Alfa Defender Pro 2011
Alfa Defender Pro 2011 is a fake computer security software that is also called “a must-avoid program.” If Alfa Defender Pro 2011 enters the system, it will begin to carry out the mission of earning money from its illegal activities. It was solely developed to rip-off money from users who fell into its dirty tactics. Just as any rogue security application from its group, Alfa Defender Pro 2011 will promote itself as a legitimate security product to deceive viewers. A well designed web site is also utilized to promote this potentially unwanted program.
Distribution channels include fake online virus scanner, Trojan and spam email messages. Downloading contracted files from file-sharing networks can also contribute to the propagation of Alfa Defender Pro 2011 virus. If installed, severe annoyances is performed that will begin with excessive pop-up of alerts and warning messages. User may encounter browser redirects that point search result to predefined web pages. Right after Windows start, Alfa Defender Pro 2011 will initiate a virus scan without an execution. Thereafter, dozens of threats detected on the system will be published to commit victims into purchasing the registered version of Alfa Defender Pro 2011.
Start to remove Alfa Defender Pro 2011 as soon as symptoms of its presence are recognized. Use security product that came from reputable software vendors to make sure that you will not be scammed. Alternatively, free versions of anti-malware applications are available from legitimate rogue-fighting web sites. You can also follow the step-by-step guide on this page to remove Alfa Defender Pro 2011 without spending a single penny.
|OS Affected||Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7|
What are the Symptoms of Alfa Defender Pro Infection?
It will modify Windows Registry and add the following entries:
HKU\DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\BrowserEmulation “TLDUpdates” = ’1?
HKCU\Software\Classes\.exe\shell\open\command “(Default)” = ‘”%Documents and Settings%\[UserName]\Local Settings\Application Data\[random].exe” -a “%1? %*’
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Clients\StartMenuInternet\IEXPLORE.EXE\shell\open\command “(Default)” = ‘”%Documents and Settings%\[UserName]\Local Settings\Application Data\[random].exee” -a “%Program Files%Internet Exploreriexplore.exe”
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Security Center “AntiVirusOverride” = ’1?
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Security Center “FirewallOverride” = ’1?
The threat will drop the following malicious files:
Follow these Procedures to Remove Alfa Defender Pro 2011
Procedure 1: Manual Removal
For users with technical skills in dealing with computer problems, executing this manual removal is enough to stop the malware. However, we highly recommend running anti-malware scan to remove other hidden files. For users who are not tech-savvy, you must skip this step. Start on Procedure 2 and proceed onwards. Automatic removal takes longer to accomplish but is less difficult to execute.
1. Restart your computer in Safe Mode with Networking
- After turning On the power of the computer, just before Windows start, press F8.
- From the selections, choose Safe Mode with Networking. Please use keyboard's arrow up/down to navigate between selections and press Enter to proceed.
2. Remove Registry entries added by Alfa Defender Pro 2011. You MUST BACKUP YOUR REGISTRY FIRST.
- Click Start > Run.
- Type in the field, regedit.
- Navigate and look for the registry entries mentioned above and delete if necessary.
3. Delete malicious files that the threat added:
- Base on the given location above, browse and delete the file.
- If no location is given, click Start>Search> and search for the files.
- If cannot be deleted, press Ctrl+Alt+Del to access Task Manager, see if the file is running in the process. If it is, select the file and click End Process. Perform file delete again.
4. Scan computer with Antivirus Program
- Update antivirus program.
- Scan computer and delete all detected threats.
- Restart Windows.
Procedure 2: Scan and remove Alfa Defender Pro 2011 files with MalwareBytes Anti-Malware
To remove Alfa Defender Pro 2011, download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware by clicking on the button below. This tool is effective in getting rid of Trojans, viruses and malware.
1. After downloading, please install the program using the default settings.
2. At the end of the installation, please make sure that it will download necessary updates.
3. Once update has completed. The tool will launch.
4. Thoroughly scan the computer and remove all threats detected by Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
Protect your PC from Alfa Defender Pro 2011 or Similar Attack
Turn On Security Features of your Internet Browser
For safe browsing, each browser programs have their own features for blocking malicious Internet traffic. This feature is capable of detecting whether the site you are trying to visit is listed as harmful and infected with viruses. Phishing and malware web sites will not escape the filtering applied by your browser if the feature is active. Here are the safety features for corresponding Internet browsers.
- Internet Explorer - Smart Screen Filter
This feature of Internet Explorer will check web pages for harmful entities. SmartScreen Filter immediately alerts you if it found the page suspicious. View complete information from this page.
- Google Chrome - Phishing and Malware Protection
Safe browsing feature of Google Chrome uses a technology that protects the computer against virus and malware attacks that may arise while browsing the web. Click here to activate this feature.
- Mozilla Firefox - Block Attack Site and Web Forgeries