|Type:||Rogue Program (Utilities)|
|Brief Description:||Rogue computer utility application uses deceptive techniques to entice user into paying for the registered version of this product.|
Spyware Clear is categorized as Potentially Unwanted Program. It is promoted through third-party applications like tools, download manager, multi-media software, and so on. It often comes bundled with these programs, so you will be installing Spyware Clear together with the downloaded one.
When this software is installed on the computer, you will notice various changes made on the system. Spyware Clear will provide self-made scans and diagnosis on each Windows log-on. You will find the alert so alarming which was obliged some computer users to purchase the program.
Spyware Clear further promotes itself by displaying bunch of features within the program that actually has no purpose. So far, there is no valid testimonial about the usefulness of this unknown software. All we can see while browsing several forums are user's complaints about Spyware Clear. They state that it is using invasive techniques to gain its place on Windows system. Moreover, users who have this software complain of issues that the program chews huge part of CPU resources reducing system performance seriously.
Internet browsing is also affected by the presence of Spyware Clear. It has a module that will scan Internet traffic, thus connection to the requested web page causes some delays. In some instances, there are reports that this program will block user's access especially if they attempt to visit security web sites to download removal tools to get this crap out of their PC.
Procedures to Remove Spyware Clear
Removal steps on this page will help you get rid of the threat effectively using tools and virus scanners. Please make sure that you will carry out the guide in exact order.
Procedure 1: Scan Computer in Safe Mode Using Installed Anti-virus Program
1. First, we will try to remove Spyware Clear by running a virus scan under Safe Mode with Networking. To perform this task, please complete these procedures.
Start Windows 8 / Windows 10 in Safe Mode with Networking
- Close all running programs on your computer because we will need to restart Windows on this procedure.
- Press and Hold Shift key on your keyboard while clicking on Restart.
- You will then be presented with Troubleshooting Options.
- Click on Troubleshoot icon.
- Then, Click on Advanced Options icon.
- Select Startup Settings icon and then, Click on Restart button.
- When Windows restarts, it will prompt to choose number from the list of options. Press the number on your keyboard that corresponds to Safe Mode with Networking, commonly number 5.
- Once in Safe Mode, please proceed to the next step which is running a virus scan on the computer.
Start in Safe Mode with Networking (Windows XP / Vista / 7 Instruction)
- Please restart the computer and just before Windows start, press F8 on your keyboard repeatedly. You will be presented with Advanced Options Menu.
- From the selections, choose Safe Mode with Networking. Please use keyboard's arrow up/down to navigate between selections and press Enter to proceed.
2. Open your installed anti-virus programs and update it to the most recent version by automatically downloading necessary updates.
3. Thoroughly scan the computer and remove all identified threats. Do not restart or turn off the computer after the scan process. You still need to run another scan. Please follow the next procedure.
Procedure 2: Scan and remove Spyware Clear files with MalwareBytes Anti-Malware
To remove Spyware Clear, download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. This tool is effective in getting rid of Trojans, viruses and malware.
1. After downloading, please install the program using the default settings.
2. At the end of the installation, please make sure that it will download necessary updates.
3. Once update has completed, MBAM will launch.
4. Select SCAN from the top menu. Then, click on Threat Scan (Recommended) section.
5. Click on Start Scan to thoroughly scan the computer. Remove all threats detected by this anti-malware program after the process.
Procedure 3: Run Microsoft Safety Scanner to remove Spyware Clear components.
MS Safety Scanner is a free security tool that offers on-demand virus scanning and helps remove threats from the infected computer. It is a stand-alone program that works even with existing antivirus program.
Important: Each download of Microsoft Safety Scanner expires 10 days after the acquisition date. If this period lapses, you need to download the same program from the same location again. New download contains newer virus definition and database to detect and clean most recent viruses.
To use this tool in removing Spyware Clear, please follow this procedure.
1. Download Microsoft Safety Scanner from official web site. Click on the button below.
2. Save the file to a convenient location such as Desktop.
3. Once the download completes, browse the folder and double-click on the file msert.exe. Icon for this file looks like this.
4. If Windows prompts for a security warning and ask if you want to run the file, click on Run. For Windows Vista/7 users, you may right-click on the file and select Run as administrator from the selection.
5. On initial run, the tool will display End User License Agreement, please accept the terms and click Next. Continue on the process until you reach the Scan Type window.
6. Select on Full scan to entire the system and detect any presence of Spyware Clear. Then, click Next button to begin the scan process. Scanning may take a while, please be patient.
7. Once Microsoft Safety Scanner finished on scanning the computer, it will display the result. If it finds presence of Spyware Clear and other malware, the tool removes them automatically.
8. Click on Finish button to close the tool.
Procedure 4: Run TrendMicro's Anti-Threat Toolkit (ATTK) to check and delete any remnants of Spyware Clear.
As an added help to remove Spyware Clear, you can scan the computer with Anti-Threat Toolkit. This software is provided and distributed by TrendMicro. Follow this procedure to run a scan with this tool.
1. Download the package by clicking on the button below. This will launch a new browser window that contains further details about the tool.
2. Save the file to a location on your hard drive.
3. Browse for the location of the file and double-click to run. If you are using Windows Vista or Windows 7, right-click on extracted file supportcustomizedpackage and click on Run as Administrator.
4. When program launch, it will run a command prompt to initialize, prepare components, and update the program.
5. Next it will open the graphical user interface (GUI) of Anti-Threat Toolkit.
6. Click on Scan Now. This operation will scan all Spyware Clear files and processes in your computer and display a list of result for possible Fake Antivirus program and malware that needs to be removed.
7. Tick all items that are detected by the program, and then click Clean. The tool will start removing Spyware Clear components from the computer.
8. If it asked you to restart Windows, please do so.
Procedure 5: Run Another Scan Using Symantec's ZeroAccess Fix Tool
This tool from Symantec can remove infections of Spyware Clear as well as other variants of the same nature.
1. Click on the button below to download ZeroAccess Fix Tool. Save the file FixZeroAccess.exe to your desktop or any convenient location.
2. You need to close any running programs before running this tool.
3. Optionally, you can turn OFF System Restore if you are using Windows XP. Spyware Clear files may hide some of its components on system restore files.
4. Next, browse the folder where you saved the file FixZeroAccess.exe. Double-click on it to initiate the tool. To run the file in Windows Vista and Windows 7, right-click on it and choose 'Run as administrator' from the selection.
5. It will display End User License Agreement (EULA), please click on I accept to use the program.
6.Click on Proceed to begin the removal process, let the tool to run and do its course.
7. If it requires you to restart Windows, please do so. This method may remove Spyware Clear components such as files and hidden modules.
8. When Windows starts, ZeroAccess Fix Tool will provide some details of the infection.
9. If it prompts for update, you need to run LiveUpdate to make sure that it contains the most recent virus definitions.
10. Wait for the tool to complete the scan process. When done, it will issue a message and specify identified threats. These threats are removed during the scan process, so, there is no need to worry about their presence.