Antispy Protector 2009
Antispy Protector 2009 is a bogus antispyware program that utilize artificial virus scans to trick computer owners into purchasing this program. Antispy Protector 2009 is promoted with hoax websites and online computer scans. When visitors fall into this, they will be downloading what they thought was a needed software, unknown to them this will just cause them money and a bunch of annoyances.
What Antispy Protector 2009 Does?
Scan computer and display detected threats.
It will modify Windows Registry and add the following entries:
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Antispy Protector 2009
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Current Version\Uninstall\Antispy Protector 2009
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Antispy Protector 2009
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Current Version\Run “Antispy Protector 2009″
The threat will drop the following malicious files:
- C:\Program Files\AntispyPortector2009\AntispyPortector2009.exe
- C:\Program Files\AntispyPortector2009\smrtdefp.exe
- C:\Program Files\AntispyPortector2009\Uninstall.exe
- C:\Program Files\AntispyPortector2009\AntispyPortector2009.url
- %UserProfile%\Start Menu\Programs\AntispyPortector2009
- %UserProfile%\Start Menu\AntispyPortector2009.lnk
How to Easily Remove Antispy Protector 2009
1. Print this procedure as we need to close all programs running later.
2. Download AntiMalware Application here and save it to your Desktop.
3. Close all open applications.
4. Double-Click on the downloaded mbam-setup.exe to start the installation. If unable to execute, infections on computer is preventing it from running, rename the file mbam-setup.exe to anything (like myfile.exe)
5. Run the installation on the default settings. No changes are necessary.
6. Just before completing the installation, make sure that the following are marked check.
- Update the program
- Launch the program
7. The tool will run and update itself after installation. Close it after the update.
8. Restart your computer in SafeMode
- After Power-On the computer, just before Windows start, press F8
- From the selections, Select SafeMode
9. Click on the icon and start to Perform Full Scan to begin scanning your computer for Antispy Protector 2009 related files.
10. After scanning, a message will appear stating that the scan is completed successfully. Click OK.
11. Click Show Results and detected threats will be displayed.
12. Make sure that all threats are marked check, then click Remove Selected to begin removal of the malicious files.
13. Exit AntiMalware Apps and restart your computer.
14. Antispy Protector 2009 and all its files are now removed from your computer. To guard your computer from this threat and avoid future infections, you may want real-time protection from a full version of anti-malware program..