How to Turn on or Turn Off SmarScreen Filter – Internet Explorer
To those who are using Internet Explorer version 8 and 9, you probably see how SmartScreen Filter works. This feature of Internet Explorer helps in keeping your Internet browsing more secure. While browsing the web, it evaluates pages and verifies if it contains harmful elements. If it finds the page suspicious, SmartScreen immediately display a warning, thus, giving you a chance if you want leave the site or proceed with caution.
To enable SmartScreen Filter in Internet Explorer, please follow this procedure. This applies to Internet Explorer version 8 and 9 only.
1. Please open Internet Explorer.
2. On top menu, select Tools (Internet Explorer 9). For Internet Explorer 8 users, please look for Safety menu.
3. Select SmartScreen Filter from the drop-down list and click on Turn on SmartScreen Filter from the sub menu.
4. A window Microsoft SmartScreen Filter will open. Select Turn on SmartScreen Filter (recommended) and click on OK to save the new settings.
4. You may now restart Internet Explorer.
The same procedure is applied when disabling SmartScreen Filter. When it is active, the sub menu will display “Turn off SmartScreen Filter.” Click on it and verify your choice to apply the new settings.