Link Safeness is a misleading security application that was promoted as an anti-virus program and continuously deceive computer users by displaying false warning messages and fabricated virus scan results. Link Safeness virus will also disable antivirus program on victims computer and will blocked Internet access to security websites. It will make sure that computer users will not have an easy way to remove Link Safeness.
Malicious websites and browser hijacker are the common ways how computers are being contracted with LinkSafeness Trojan. Also, it was being propagated by a fake online virus scanner “LinkSafeness – Online Protection” that aside from deceiving users, it also hosts the installation files of this rogue program.
What are the Symptoms of Link Safeness Virus Infection?
LinkSafeness virus scan console is very similar to AntiAid and SiteVillain
It will modify Windows Registry and add the following entries:
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Current Version\Run “%System%\f7eru8dx.exe”
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Current Version\Run “%ProgramFiles%\LinkSafeness Software\LinkSafeness\LinkSafeness.exe -min”
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Current Version\Uninstall\LinkSafeness
The threat will drop the following malicious files:
- %Program Files%\LinkSafeness Software\LinkSafeness\LinkSafeness.exe
- %Program Files%\LinkSafeness Software\LinkSafeness\uninstall.exe
How to Remove Link Safeness Manually
1. Restart your computer in SafeMode
– After Power-On the computer, just before Windows start, press F8
– From the selections, Select SafeMode
2. Remove Registry entries that the threat added. You MUST BACKUP YOUR REGISTRY FIRST.
– Click Start > Run
– Type in the field, regedit
– Navigate and look for the registry entries mentioned above and delete if necessary
3. Delete malicious files that the threat added:
– Base on the given location above, browse and delete the file
– If no location is given, click Start>Search> and search for the files.
– If cannot be deleted, press Ctrl+Alt+Del to access Task Manager, see if the file is running in the process. If it is, select the file and click End Process. Perform file delete again.
4. Scan computer with Antivirus Program
– Update antivirus program
– Scan computer and delete all detected threats.
How to Easily Remove Link Safeness
1. Download and run Removal Tool to remove Link Safeness