Batterydoctor is a Trojan created specifically for Android devices. Android.Batterydoctor shows exaggerated report that the unit is running out of battery and it offers you to download a program that it said can help recharge the battery. The truth is, Android.Batterydoctor is preparing your device to send out sensitive information to an attacker.
The Trojan may arrive in a disguise of a useful tool. Similar with other Android Apps, Batterydoctor is made available for public downloads on several web sites and file-sharing networks.
|Title||Battery Doctor Version 2.3|
What are the Symptoms of Android.Batterydoctor Infection?
If Android.Batterydoctor is present, user may notice the presence of Icon as shown in the image below.
The program will display false information about battery level of the device. It will advise user to recharge the phone in a diverse manner. It wants you to download a tool from an unknown server.
If you try to install this program, it may request permissions to perform its task.
- Collect information from an infected device regarding running programs.
- Locate and connect to a Bluetooth devices.
- Read and write data to the system and configure settings.
- Write a data to memory.
- Activate vibrate function of the device.
When running on the system, Android.Batterydoctor will perform its primary function. It will steal information such as Phonebook, email address, and IMEI number and sends them to a predefined location.
Follow these Procedures to Remove Android.Batterydoctor
Procedure 1: Manual Removal
If you do not have an antivirus program installed, you may try this procedure to remove the threat manually.
1. Open the Android Menu on your device.
2. Locate Settings icon and select Applications.
3. Click Manage button or open Properties pertaining to the Apps.
4. Look for the threat/apps you wanted to remove and click the Uninstall button.
5. Please restart the device.
Procedure 2: Scan with Antivirus Program
To automatically remove Android.Batterydoctor from an infected unit, you will need antivirus software. If anti-virus program is not installed, please choose your preferred security software from the Android Apps and perform these procedures.
1. Click on the Install button of your selected security and antivirus Apps.
2. If you are not currently log-on, please login with your account.
3. Allow the program to install or you can also download the file and install it later.
4. Once installed, open the software and agree to its License Agreement and Launch the program.
5. Run a full scan on your device and remove all identified threats.
6. Please restart the device after the scan.