Disk Antivirus Professional
Disk Antivirus Professional is a malware that is also tagged as rogue anti-virus program. Malicious web site is where you can acquire this type of threat. One way that can lead you to the dangerous site is via Trojan infection. It installs a browser redirect module into your Internet browser, which redirect every traffic to unknown web pages that hosts Disk Antivirus Professional installation program. No action from your end is needed. Web page is equipped with a script that automates the download and installation of Disk Antivirus Professional. Once installed, the threat changes some settings that initiate auto-start once you turned on the PC.
Computer compromised with Disk Antivirus Professional display signs like scary pop-up alerts and warning. Also, you will notice that the malware runs a scan without any command coming from you. After the scan, you will see a result that contains virus infection. This is fake, you should never believe it especially if it encourages you to clean the virus using paid version of Disk Antivirus Professional.
Previous versions of this malware include System Progressive Protection, Live Security Platinum, and Personal Shield Pro. Just like the old variants, Disk Antivirus Professional is using identical user interface. Only noticeable change is the title. In fact, the build remains as-is and you can still use the old serial number AA39754E-715219CE to activate and remove the virus.
What are the Symptoms of Disk Antivirus Professional Infection?
Follow these Procedures to Remove Disk Antivirus Professional
Procedure 1: Activate Disk Antivirus Professional
Activating the rogue program will not instantly remove it from the infected computer. We will execute this method to revert some changes it has made to the system so that we can proceed with the removal.
If you will not activate Disk Antivirus Professional, we may not be able to access the Internet to download removal tool. We may not run programs because the malware will block the .EXE files of any software installed on the computer.
To run Disk Antivirus Professional in full mode, use the registration key provided below. You may input any email address on the appropriate field.
Reg Key: AA39754E-715219CE
Procedure 2: Start Computer in Safe Mode
1. Restart your computer in Safe Mode with Networking
- After turning On the power of the computer, just before Windows start, press F8.
- From the selections, choose Safe Mode with Networking. Please use keyboard's arrow up/down to navigate between selections and press Enter to proceed.
Procedure 3: Scan and remove Disk Antivirus Professional files with MalwareBytes Anti-Malware
To remove Disk Antivirus Professional, download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware by clicking on the button below. This tool is effective in getting rid of Trojans, viruses and malware.
1. After downloading, please install the program using the default settings.
2. At the end of the installation, please make sure that it will download necessary updates.
3. Once update has completed. The tool will launch.
4. Thoroughly scan the computer and remove all threats detected by this anti-malware program.
Procedure 4: Run Symantec's ZeroAccess Fix Tool to remove Disk Antivirus Professional components.
This tool from Symantec can remove infections of Disk Antivirus Professional as well as other variants of the same nature.
1. Click on the button below to download ZeroAccess Fix Tool. Save the file FixZeroAccess.exe to your desktop or any convenient location.
2. You need to close any running programs before running this tool.
3. Turn OFF System Restore if you are using Windows XP. Disk Antivirus Professional files may hide some of its components on system restore files.
4. Next, browse the folder where you saved the file FixZeroAccess.exe. Double-click on it to initiate the tool. To run the file in Windows Vista and Windows 7, right-click on it and choose 'Run as administrator' from the selection.
5. It will display End User License Agreement (EULA), please click on I accept to use the program.
6.Click on Proceed to begin the removal process, let the tool to run and do its course.
7. If it requires you to restart Windows, please do so. This method may remove Disk Antivirus Professional components such as files and hidden modules.
8. When Windows starts, ZeroAccess Fix Tool will provide some details of the infection.
9. If it prompts for update, you need to run LiveUpdate to make sure that it contains the most recent virus definitions.
10. Wait for the tool to complete the scan process. When done, it will issue a message and specify identified threats. These threats are removed during the scan process, so, there is no need to worry about their presence.
Procedure 5: Make sure that Disk Antivirus Professional is 100% deleted with Avast aswMBR
A Trojan often drops malware using an advance technology known as rootkit. It hides the installation of Disk Antivirus Professional from your anti-virus program and injects malicious code to running Windows processes. To complete the clean-up process, you also need to scan and remove rootkit Trojan.
1. Download aswMBR from Avast server. Save it to your computer.
2. Double-click on the file aswMBR.exe to run the program.
3. If it prompts you to download the latest Avast! virus definition, please click Yes. This is necessary to identify most recent version of the Trojan as well as hidden files of Disk Antivirus Professional.
4. Click on Scan button to start checking your computer for presence of rootkit Trojan and other viruses. It will display a message "Scan finished successfully" when done.
5. Click Fix or FixMBR to start removing infection. If aswMBR contains the latest Avast! virus definition file, it will automatically clean infected files on your PC.
Protect your PC from Disk Antivirus Professional or Similar Attack
Turn On Security Features of your Internet Browser
Internet Explorer - Activate SmartScreen Filter
Internet Explorer versions 8 and 9 has this feature called SmartScreen Filter. It helps detect phishing web sites and protect you from downloading malicious files online. You may have avoided Disk Antivirus Professional virus if this has been active on your PC.To turn on SmartScreen Filter, follow these steps:
1. Please open Internet Explorer.
2. On top menu, select Tools (IE 9). For IE 8, please look for Safety menu.
3. Select SmartScreen Filter from the drop-down list and click on Turn on SmartScreen Filter.
4. Please restart Internet Explorer.
Google Chrome's Enable Phishing and Malware Protection
With Google Chrome's Phishing and Malware Detection feature, you will have lesser risks browsing the web. It will display a warning when the site you are trying to visit is suspicious. To enable Phishing and Malware Protection, please do these steps:
1. Open Google Chrome.
2. Click on the Customize and control Google Chrome (3-Bars Icon) located on top right corner of the browser.
3. Select Settings from the drop-down list.
4. Once on the settings page, click on Show advanced settings... at the bottom of the page to see the rest of the Chrome setup.
5. Locate Privacy section and mark 'Enable phishing and malware protection'.
6. Please restart Google Chrome. New settings keep your browser safe while surfing the web.
Mozilla Firefox - Block Attack Sites and Web Forgeries
Phishing and Malware Protection is a built-in feature on Firefox version 3 or later. It warns you when a page you are trying to visit contains phishing content or an attack site designed to drop threats on the computer. To help you keep safe while browsing the Internet using Firefox, please follow this guide:
1. Open Mozilla Firefox browser.
2. On top menu, click on Tools. Then select Options from the list.
3. Select Security and put a check mark on the following items:
- Warn me when sites try to install add-ons
- Block reported attack sites
- Block reported web forgeries