AV Antivirus Suite
Malicious program AV Antivirus Suite is a fale security tool that will be spread on Internet by means of Trojan that will download and execute it on computer unknown to users. AV Antivirus Suite is identified to be the latest release from the authors who also created AV Security Suite. Both uses the same graphical user interface and shares the same tactics to mislead its victims. Visiting a contaminated web site may also download this unwanted application on to the computer. So make sure that installed antivirus programs are capable of blocking remote downloads of malicious files.
Common symptoms found on infected computer is an excessive pop-up of fake security warning messages. A virus scan by AV Antivirus Suite each time Windows is started will also be observed. This scan will produce fabricated results trying to deceive users into purchasing the AV Antivirus Suite registration key. This useless program must not be allowed to enter the computer by securing it with antimalware software. If infected remove AV Antivirus Suite immediately using the guidelines provided below.
More Details About AV Antivirus Suite Infection?
A fake virus scan is run when system is started. Followed by a display of threats that does not really exists on the computer.
It will modify Windows Registry and add the following entries:
- %UserProfile%\Local Settings\Application Data\[random]\
- %UserProfile%\Local Settings\Application Data\[random]\[random].exe HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\avsoft
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Download “RunInvalidSignatures” = “1″
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\PhishingFilter “Enabled” = “0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings “ProxyOverride” = “”
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings “ProxyServer” = “http=127.0.0.1:1041″
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Associations “LowRiskFileTypes” = “.exe”
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Attachments “SaveZoneInformation” = “1″
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run “[random]“
- KEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run “[random]“
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings “ProxyEnable” = “1″
The threat will drop the following malicious files:
- %UserProfile%\Local Settings\Application Data\[random]\
- %UserProfile%\Local Settings\Application Data\[random]\[random].exe
Follow these Procedures to Remove AV Antivirus Suite
Procedure 1: Manual Removal
For users with technical skills in dealing with computer problems, executing this manual removal is enough to stop the malware. However, we highly recommend running anti-malware scan to remove other hidden files. For users who are not tech-savvy, you must skip this step. Start on Procedure 2 and proceed onwards. Automatic removal takes longer to accomplish but is less difficult to execute.
1. Restart your computer in Safe Mode with Networking
- After turning On the power of the computer, just before Windows start, press F8.
- From the selections, choose Safe Mode with Networking. Please use keyboard's arrow up/down to navigate between selections and press Enter to proceed.
2. Remove Registry entries that the threat added. You MUST BACKUP YOUR REGISTRY FIRST.
- Press [Windows Key] + [R] on your keyboard.
- Type regedit in the Open box.
- Navigate and look for the registry entries mentioned above and delete if found.
3. Delete malicious files that the threat added:
- Base on the given location above, browse and delete all AV Antivirus Suite files.
- If cannot be deleted, press Ctrl+Alt+Del to access Task Manager.
- See if the file is running in the process. If it is, select the file and click End Process. Perform file delete again.
4. Scan computer with Antivirus Program
- Connect to the Internet and update your anti-virus program.
- Run a scan on the computer and delete all detected threats.
Procedure 2: Scan and remove AV Antivirus Suite files with SuperAntiSpyware
We have provided a tool that you can use to remove AV Antivirus Suite from the computer in a much simpler way. Click the Download SAS button below to obtain the free version from their official server.
1. Download the portable version of SuperAntiSpyware.
2. Save the file on your hard drive. SAS portable is using random filename so that it can elude malware from blocking your download. When finished downloading, double-click on the file to install the program.
3. There is no need to change anything on the setup process. Just install the program with its default configuration.
4. During installation, SuperAntiSpyware will check for database update from their server. It needs an Internet connection during this process.
5. After the setup. SAS will run and is now ready to scan the computer for harmful components related to AV Antivirus Suite.
6. Click on Scan your Computer... to begin the process.
7. When done scanning, it will display a list of identified infected items. You may remove it directly or place them in quaratine folder.
8. You may now restart the computer.
Protect your PC from AV Antivirus Suite or Similar Attack
Turn On Security Features of your Internet Browser
Internet Explorer - Activate SmartScreen Filter
Internet Explorer versions 8 and 9 has this feature called SmartScreen Filter. It helps detect phishing web sites and protect you from downloading malicious files online. You may have avoided AV Antivirus Suite virus if this has been active on your PC. To turn on SmartScreen Filter, follow these steps:
1. Please open Internet Explorer.
2. On top menu, select Tools (IE 9). For IE 8, please look for Safety menu.
3. Select SmartScreen Filter from the drop-down list and click on Turn on SmartScreen Filter.
4. Please restart Internet Explorer.
Google Chrome's Enable Phishing and Malware Protection
With Google Chrome's Phishing and Malware Detection feature, you will have lesser risks browsing the web. It will display a warning when the site you are trying to visit is suspicious. To enable Phishing and Malware Protection, please do these steps:
1. Open Google Chrome.
2. Click on the Customize and control Google Chrome (3-Bars Icon) located on top right corner of the browser.
3. Select Settings from the drop-down list.
4. Once on the settings page, click on Show advanced settings... at the bottom of the page to see the rest of the Chrome setup.
5. Locate Privacy section and mark 'Enable phishing and malware protection'.
6. Please restart Google Chrome. New settings keep your browser safe while surfing the web.
Mozilla Firefox - Block Attack Sites and Web Forgeries
Phishing and Malware Protection is a built-in feature on Firefox version 3 or later. It warns you when a page you are trying to visit contains phishing content or an attack site designed to drop threats on the computer. To help you keep safe while browsing the Internet using Firefox, please follow this guide:
1. Open Mozilla Firefox browser.
2. On top menu, click on Tools. Then select Options from the list.
3. Select Security and put a check mark on the following items:
- Warn me when sites try to install add-ons
- Block reported attack sites
- Block reported web forgeries