My Security Shield
My Security Shield is a program that has nothing to do with computer’s protection and virus removal. It may only cause annoyances and disruption on systems operation and Internet community. This Security Master Av-inspired program belongs to a list of malicious program that spreads on the Internet and is used as a money-making activity for its authors. It can also spread via Trojan that can easily get into the computer from its various security exploits and software weaknesses. It can also arrived on PC as an attached file to a spam email messages that contains tempting contents so that users may execute the attached file. My Security Shield virus was also found embedded to different programs hosted on peer-to-peer networks waiting for innocent users to download them.
When successfully installed on the computer, My Security Shield will issue various alerts and warning messages stating that computer is infected by a virus. Each time Windows is started, My Security Shield will perform a virus scan and present untrue results to deceive users and persuade them to purchase the full version of this fake program in order to remove threats. If followed, you will end up losing your money and having a useless and rogue program in return. So remove My Security Shield as soon as you observe any symptoms inside your PC. There are free and effective anti-malware program that will get rid of this fake antivirus instantly.
|OS Affected||Windows XP, Windows Vista|
What are the Symptoms of My Security Shield Infection?
Its graphical user interface will display an activate button. It will always advise you to purchase the registration key to have ultimate protection.
Update: May 23, 2012
There are new observations about this malware. It is making another round again. However, this time, it is more harmful due to the rootkit Trojan that comes with it. Only way to avoid My Security Shield and Rootkit Trojan is to stay away from unknown or suspicious web sites. Do not click right away on links you can find on facebook and instant messengers. Be cautious when using the Internet.
Follow these Procedures to Remove My Security Shield
Procedure 1: Manual Removal
For users with technical skills in dealing with computer problems, executing this manual removal is enough to stop the malware. However, we highly recommend running anti-malware scan to remove other hidden files. For users who are not tech-savvy, you must skip this step. Start on Procedure 2 and proceed onwards. Automatic removal takes longer to accomplish but is less difficult to execute.
1. Restart your computer in Safe Mode with Networking
- After turning On the power of the computer, just before Windows start, press F8.
- From the selections, choose Safe Mode with Networking. Please use keyboard's arrow up/down to navigate between selections and press Enter to proceed.
2. Remove Registry entries added by My Security Shield. You MUST BACKUP YOUR REGISTRY FIRST.
- Click Start > Run.
- Type in the field, regedit.
- Navigate and look for the registry entries mentioned above and delete if necessary.
3. Delete malicious files that the threat added:
- Base on the given location above, browse and delete the file.
- If no location is given, click Start>Search> and search for the files.
- If cannot be deleted, press Ctrl+Alt+Del to access Task Manager, see if the file is running in the process. If it is, select the file and click End Process. Perform file delete again.
4. Scan computer with Antivirus Program
- Update antivirus program.
- Scan computer and delete all detected threats.
- Restart Windows.
Procedure 2: Scan and remove My Security Shield files with MalwareBytes Anti-Malware
To remove My Security Shield, download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware by clicking on the button below. This tool is effective in getting rid of Trojans, viruses and malware.
1. After downloading, please install the program using the default settings.
2. At the end of the installation, please make sure that it will download necessary updates.
3. Once update has completed. The tool will launch.
4. Thoroughly scan the computer and remove all threats detected by Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
Protect your PC from My Security Shield or Similar Attack
Turn On Security Features of your Internet Browser
For safe browsing, each browser programs have their own features for blocking malicious Internet traffic. This feature is capable of detecting whether the site you are trying to visit is listed as harmful and infected with viruses. Phishing and malware web sites will not escape the filtering applied by your browser if the feature is active. Here are the safety features for corresponding Internet browsers.
- Internet Explorer - Smart Screen Filter
This feature of Internet Explorer will check web pages for harmful entities. SmartScreen Filter immediately alerts you if it found the page suspicious. View complete information from this page.
- Google Chrome - Phishing and Malware Protection
Safe browsing feature of Google Chrome uses a technology that protects the computer against virus and malware attacks that may arise while browsing the web. Click here to activate this feature.
- Mozilla Firefox - Block Attack Site and Web Forgeries