Koox System Optimizer
Koox System Optimizer is a potentially unwanted program. It is promoted through separate programs like tools, download manager, multi-media software, and so on. It often comes bundled with these programs, so you will be installing Koox System Optimizer together with the download one.
When this software is installed on the computer, you will notice various changes made on the computer. Koox System Optimizer will run a scan on each Windows log-on. It has features like registry fixer, disk cleaner, and privacy sweeper. So far, there is no valid testimonial about the usefulness of this unknown software. All we can see while browsing several forums are user’s complaints about Koox System Optimizer. They state that it has uses invasive techniques and the installation was without user’s consent. Moreover, they are complaining of issues that the program chews huge part of CPU resources causing the computer to slow down.
Internet browsing is also affected by the presence of Koox System Optimizer. It has a module that will scan Internet traffic, thus connection to the requested web page causes some delays. In some instances, there are reports that this program is blocking user’s access especially if they attempt to visit security web sites to download removal tools to get this crap out of their PC.
To remove Koox System Optimizer from the computer, please follow the instructions as suggested on this page. Never skip a single process to ensure complete removal of the program together with all components it has dropped into the system.
Follow these Procedures to Remove Koox System Optimizer
Procedure 1: Start Windows in Safe Mode with Networking
1. Restart your computer in Safe Mode with Networking
- Turn on the computer and immediately press F8 on the keyboard to enter Windows Advanced Options screen. Make sure to hit the F8 button before Windows logo appears on the screen. Failure to do this will boot Windows normally. If that happens, please repeat the process until you successfully boot into Windows Advanced Options. Please see image below for reference.
- From the selections, choose Safe Mode with Networking. Please use keyboard's arrow up/down to navigate between selections and press Enter to proceed.Safe mode loads minimal driver and processes, thus, there is no chance that Koox System Optimizer will run during this mode.
Procedure 2: Scan and remove Koox System Optimizer files with MalwareBytes Anti-Malware
To remove Koox System Optimizer, download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware by clicking on the button below. This tool is effective in getting rid of Trojans, viruses and malware.
1. After downloading, please install the program using the default settings.
2. At the end of the installation, please make sure that it will download necessary updates.
3. Once update has completed. The tool will launch.
4. Thoroughly scan the computer and remove all threats detected by this anti-malware program.
Procedure 3: Run TrendMicro's Anti-Threat Toolkit (ATTK) to check and delete any remnants of Koox System Optimizer.
As an added help to remove Koox System Optimizer, you can scan the computer with Anti-Threat Toolkit. This software is provided and distributed by TrendMicro. Follow this procedure to run a scan with this tool.
1. Download the package by clicking on the button below. This will launch a new browser window that contains further details about the tool.
2. Save the file to a location on your hard drive.
3. Browse for the location of the file and double-click to run. If you are using Windows Vista or Windows 7, right-click on extracted file attk_far_gui.exe and click on Run as Administrator.
4. When program launch, it will run a command prompt to initialize, prepare components, and update the program.
5. Next it will open the graphical user interface (GUI) of Anti-Threat Toolkit.
6. Click on Scan Now. This operation will scan all Koox System Optimizer files and processes in your computer and display a list of result for possible Fake Antivirus program and malware that needs to be removed.
7. Tick all items that are detected by the program, and then click Clean. The tool will start removing Koox System Optimizer components from the computer.
8. If it asked you to restart Windows, please do so.
Protect your PC from Koox System Optimizer or Similar Attack
Turn On Safe Browsing Features
Internet Explorer - Activate SmartScreen Filter
Internet Explorer versions 8 and 9 has this feature called SmartScreen Filter. It helps detect phishing web sites and protect you from downloading malicious files online. To turn on SmartScreen Filter, follow these steps:
1. Please open Internet Explorer.
2. On top menu, select Tools (IE 9). For IE 8, please look for Safety menu.
3. Select SmartScreen Filter from the drop-down list and click on Turn on SmartScreen Filter.
4. Please restart Internet Explorer.
Google Chrome's Enable Phishing and Malware Protection
With Google Chrome's Phishing and Malware Detection feature, you will have lesser risks browsing the web. It will display a warning when the site you are trying to visit is suspicious. To enable Phishing and Malware Protection, please do these steps:
1. Open Google Chrome.
2. Click on the Customize and control Google Chrome (3-Bars Icon) located on top right corner of the browser.
3. Select Settings from the drop-down list.
4. Once on the settings page, click on Show advanced settings... at the bottom of the page to see the rest of the Chrome setup.
5. Locate Privacy section and mark 'Enable phishing and malware protection'.
6. Please restart Google Chrome. New settings keep your browser safe while surfing the web.
Mozilla Firefox - Block Attack Sites and Web Forgeries
Phishing and Malware Protection is a built-in feature on Firefox version 3 or later. It warns you when a page you are trying to visit contains phishing content or an attack site designed to drop threats on the computer. To help you keep safe while browsing the Internet using Firefox, please follow this guide:
1. Open Mozilla Firefox browser.
2. On top menu, click on Tools. Then select Options from the list.
3. Select Security and put a check mark on the following items:
- Warn me when sites try to install add-ons
- Block reported attack sites
- Block reported web forgeries