APcDefender is a virus that commonly spreads on the Internet by spoofing security center websites and drop the program on visitors computer. APcDefender will provide self online virus scan and present a number of security risks afterwards. This is the time to advise visitors to download the unregistered version of APcDefender. Once installed, instead of removing the threats, APcDefender will drop more files that it will detect later as infected. The local scanning of hard drives produces scary results that may convince users into purchasing the registered version of APcDefender.
Buying APcDefender is totally not the solution for this virus problem. To get rid of this risks and annoyances, you must remove APcDefender. Though it may not be feasible with the add/remove options, there are free tools available and you can use as APcDefender remover
What are the Symptoms of APcDefender Infection?
A virus scan will be run by APcDefender with false threat detected.
It will modify Windows Registry and add the following entries:
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Current Version\Run “[random].exe”
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Current Version\Run “APcDefender”
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Current Version\Uninstall\APcDefender
APcDefender threat will drop the following malicious files:
- %Documents and Settings%\All Users\Desktop\APcDefender.lnk
- %Documents and Settings%\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\APcDefender
- %Documents and Settings%\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\APcDefender\1 APcDefender.lnk
- %Documents and Settings%\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\APcDefender\2 Homepage.lnk
- %Documents and Settings%\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\APcDefender\3 Uninstall.lnk
- %Program Files%\APcDefender Software
- %Program Files%\APcDefender Software\APcDefender
- %Program Files%\APcDefender Software\APcDefender\APcDefender.exe
- %Program Files%\APcDefender Software\APcDefender\main_config.xml
- %Program Files%\APcDefender Software\APcDefender\uninstall.exe
How to Remove APcDefender Manually
1. Restart your computer in SafeMode
- After Power-On the computer, just before Windows start, press F8
- From the selections, Select SafeMode
2. Remove Registry entries that the threat added. You MUST BACKUP YOUR REGISTRY FIRST.
- Click Start > Run
- Type in the field, regedit
- Navigate and look for the registry entries mentioned above and delete if necessary
3. Delete malicious files that the threat added:
- Base on the given location above, browse and delete the file
- If no location is given, click Start>Search> and search for the files.
- If cannot be deleted, press Ctrl+Alt+Del to access Task Manager, see if the file is running in the process. If it is, select the file and click End Process. Perform file delete again.
4. Scan computer with Antivirus Program
- Update antivirus program
- Scan computer and delete all detected threats.
How to Easily Remove APcDefender
1. Download and run Removal Tool to remove APcDefender