AV Protection 2011 is a security application conceptualized to steal money from naïve computer owners. It may not directly solicit from the end-user but its behavior leads to fraudulent acts that fall in the same manner.
Trojans are the primary instruments to spread AV Protection 2011 to every computers linked via the Internet. The malware comes uninvited masquerading as useful applications or upgrades to a popular program. In some instances, Trojans may alter configuration of Internet browser that instigate every requested page to be redirected to unknown web sites. Additionally, AV Protection 2011 barred the compromised unit from visiting web sites that are security-related.
This harmful application is destined to be more detrimental than its previous version called System Security 2011. Once AV Protection 2011 enters the computer, it focuses on delivering deceiving pop-up alert and messages. It pours an effort to entice users to purchase the registered version of the program in an unlikely pattern.
AV Protection 2011 not only works to endorse itself through various ambiguous attempts. It also ensures protection to keep its presence on the computer. It easily pinpoints tools and software that can endanger AV Protection 2011 occurrences and terminates essential processes to halt its operation. During this period, computer is left helpless and unusable.
To help you resolve this issue, we come up with simple solution to remove AV Protection 2011. All you need to do is carefully follow the step-by-step guide to eliminate the threat.
When AV Protection 2011 is installed on the computer, it will commence a virus scan that produces a number of infected items. It requires you to remove these threats by purchasing the activation code first.
The rogue program also reveals a number of security risks and infected documents or programs. These fake alerts may contain the following messgaes:
Security Software has found infected documents or programs.
You can lose your personal data and infect other network computers.
The file “filename.exe” is infected.
Running of application is impossible.
Please activate your antivirus software.
Malicious programs that may steal your private information and prevent your system from working properly are detected on your computer. Click here to clean your PC immediately.
Other Detection Name for AV Protection 2011
The malware will load using the process:
av protection 2011v121.exe
Malicious files created by AV Protection 2011 are the following:
c:\Users\im-infected\AppData\Roaming\ol9htxqjueiroy\av protection 2011v121.exe
AV Protection 2011 will create the following registry entries:
Follow these Procedures to Remove AV Protection 2011
Procedure 1: Start Windows in Safe Mode with Networking
1. Restart your computer in Safe Mode with Networking
- Turn on the computer and immediately press F8 on the keyboard to enter Windows Advanced Options screen. Make sure to hit the F8 button before Windows logo appears on the screen. Failure to do this will boot Windows normally. If that happens, please repeat the process until you successfully boot into Windows Advanced Options. Please see image below for reference.
- From the selections, choose Safe Mode with Networking. Please use keyboard's arrow up/down to navigate between selections and press Enter to proceed.Safe mode loads minimal driver and processes, thus, there is no chance that AV Protection 2011 will run during this mode.
Procedure 2: Scan and remove AV Protection 2011 files with MalwareBytes Anti-Malware
To remove AV Protection 2011, download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware by clicking on the button below. This tool is effective in getting rid of Trojans, viruses and malware.
1. After downloading, please install the program using the default settings.
2. At the end of the installation, please make sure that it will download necessary updates.
3. Once update has completed. The tool will launch.
4. Thoroughly scan the computer and remove all threats detected by this anti-malware program.
Procedure 3: Run TrendMicro's Anti-Threat Toolkit (ATTK) to check and delete any remnants of AV Protection 2011.
As an added help to remove AV Protection 2011, you can scan the computer with Anti-Threat Toolkit. This software is provided and distributed by TrendMicro. Follow this procedure to run a scan with this tool.
1. Download the package by clicking on the button below. This will launch a new browser window that contains further details about the tool.
2. Save the file to a location on your hard drive.
3. Browse for the location of the file and double-click to run. If you are using Windows Vista or Windows 7, right-click on extracted file attk_far_gui.exe and click on Run as Administrator.
4. When program launch, it will run a command prompt to initialize, prepare components, and update the program.
5. Next it will open the graphical user interface (GUI) of Anti-Threat Toolkit.
6. Click on Scan Now. This operation will scan all AV Protection 2011 files and processes in your computer and display a list of result for possible Fake Antivirus program and malware that needs to be removed.
7. Tick all items that are detected by the program, and then click Clean. The tool will start removing AV Protection 2011 components from the computer.
8. If it asked you to restart Windows, please do so.
Protect your PC from AV Protection 2011 or Similar Attack
Turn On Safe Browsing Features
Internet Explorer - Activate SmartScreen Filter
Internet Explorer versions 8 and 9 has this feature called SmartScreen Filter. It helps detect phishing web sites and protect you from downloading malicious files online. To turn on SmartScreen Filter, follow these steps:
1. Please open Internet Explorer.
2. On top menu, select Tools (IE 9). For IE 8, please look for Safety menu.
3. Select SmartScreen Filter from the drop-down list and click on Turn on SmartScreen Filter.
4. Please restart Internet Explorer.
Google Chrome's Enable Phishing and Malware Protection
With Google Chrome's Phishing and Malware Detection feature, you will have lesser risks browsing the web. It will display a warning when the site you are trying to visit is suspicious. To enable Phishing and Malware Protection, please do these steps:
1. Open Google Chrome.
2. Click on the Customize and control Google Chrome (3-Bars Icon) located on top right corner of the browser.
3. Select Settings from the drop-down list.
4. Once on the settings page, click on Show advanced settings... at the bottom of the page to see the rest of the Chrome setup.
5. Locate Privacy section and mark 'Enable phishing and malware protection'.
6. Please restart Google Chrome. New settings keep your browser safe while surfing the web.
Mozilla Firefox - Block Attack Sites and Web Forgeries
Phishing and Malware Protection is a built-in feature on Firefox version 3 or later. It warns you when a page you are trying to visit contains phishing content or an attack site designed to drop threats on the computer. To help you keep safe while browsing the Internet using Firefox, please follow this guide:
1. Open Mozilla Firefox browser.
2. On top menu, click on Tools. Then select Options from the list.
3. Select Security and put a check mark on the following items:
- Warn me when sites try to install add-ons
- Block reported attack sites
- Block reported web forgeries