AV Protection 2011
AV Protection 2011 is a security application conceptualized to steal money from naïve computer owners. It may not directly solicit from the end-user but its behavior leads to fraudulent acts that fall in the same manner.
Trojans are the primary instruments to spread AV Protection 2011 to every computers linked via the Internet. The malware comes uninvited masquerading as useful applications or upgrades to a popular program. In some instances, Trojans may alter configuration of Internet browser that instigate every requested page to be redirected to unknown web sites. Additionally, AV Protection 2011 barred the compromised unit from visiting web sites that are security-related.
This harmful application is destined to be more detrimental than its previous version called System Security 2011. Once AV Protection 2011 enters the computer, it focuses on delivering deceiving pop-up alert and messages. It pours an effort to entice users to purchase the registered version of the program in an unlikely pattern.
AV Protection 2011 not only works to endorse itself through various ambiguous attempts. It also ensures protection to keep its presence on the computer. It easily pinpoints tools and software that can endanger AV Protection 2011 occurrences and terminates essential processes to halt its operation. During this period, computer is left helpless and unusable.
To help you resolve this issue, we come up with simple solution to remove AV Protection 2011. All you need to do is carefully follow the step-by-step guide to eliminate the threat.
When AV Protection 2011 is installed on the computer, it will commence a virus scan that produces a number of infected items. It requires you to remove these threats by purchasing the activation code first.
The rogue program also reveals a number of security risks and infected documents or programs. These fake alerts may contain the following messgaes:
Security Software has found infected documents or programs.
You can lose your personal data and infect other network computers.
The file “filename.exe” is infected.
Running of application is impossible.
Please activate your antivirus software.
Malicious programs that may steal your private information and prevent your system from working properly are detected on your computer. Click here to clean your PC immediately.
Other Detection Name for AV Protection 2011
The malware will load using the process:
av protection 2011v121.exe
Malicious files created by AV Protection 2011 are the following:
c:\Users\im-infected\AppData\Roaming\ol9htxqjueiroy\av protection 2011v121.exe
AV Protection 2011 will create the following registry entries:
Follow these Procedures to Remove AV Protection 2011
Procedure 1: Manual Removal
For users with technical skills in dealing with computer problems, executing this manual removal is enough to stop the malware. However, we highly recommend running anti-malware scan to remove other hidden files. For users who are not tech-savvy, you must skip this step. Start on Procedure 2 and proceed onwards. Automatic removal takes longer to accomplish but is less difficult to execute.
1. Restart your computer in Safe Mode with Networking
- After turning On the power of the computer, just before Windows start, press F8.
- From the selections, choose Safe Mode with Networking. Please use keyboard's arrow up/down to navigate between selections and press Enter to proceed.
2. Remove Registry entries added by AV Protection 2011. You MUST BACKUP YOUR REGISTRY FIRST.
- Click Start > Run.
- Type in the field, regedit.
- Navigate and look for the registry entries mentioned above and delete if necessary.
3. Delete malicious files that the threat added:
- Base on the given location above, browse and delete the file.
- If no location is given, click Start>Search> and search for the files.
- If cannot be deleted, press Ctrl+Alt+Del to access Task Manager, see if the file is running in the process. If it is, select the file and click End Process. Perform file delete again.
4. Scan computer with Antivirus Program
- Update antivirus program.
- Scan computer and delete all detected threats.
- Restart Windows.
Procedure 2: Scan and remove AV Protection 2011 files with MalwareBytes Anti-Malware
To remove AV Protection 2011, download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware by clicking on the button below. This tool is effective in getting rid of Trojans, viruses and malware.
1. After downloading, please install the program using the default settings.
2. At the end of the installation, please make sure that it will download necessary updates.
3. Once update has completed. The tool will launch.
4. Thoroughly scan the computer and remove all threats detected by Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
Protect your PC from AV Protection 2011 or Similar Attack
Turn On Security Features of your Internet Browser
For safe browsing, each browser programs have their own features for blocking malicious Internet traffic. This feature is capable of detecting whether the site you are trying to visit is listed as harmful and infected with viruses. Phishing and malware web sites will not escape the filtering applied by your browser if the feature is active. Here are the safety features for corresponding Internet browsers.
- Internet Explorer - Smart Screen Filter
This feature of Internet Explorer will check web pages for harmful entities. SmartScreen Filter immediately alerts you if it found the page suspicious. View complete information from this page.
- Google Chrome - Phishing and Malware Protection
Safe browsing feature of Google Chrome uses a technology that protects the computer against virus and malware attacks that may arise while browsing the web. Click here to activate this feature.
- Mozilla Firefox - Block Attack Site and Web Forgeries