|Brief Description:||Adware are unwanted programs that can pose serious threats on the computer.|
|Website Status:||Check Security Status of Search.goldraiven.com|
Search.goldraiven.com is vicious web site that able to run as your home page and default search page by its own. Malware experts flagged this as adware in a form of browser hijacker. This can embed itself to Safari, Firefox, and Chrome browsers. Given that Search.goldraiven.com is well-matched to most known web browsers, this increase chances to invade many Mac computers.
As soon as Search.goldraiven.com does hit your PC, it performs some unusual functions. It drives your web searches to unwanted web sites. You may keep redirect to promoter’s web pages and leads you to sponsored links. You may notice that most of search results release by Search.goldraiven.com has no relevance to your search queries. It is always pointing to show you advertising stuff.
Mind you that the main intent of Search.goldraiven.com is to gain revenue through endorsing online ads. Thus, your Mac OS X system is always opens to annoying ads and harmful links. Clicking some ads might even lead you to acquire adware and other unwanted programs. Also, this malware is able to track and watch your online habit. It collects and shared data to other advertiser. This time, Search.goldraiven.com even drags your privacy at risk.
Although Search.goldraiven.com is not directly linked to virus, the overall system performance is indeed affected by this redirect adware. There is no way you can stop unwanted browser redirect while it is active. Its presence wont allows you to change your browser and computer settings. And most of all, Search.goldraiven.com would let your system open to further attack, as it make your Mac PC more vulnerable to acquire forms of potential threats.
Procedures to Remove Search.goldraiven.com
Removal steps on this page will help you get rid of the threat effectively using tools and virus scanners. Please make sure that you will carry out the guide in exact order.
Remove Search.goldraiven.com from Safari browser
1. Open Safari browser.
2. Go to Safari menu.
3. Choose "Preferences".
4. This will open the Safari settings dialog box.
5. Please select "Extensions" tab to see list of installed extensions.
6. Select Search.goldraiven.com from the list. If not found, it may be hiding under a different name. Look for unknown or suspicious item.
7. Turn off the extension by removing the Check Mark on the box beside "Enable Search.goldraiven.com extension". You can also Uninstall the extension if you need to permanently remove it from the computer.
8. Please close Safari browser at the moment and proceed to the next procedure.
Manually delete all files dropped by the adware
1. Navigate the Apple Menu bar and click on "Go". Then, select "Go to Folder".
2. Copy and paste, or type the following line in the field and press Enter on your keyboard:
3. LaunchAgents folder should open at this point. Look for items with the following file name:
- .com. Search.goldraiven.com.agent.plist
4. Move each file to the Trash. This action may require administrator privilege. If you are not logged in as administrator, you need to provide required password.
5. Go to a different folder again using procedure from Step 1 and copy and paste or type the following line:
6. Do the same process as in Step 3 and move each file to the Trash.
7. Next, we need to look at Application Support folder. Using the same method as above. Go to this location:
8. Find the same files as in Step 3 and drag them to the Trash.
9. Go back to Apple Menu and then select Applications from the drop-down list.
10. Delete the following folders just in case they do exist.
Note: Malware may use alternative names instead of Search.goldraiven.com to mislead security programs as well as users. If in case the above list is not present, please look for unfamiliar or suspicious items containing the same extension as update.plist, ltvbit.plist, and download.plist.
Scan with MBAM to easily get rid of Search.goldraiven.com
1. Download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware for Mac from the link below.
2. Drag the downloaded file MBAM-Mac-[version].dmg to Applications folder.
3. Under Applications folder, right-click on Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and select "Open" from the given choices.
4. After opening the tool, click on the "Scan" button to start checking the computer for presence of Search.goldraiven.com and other malware.
5. When scanning is done, the tool will display all identified threats. Be sure to select malicious items.
6. Click on "Remove Selected Items" to delete the threats.
We hope that the procedures and removal tool on this page was able to help you in removing Search.goldraiven.com. Your computer should now be malware free.