AV Protection 2011 is a security application conceptualized to steal money from naïve computer owners. It may not directly solicit from the end-user but its behavior leads to fraudulent acts that fall in the same manner.
Trojans are the primary instruments to spread AV Protection 2011 to every computers linked via the Internet. The malware comes uninvited masquerading as useful applications or upgrades to a popular program. In some instances, Trojans may alter configuration of Internet browser that instigate every requested page to be redirected to unknown web sites. Additionally, AV Protection 2011 barred the compromised unit from visiting web sites that are security-related.
This harmful application is destined to be more detrimental than its previous version called System Security 2011. Once AV Protection 2011 enters the computer, it focuses on delivering deceiving pop-up alert and messages. It pours an effort to entice users to purchase the registered version of the program in an unlikely pattern.
AV Protection 2011 not only works to endorse itself through various ambiguous attempts. It also ensures protection to keep its presence on the computer. It easily pinpoints tools and software that can endanger AV Protection 2011 occurrences and terminates essential processes to halt its operation. During this period, computer is left helpless and unusable.
To help you resolve this issue, we come up with simple solution to remove AV Protection 2011. All you need to do is carefully follow the step-by-step guide to eliminate the threat.
When AV Protection 2011 is installed on the computer, it will commence a virus scan that produces a number of infected items. It requires you to remove these threats by purchasing the activation code first.
The rogue program also reveals a number of security risks and infected documents or programs. These fake alerts may contain the following messgaes:
Security Software has found infected documents or programs.
You can lose your personal data and infect other network computers.
The file “filename.exe” is infected.
Running of application is impossible.
Please activate your antivirus software.
Malicious programs that may steal your private information and prevent your system from working properly are detected on your computer. Click here to clean your PC immediately.
Other Detection Name for AV Protection 2011
The malware will load using the process:
av protection 2011v121.exe
Malicious files created by AV Protection 2011 are the following:
c:\Users\im-infected\AppData\Roaming\ol9htxqjueiroy\av protection 2011v121.exe
AV Protection 2011 will create the following registry entries:
Follow these Procedures to Remove AV Protection 2011
Removal steps on this page will help you get rid of the threat effectively using tools and virus scanners. Please make sure that you will carry out the guide in exact order.
Procedure 1: Uninstall AV Protection 2011 from Windows Control Panel
1. Begin the removal process by uninstalling the rogue program from Windows. To do this, we need to open Control Panel. Please ensure that you are logon with the Administrative privilege to access this function.
Accessing Control Panel in Windows 8 and Windows 10
- On your keyboard, Press Windows Key + X.
- Once Quick Access Menu appears on the screen, please click on Control Panel.
- Control Panel window will open. Please proceed to the next step which is uninstalling AV Protection 2011.
How to access Control Panel in Windows XP, Windows Vista / 7
- Click on Start button that can be found on bottom left corner of the screen.
- From the list, choose Control Panel to access settings of Windows and make the needed changes.
2. To uninstall AV Protection 2011, click on Uninstall a program under Programs Section. It will open a Program and Features window where-in you can uninstall, change, or repair installed software.
3. Look for AV Protection 2011 title or any suspicious name that was installed recently. To do this, you need to arrange the items chronologically. Click on Installed On to display recently installed programs.
4. Select AV Protection 2011 or any suspicious items and then Click on Uninstall button to remove it from Windows.
5. If it prompts for confirmation, please click OK button to proceed.
Procedure 2: Scan Computer in Safe Mode Using Installed Anti-virus Program
1. When troubleshooting a PC, one common step is to boot operating system into Safe Mode with Networking. The same approach will be used in the removal of AV Protection 2011. Please execute instructions based on your Windows OS version.
Start Windows 8 / Windows 10 in Safe Mode with Networking
- Close all running programs on your computer because we will need to restart Windows on this procedure.
- Press and Hold Shift key on your keyboard while clicking on Restart.
- You will then be presented with Troubleshooting Options.
- Click on Troubleshoot icon.
- Then, Click on Advanced Options icon.
- Select Startup Settings icon and then, Click on Restart button.
- When Windows restarts, it will prompt to choose number from the list of options. Press the number on your keyboard that corresponds to Safe Mode with Networking, commonly number 5.
- Once in Safe Mode, please proceed to the next step which is running a virus scan on the computer.
Start in Safe Mode with Networking (Windows XP / Vista / 7 Instruction)
- Please restart the computer and just before Windows start, press F8 on your keyboard repeatedly. You will be presented with Advanced Options Menu.
- From the selections, choose Safe Mode with Networking. Please use keyboard's arrow up/down to navigate between selections and press Enter to proceed.
2. Once your Windows is running in Safe Mode, open your installed anti-virus programs and update it to the most recent version by automatically downloading necessary updates.
3. Thoroughly scan the computer and remove all identified threats. Do not restart or turn off the computer after the scan process. You still need to run another scan. Please follow the next procedure.
Procedure 3: Scan and remove AV Protection 2011 files with MalwareBytes Anti-Malware
To remove AV Protection 2011, download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. This tool is effective in getting rid of Trojans, viruses and malware.
1. After downloading, please install the program using the default settings.
2. At the end of the installation, please make sure that it will download necessary updates.
3. Once update has completed, MBAM will launch.
4. Select SCAN from the top menu. Then, click on Threat Scan (Recommended) section.
5. Click on Start Scan to thoroughly scan the computer. Remove all threats detected by this anti-malware program after the process.
Procedure 4: Run TrendMicro's Anti-Threat Toolkit (ATTK) to check and delete any remnants of AV Protection 2011.
As an added help to remove AV Protection 2011, you can scan the computer with Anti-Threat Toolkit. This software is provided and distributed by TrendMicro. Follow this procedure to run a scan with this tool.
1. Download the package by clicking on the button below. This will launch a new browser window that contains further details about the tool.
2. Save the file to a location on your hard drive.
3. Browse for the location of the file and double-click to run. If you are using Windows Vista or Windows 7, right-click on extracted file supportcustomizedpackage and click on Run as Administrator.
4. When program launch, it will run a command prompt to initialize, prepare components, and update the program.
5. Next it will open the graphical user interface (GUI) of Anti-Threat Toolkit.
6. Click on Scan Now. This operation will scan all AV Protection 2011 files and processes in your computer and display a list of result for possible Fake Antivirus program and malware that needs to be removed.
7. Tick all items that are detected by the program, and then click Clean. The tool will start removing AV Protection 2011 components from the computer.
8. If it asked you to restart Windows, please do so.
Protect your PC from AV Protection 2011 or Similar Attack
Turn On Safe Browsing Features
Internet Explorer - Activate SmartScreen Filter
Internet Explorer versions 8 and 9 has this feature called SmartScreen Filter. It helps detect phishing web sites and protect you from downloading malicious files online. To turn on SmartScreen Filter, follow these steps:
1. Please open Internet Explorer.
2. On top menu, select Tools (IE 9). For IE 8, please look for Safety menu.
3. Select SmartScreen Filter from the drop-down list and click on Turn on SmartScreen Filter.
4. Please restart Internet Explorer.
Google Chrome's Protection from Dangerous Sites
With Google Chrome's Dangerous Site Protection feature, you will have lesser risks browsing the web. It will display a warning when the site you are trying to visit is suspicious. To enable protection from dangerous sites, please do these steps:
1. Open Google Chrome.
2. In the address bar, type this: chrome://settings/ and then, Press Enter.
3. Once on the settings page, click on Show advanced settings... at the bottom of the page to see the rest of the Chrome setup.
4. Locate Privacy section and mark 'Protect you and your device from dangerous sites'.
5. Please restart Google Chrome. New settings keep your browser safe while surfing the web.
Mozilla Firefox - Block Attack Sites and Web Forgeries
Phishing and Malware Protection is a built-in feature on Firefox version 3 or later. It warns you when a page you are trying to visit contains phishing content or an attack site designed to drop threats on the computer. To help you keep safe while browsing the Internet using Firefox, please follow this guide:
1. Open Mozilla Firefox browser.
2. On top menu, click on Open Menu. Then select Options from the list.
3. Select Security and put a check mark on the following items:
- Warn me when sites try to install add-ons
- Block reported attack sites
- Block reported web forgeries