PC Performer is a program that optimizes your registry settings to enhance and speed up your computer. To be able to maintain and boost your PC’s performance, the program let you to scan your PC to check all existing registry errors. After scanning, it will display various registry errors that need to be fixed. But before you can do that, you are being told to buy the registered version of PC Performer.
If you may be unsure where PC Performer came from and if you do not initially install this program then most likely, you install some sort of bundled freeware or shareware applications that can be downloaded over the net. The result provided by this fake system optimizer is merely a fraud. Therefore, you have to ignore it and do not be deceive buying such junk. You can fix the entire system problems without buying PC Performer at all. All you need to do is to remove this rogue.
As visibly seen, PC Performer developers only wanted to push users to buy its product. It even scare victims by fake alert and system errors detected where in fact they are the one who is liable to various changes and all other problems that your system may have. You have to make a stand that PC Performer beyond doubt is better off without.
To safeguard your system to any potentially unwanted program, you have to take an extra care when installing bundled freeware. Seeing that many of cyber crooks use more often this tactic effectively. In getting rid of PC Performer, you may see the guide below. Please do follow.
Follow these Procedures to Remove Remove PC Performer
Procedure 1: Start Computer in Safe Mode
Restart your computer in Safe Mode with Networking
- After turning On the power of the computer, just before Windows start, press F8. This is a quick process, so you must press F8 button very timely. Failure to enter this mode will start Windows normally. In that case, you need to turn off the PC again and repeat the process.
- From the selections, choose Safe Mode with Networking. Please use keyboard's arrow up/down to navigate between selections and press Enter to proceed. Safe Mode boots slower than normal and your screen will be in low-resolution format. If it prompts you at boot-up, please proceed to Safe Mode. Loaded driver and processes are minimal so expect that other devices on the computer will not be available during this mode.
Procedure 2: Scan and remove Remove PC Performer files with MalwareBytes Anti-Malware
To remove Remove PC Performer, download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware by clicking on the button below. This tool is effective in getting rid of Trojans, viruses and malware.
1. After downloading, please install the program using the default settings.
2. At the end of the installation, please make sure that it will download necessary updates.
3. Once update has completed. The tool will launch.
4. Thoroughly scan the computer and remove all threats detected by this anti-malware program.
Procedure 3: Run TrendMicro's Fake Antivirus Remover (ATTK) to check and delete any remnants of Remove PC Performer.
As an added help to remove Remove PC Performer, you can scan the computer with Fake Antivirus Removal Tool. This software is provided and distributed by TrendMicro. Follow this procedure to run a scan with this tool.
1. Download the package by clicking on the button below. This will launch a new browser window that contains further details about the tool.
2. Save the file to a location on your hard drive.
3. Browse for the location of the file and double-click to run. If you are using Windows Vista or Windows 7, right-click on extracted file attk_far_gui.exe and click on Run as Administrator.
4. When program launch, it will run a command prompt to initialize, prepare components, and update the program.
5. Next it will open the graphical user interface (GUI) of Anti-Threat Toolkit.
6. Click on Scan Now. This operation will scan all Remove PC Performer files and processes in your computer and display a list of result for possible Fake Antivirus program and malware that needs to be removed.
7. Tick all items that are detected by the program, and then click Clean. The tool will start removing Remove PC Performer components from the computer.
8. If it asked you to restart Windows, please do so.
Procedure 4: Remove Rootkit Trojan with Avast aswMBR
A Trojan often drops malware using an advance technology known as rootkit. It hides the installation of Remove PC Performer from your anti-virus program and injects malicious code to running Windows processes. To complete the clean-up process, you also need to scan and remove rootkit Trojan.
1. Download aswMBR from Avast server. Save it to your computer.
2. Double-click on the file aswMBR.exe to run the program.
3. If it prompts you to download the latest Avast! virus definition, please click Yes. This is necessary to identify most recent version of the Trojan as well as hidden files of Remove PC Performer.
4. Click on Scan button to start checking your computer for presence of rootkit Trojan and other viruses. It will display a message "Scan finished successfully" when done.
5. Click Fix or FixMBR to start removing infection. If aswMBR contains the latest Avast! virus definition file, it will automatically clean infected files on your PC.
Protect your PC from Remove PC Performer or Similar Attack
Turn On Security Features of your Internet Browser
Internet Explorer - Activate SmartScreen Filter
Internet Explorer versions 8 and 9 has this feature called SmartScreen Filter. It helps detect phishing web sites and protect you from downloading malicious files online. You may have avoided Remove PC Performer virus if this has been active on your PC.To turn on SmartScreen Filter, follow these steps:
1. Please open Internet Explorer.
2. On top menu, select Tools (IE 9). For IE 8, please look for Safety menu.
3. Select SmartScreen Filter from the drop-down list and click on Turn on SmartScreen Filter.
4. Please restart Internet Explorer.
Google Chrome's Enable Phishing and Malware Protection
With Google Chrome's Phishing and Malware Detection feature, you will have lesser risks browsing the web. It will display a warning when the site you are trying to visit is suspicious. To enable Phishing and Malware Protection, please do these steps:
1. Open Google Chrome.
2. Click on the Customize and control Google Chrome (3-Bars Icon) located on top right corner of the browser.
3. Select Settings from the drop-down list.
4. Once on the settings page, click on Show advanced settings... at the bottom of the page to see the rest of the Chrome setup.
5. Locate Privacy section and mark 'Enable phishing and malware protection'.
6. Please restart Google Chrome. New settings keep your browser safe while surfing the web.
Mozilla Firefox - Block Attack Sites and Web Forgeries
Phishing and Malware Protection is a built-in feature on Firefox version 3 or later. It warns you when a page you are trying to visit contains phishing content or an attack site designed to drop threats on the computer. To help you keep safe while browsing the Internet using Firefox, please follow this guide:
1. Open Mozilla Firefox browser.
2. On top menu, click on Tools. Then select Options from the list.
3. Select Security and put a check mark on the following items:
- Warn me when sites try to install add-ons
- Block reported attack sites
- Block reported web forgeries