System Security 2011
System Security 2011 is a program that every computer users must beware. This is not ordinary software neither a usual security application. System Security 2011 is closely connected with a Trojan that it uses to gain an access on target computer. There are no indications that the Trojan is executing changes on the system, not even your antivirus may detect its activities.
If System Security 2011 is successfully loaded inside your PC, it starts producing a bunch of security alerts situating danger on the system. This fake antivirus also simulates a virus scan that identifies a number of Trojans and viruses. Employing such fake alerts and manufactured scan results are scare devices to trick users in order to induce them into acquiring the paid version of System Security 2011.
Supplementary impairment it can cause to infected computer are the following:
- The malware can disable Windows system tools like task manager and registry editor. Purpose of this execution is to prevent manual removal and to avoid ending process that links to System Security 2011.
- It attempts to block access to executable files. Running installed program produces warning alerts announcing that the file is infected. The alert will arise from system tray pretending to be a legitimate Windows security pop-up.
- System Security 2011 will come up with a warning about successive intrusion attempts. This alarm masks as Windows Firewall Alert to mislead its prey.
As you may observe, System Security 2011 makes an effort to copy what legitimate antivirus program carried out during scan and detect process. However, you may spot rogue ones when concerns about security troubles turns out to be an annoyance.
After the installation, System Security 2011 runs a virus scan on itself. Next, it provides a series of detection and report a number of threats needed to eliminate from the system. It prompts to activate the program by purchasing the registration key from their web site.
The malware mimics Windows start-up process indicating system failure. It shows this message:
System Security 2011 RESTORES Windows after system failure caused my spyware and malware activity.
ACTIVATE System Security 2011 to resume the protection of your computer.
Some more fake warnings and alerts produced by System Security to mislead computer users.
Unwanted software (Malware) or tracking cookies have been found during last scan. It is highly recommended to remove it from your computer.
Keylogger Zeus was detected and put in quarantine.
Keylogger Zeus is a very dangerous software used by criminals to steal personal data such as credit card information, access to banking accounts, passwords to social networks and e-mails.
Windows Security Alert
To help protect your computer, Windows Firewall has blocked some features of this program.
Do you want to keep blocking this program?
Name: Zeus Trojan
Warning! infection found
Unauthorized sending of E-MAIL with subject “Find girl”
to email address
Serious security vulnerabilities were detected on this computer. Your privacy and personal data may be unsafe. Do you want to protect your PC?
Other Detection Name for System Security 2011
The malware will load using the process:
Malicious files created by System Security 2011 are the following:
%AppData%\(random)\System Security 2011.ico
%StartMenu%\Programs\System Security 2011\
%StartMenu%\Programs\System Security 2011\System Security 2011.lnk
%UserProfile%\Desktop\System Security 2011.lnk
System Security 2011 will create the following registry entries:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\System Security 2011
Follow these Procedures to Remove System Security 2011
Procedure 1: Manual Removal
For users with technical skills in dealing with computer problems, executing this manual removal is enough to stop the malware. However, we highly recommend running anti-malware scan to remove other hidden files. For users who are not tech-savvy, you must skip this step. Start on Procedure 2 and proceed onwards. Automatic removal takes longer to accomplish but is less difficult to execute.
1. Restart your computer in Safe Mode with Networking
- After turning On the power of the computer, just before Windows start, press F8.
- From the selections, choose Safe Mode with Networking. Please use keyboard's arrow up/down to navigate between selections and press Enter to proceed.
2. Remove Registry entries added by System Security 2011. You MUST BACKUP YOUR REGISTRY FIRST.
- Click Start > Run.
- Type in the field, regedit.
- Navigate and look for the registry entries mentioned above and delete if necessary.
3. Delete malicious files that the threat added:
- Base on the given location above, browse and delete the file.
- If no location is given, click Start>Search> and search for the files.
- If cannot be deleted, press Ctrl+Alt+Del to access Task Manager, see if the file is running in the process. If it is, select the file and click End Process. Perform file delete again.
4. Scan computer with Antivirus Program
- Update antivirus program.
- Scan computer and delete all detected threats.
- Restart Windows.
Procedure 2: Scan and remove System Security 2011 files with MalwareBytes Anti-Malware
To remove System Security 2011, download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware by clicking on the button below. This tool is effective in getting rid of Trojans, viruses and malware.
1. After downloading, please install the program using the default settings.
2. At the end of the installation, please make sure that it will download necessary updates.
3. Once update has completed. The tool will launch.
4. Thoroughly scan the computer and remove all threats detected by Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
Protect your PC from System Security 2011 or Similar Attack
Turn On Security Features of your Internet Browser
For safe browsing, each browser programs have their own features for blocking malicious Internet traffic. This feature is capable of detecting whether the site you are trying to visit is listed as harmful and infected with viruses. Phishing and malware web sites will not escape the filtering applied by your browser if the feature is active. Here are the safety features for corresponding Internet browsers.
- Internet Explorer - Smart Screen Filter
This feature of Internet Explorer will check web pages for harmful entities. SmartScreen Filter immediately alerts you if it found the page suspicious. View complete information from this page.
- Google Chrome - Phishing and Malware Protection
Safe browsing feature of Google Chrome uses a technology that protects the computer against virus and malware attacks that may arise while browsing the web. Click here to activate this feature.
- Mozilla Firefox - Block Attack Site and Web Forgeries