Soft Veteran also known as SoftVeteran is another addition to the group of rogue program developed by the same authors who released Soft Cop, Soft Soldier and Trust Soldier. Soft Veteran is commonly deployed with the use of Trojan Downloader where it can escape antivirus detection and proceed in stealth installation of it. Victims can be notified about its presence when numerous of fake pop-up alerts begin to display on computer screen. It pushes computer owners to purchase the registered version of the program in order to stop the alerts and get computer free of viruses.
Though SoftVeteran proclaimed itself as a security software, most security websites tagged it as rogue. Not only because of its origin but mostly on its actions once inside a computer. Soft Veteran must be removed on computers without spending a little. Removing Soft Veteran can be free and easy following the step-by-step guide below.
What are the Symptoms of Soft Veteran Infection?
This Soft Veteran image shows the virus scan graphical users interface that seems to scan computer.
It will modify Windows Registry and add the following entries:
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Current Version\Run “SoftVeteran”
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Current Version\Run “frd6.tmp.exe or [random]tmp.exe”
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Current Version\Uninstall\SoftVeteran
The threat will drop the following malicious files:
- %Program Files%\SoftVeteran Software\SoftVeteran\SoftVeteran.exe
- %Program Files%\SoftVeteran Software\SoftVeteran\uninstall.exe
- %Documents and Settings%\All Users\Desktop\SoftVeteran.lnk
- %Documents and Settings%\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\SoftVeteran
- %Documents and Settings%\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\SoftVeteran\1 SoftVeteran.lnk
- %Documents and Settings%\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\SoftVeteran\2 Homepage.lnk
- %Documents and Settings%\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\SoftVeteran\3 Uninstall.lnk
%Temp%\frd6.tmp.exe or [random]tmp.exe
How to Remove Soft Veteran Manually
1. Restart your computer in SafeMode
– After Power-On the computer, just before Windows start, press F8
– From the selections, Select SafeMode
2. Remove Registry entries that the threat added. You MUST BACKUP YOUR REGISTRY FIRST.
– Click Start > Run
– Type in the field, regedit
– Navigate and look for the registry entries mentioned above and delete if necessary
3. Delete malicious files that the threat added:
– Base on the given location above, browse and delete the file
– If no location is given, click Start>Search> and search for the file.
– If cannot be deleted, press Ctrl+Alt+Del to access Task Manager, see if the file is running in the process. If it is, select the file and click End Process. Perform file delete again.
4. Scan computer with Antivirus Program
– Update antivirus program
– Scan computer and delete all detected threats.
How to Easily Remove Soft Veteran
1. A free tool called MalwareBytes AntiMalware can remove Soft Veteran. Download and scan with MBAM now.