware protection'.
6. Please restart Google Chrome. New settings keep your browser safe while surfing the web.
Mozilla Firefox - Block Attack Sites and Web Forgeries
Phishing and Malware Protection is a built-in feature on Firefox version 3 or later. It warns you when a page you are trying to visit contains phishing content or an attack site designed to drop threats on the computer. To help you keep safe while browsing the Internet using Firefox, please follow this guide:
1. Open Mozilla Firefox browser.
2. On top menu, click on Tools. Then select Options from the list.
3. Select Security and put a check mark on the following items:
- Warn me when sites try to install add-ons
- Block reported attack sites
- Block reported web forgeries