Anit-Virus Scanner for Android is a fake online security tool. It attempts to lure users into executing a scan on their devices. Later on, the Trojan will request user to download a file called VirusScanner.apk. It is a fake software that will pretend as mobile antivirus program.
Authors of this Trojan prepare to spread their product on social networking sites. We’ve already seen some ‘tweets’ with enticing messages that when clicked will redirect user to the fake scanner page.
We urge users not to install unknown tool like this one on their devices unless it is proven safe and genuine. In fact, Anit-Virus Scanner is using a fake Kaspersky logo to deceive its victims.
|Title||Antivirus (Anit-Virus Scanner)|
What are the Symptoms of Anit-Virus Scanner Infection?
If Anit-Virus Scanner is present, user may notice the presence of Icon and the scanner console as shown in the image below.
If you try to install this program, it may request the following permissions from your device.
- Access your messages, read, and receive SMS
- View and configure current network communication
- Modify or delete memory card contents
- Send SMS message
- Modify system settings and avert the sleep mode function
Once the Trojan is installed and running, it will send SMS to premium-rate numbers and collect an income for its developer. The Trojan may also contact a remote computer where it can download more code that is malicious.
Follow these Procedures to Remove Anit-Virus Scanner
Procedure 1: Manual Removal
If you do not have an antivirus program installed, you may try this procedure to remove the threat manually.
1. Open the Android Menu on your device.
2. Locate Settings icon and select Applications.
3. Click Manage button or open Properties pertaining to the Apps.
4. Look for the threat/apps you wanted to remove and click the Uninstall button.
5. Please restart the device.
Procedure 2: Scan with Antivirus Program
To automatically remove Anit-Virus Scanner from an infected unit, you will need antivirus software. If anti-virus program is not installed, please choose your preferred security software from the Android Apps and perform these procedures.
1. Click on the Install button of your selected security and antivirus Apps.
2. If you are not currently log-on, please login with your account.
3. Allow the program to install or you can also download the file and install it later.
4. Once installed, open the software and agree to its License Agreement and Launch the program.
5. Run a full scan on your device and remove all identified threats.
6. Please restart the device after the scan.