|Threat Name:||'Your Computer has been locked!'|
|Brief Description:||This type of malware locks the computer or desktop making it unusable.|
Illegitimate message coming from various government agencies stating the message below is part of a ransomware virus.
“Your computer has been locked!
Your computer has been locked due to suspicion of illegal content downloading and distribution.”
At any time, if you see this message in your screen, you do not have to worry that much on how you can restore the PC and regain access to files. In addition, stop thinking that you might violate with or without intent to a certain rules like what they mentioned such as pornography involvement, copyrighted files, using unlicensed files, etc. Those texts appear on your pc every time you log on your Windows operating system is not legal warning but a “Your Computer has been locked!” virus.
Cyber criminals deceive you to pay the stated amount as your penalty creates all these accusations. Usually, you instructed to pay for $300 in the form of MoneyPak code. Once you have paid, they will give you a code to access your PC again. You must know that this virus can gather your private data so in the event that you pay for a ransom, every detail about you remain with the attacker. They can still use it for malicious activities online.
We highly discourage you to pay for a ransom, instead you have to use free but reliable program in which you can remove “Your Computer has been locked!” infection. Please see the removal guide below.
What are symptoms of “Your Computer has been locked!” malware Infection?
Image above is what will appear if your computer is infected with “Your Computer has been locked!” Moneypak scam. This will prevent you from accessing contents of the PC including programs and files.
Procedures to Remove 'Your Computer has been locked!'
Removal steps on this page will help you get rid of the threat effectively using tools and virus scanners. Please make sure that you will carry out the guide in exact order.
Create a USB Bootable Device
Ransom Trojans and viruses will lock the screen and makes the computer unusable. Common ways to deal with this type of infection is to boot the PC using another device. For this tutorial we will do a bootable disk that contains 'Your Computer has been locked!' remover.
1. Download Kaspersky Rescue Disk from their official server. Click the button below. The file will be in .ISO format.
2. Download this utility called rescue2usb to record your .ISO file into the USB drive. Obviously you need a USB thumb drive at least 512MB in capacity. Plug it to the computer.
3. Once you have the two programs, double-click on the rescue2usb.exe to start creating a bootable USB drive.
4. You will see on the screen in the program called Kasperksy USB Rescue Disk Maker. Click on Browse and locate the .ISO file.
5. Under USB Medium, select the proper drive of your USB device.
6. Click on START. It will now begin to create a bootable USB drive with Kaspersky Rescue Disk in it.
Start the Computer with Kaspersky Rescue Disk.
1. You must set the computer to use other bootable device aside from hard drive. For this procedure, enable your BIOS to boot to USB device. If you are not familiar with this, please refer to your computer's instruction manual.
2. Another option is to access the Boot Menu right after you turn one the PC. It will present a Menu so that you can select a preferred boot drive. Select Removable Devices.
3. Your computer will now start and load Kaspersky Rescue Disk.
4. If you see a message on the screen, please Press any key to enter the menu. You only have 10 seconds to do this, otherwise it will boot with the hard drive.
5. Next screen will be the interface language. Please select desired language to use.
6. You must run the program in Graphic Mode. This gives you easy access to all commands and menus.
7. End User License Agreement will appear. Please accept to continue using the program. Press 1 to proceed.
Using WindowsUnlocker to Remove 'Your Computer has been locked!'
1.Click on the K button at the lower left corner of the screen.
2. Select Terminal on the list. It will open a command prompt.
3. Type windowsunlocker and press Enter on your keyboard.
4. On WindowsUnlocker menu, please type 1 to Unlock Windows. This utility will clean the registry for malicious entries.
5. After the cleanup process, it will display the menu once more.
6. Press 0 on your keyboard to exit WindowsUnlocker.
Run a Virus Scan
1. After removing 'Your Computer has been locked!', you need to delete all remaining components.
2. Click on the K to display the menu.
3. Select Kaspersky Rescue Disk. This will open the virus scanning tool.
4. You need to update the program first. Select My Update Center tab and click on Start update. This requires an Internet connection.
5. After updating the program, select Object Scan tab and click on Start Object Scan. You must scan the following:
- Disk boot sectors
- Hidden startup objects
- All drives
6. Scanning the entire hard drive may take some time. Please let the scan to finish.
7. Once the scan process is complete, the tool will prompt you for preferred actions on detected threats. Deleting all threats is recommended.
8. You can now turn off the computer, unplug the USB drive, and start Windows in normal mode.