|Threat Name:||Meister Penalty Document|
|Brief Description:||This type of malware locks the computer or desktop making it unusable.|
Meister Penalty Document virus is part of a ransomware family that strikes the computer by finding software and security weaknesses. It is also known as Stop – Master Penalty Document malware in English version. Though the virus was first seen in European regions, there are indications that attackers have plans of spreading the malware to other countries especially western region.
Normally, user can obtain this Meister Penalty Document virus from various sources. First in the list are compromised web sites that when viewed will drop the harmful code to the victim’s computer leading to the malware infection. Malicious links from email, social networking sites, and instant messaging programs are also noticed as a way to deploy Meister Penalty Document malware.
Once it is installed on the computer, it shows bogus alert and blocks your access to the computer. It states that PC is used for illegal distribution of copyrighted materials and misuse of private contents. Your access to the computer is denied and all you will see is the fake screen notification that forces you to pay a fine to unlock the PC. Method of payment is via Ukash, Paysafecard, Moneypak, and cashU only. These are vouchers that you may avail from retail stores consisting of codes that you may use to purchase online.
In fact, you can remove Meister Penalty Document virus from the computer without the need to buy the voucher. Free removal guide and tools can be found on the special section of this page. Make sure that you follow all the steps to completely uninstall Meister Penalty Document from the infected computer.
What are symptoms of Meister Penalty Document Virus Infection?
If your computer is infected with Meister Penalty Document, your screen will be replaced with a fake alert that demands for Ukash or MoneyPak payment before you can unlock the desktop. Please see screenshot image below.
Procedures to Remove Meister Penalty Document
Removal steps on this page will help you get rid of the threat effectively using tools and virus scanners. Please make sure that you will carry out the guide in exact order.
Create a USB Bootable Device
Ransom Trojans and viruses will lock the screen and makes the computer unusable. Common ways to deal with this type of infection is to boot the PC using another device. For this tutorial we will do a bootable disk that contains Meister Penalty Document remover.
1. Download Kaspersky Rescue Disk from their official server. Click the button below. The file will be in .ISO format.
2. Download this utility called rescue2usb to record your .ISO file into the USB drive. Obviously you need a USB thumb drive at least 512MB in capacity. Plug it to the computer.
3. Once you have the two programs, double-click on the rescue2usb.exe to start creating a bootable USB drive.
4. You will see on the screen in the program called Kasperksy USB Rescue Disk Maker. Click on Browse and locate the .ISO file.
5. Under USB Medium, select the proper drive of your USB device.
6. Click on START. It will now begin to create a bootable USB drive with Kaspersky Rescue Disk in it.
Start the Computer with Kaspersky Rescue Disk.
1. You must set the computer to use other bootable device aside from hard drive. For this procedure, enable your BIOS to boot to USB device. If you are not familiar with this, please refer to your computer's instruction manual.
2. Another option is to access the Boot Menu right after you turn one the PC. It will present a Menu so that you can select a preferred boot drive. Select Removable Devices.
3. Your computer will now start and load Kaspersky Rescue Disk.
4. If you see a message on the screen, please Press any key to enter the menu. You only have 10 seconds to do this, otherwise it will boot with the hard drive.
5. Next screen will be the interface language. Please select desired language to use.
6. You must run the program in Graphic Mode. This gives you easy access to all commands and menus.
7. End User License Agreement will appear. Please accept to continue using the program. Press 1 to proceed.
Using WindowsUnlocker to Remove Meister Penalty Document
1.Click on the K button at the lower left corner of the screen.
2. Select Terminal on the list. It will open a command prompt.
3. Type windowsunlocker and press Enter on your keyboard.
4. On WindowsUnlocker menu, please type 1 to Unlock Windows. This utility will clean the registry for malicious entries.
5. After the cleanup process, it will display the menu once more.
6. Press 0 on your keyboard to exit WindowsUnlocker.
Run a Virus Scan
1. After removing Meister Penalty Document, you need to delete all remaining components.
2. Click on the K to display the menu.
3. Select Kaspersky Rescue Disk. This will open the virus scanning tool.
4. You need to update the program first. Select My Update Center tab and click on Start update. This requires an Internet connection.
5. After updating the program, select Object Scan tab and click on Start Object Scan. You must scan the following:
- Disk boot sectors
- Hidden startup objects
- All drives
6. Scanning the entire hard drive may take some time. Please let the scan to finish.
7. Once the scan process is complete, the tool will prompt you for preferred actions on detected threats. Deleting all threats is recommended.
8. You can now turn off the computer, unplug the USB drive, and start Windows in normal mode.