Safe Internet Scanner
Safe Internet Scanner is a fake online virus scanner uploaded and operated by rogue program developer as a means of promoting their products. Once web users are redirected to “Safe Internet Scanner” web page, it will simulate a virus scan and will display false detection to scare computer users. The main goal of this web site is to mislead visitors into downloading what supposed to be an antivirus program. However, the site only provide rogue program that has sole intention of misleading you further.
Safe Internet Scanner will prompt user to download a program it endorses as a tool to remove said threats. Visitors must be aware that downloading and installing programs process thru this method must be prohibited. Downloaded programs are malware and will not do any good on computer.
If in case visitor downloads and install the endorsed program, the malware instantly attaches code to the system. It generates script to run itself when Windows starts. Then, this malware from Safe Internet Scanner will replicate its actions, but this time it will do it locally. Because the installed malware was designed to perform virus scan that later produces false results. It tries to deceive you and force to pay for the licensed version of the product.
So next time you bump into a web site similar to Safe Internet Scanner, better leave the page right away. Closing the Internet connection for a while may help drop whatever script the web site has run on your computer.
What are the Symptoms of Safe Internet Scanner Infection?
This Safe Internet Scanner window copies the Graphical User Interface of Windows Explorer to deceive victims that it is running on local machine. In reality, the scanner is a web-based code that will prompt you to download rogue security program. Endorsed fake antivirus may vary between one sites to the other.
Follow these Procedures to Remove Safe Internet Scanner
Procedure 1: Manual Removal
For users with technical skills in dealing with computer problems, executing this manual removal is enough to stop the malware. However, we highly recommend running anti-malware scan to remove other hidden files. For users who are not tech-savvy, you must skip this step. Start on Procedure 2 and proceed onwards. Automatic removal takes longer to accomplish but is less difficult to execute.
1. Restart your computer in Safe Mode with Networking
- After turning On the power of the computer, just before Windows start, press F8.
- From the selections, choose Safe Mode with Networking. Please use keyboard's arrow up/down to navigate between selections and press Enter to proceed.
2. Remove Registry entries added by Safe Internet Scanner. You MUST BACKUP YOUR REGISTRY FIRST.
- Click Start > Run.
- Type in the field, regedit.
- Navigate and look for the registry entries mentioned above and delete if necessary.
3. Delete malicious files that the threat added:
- Base on the given location above, browse and delete the file.
- If no location is given, click Start>Search> and search for the files.
- If cannot be deleted, press Ctrl+Alt+Del to access Task Manager, see if the file is running in the process. If it is, select the file and click End Process. Perform file delete again.
4. Scan computer with Antivirus Program
- Update antivirus program.
- Scan computer and delete all detected threats.
- Restart Windows.
Procedure 2: Scan and remove Safe Internet Scanner files with MalwareBytes Anti-Malware
To remove Safe Internet Scanner, download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware by clicking on the button below. This tool is effective in getting rid of Trojans, viruses and malware.
1. After downloading, please install the program using the default settings.
2. At the end of the installation, please make sure that it will download necessary updates.
3. Once update has completed. The tool will launch.
4. Thoroughly scan the computer and remove all threats detected by Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
Protect your PC from Safe Internet Scanner or Similar Attack
Turn On Security Features of your Internet Browser
For safe browsing, each browser programs have their own features for blocking malicious Internet traffic. This feature is capable of detecting whether the site you are trying to visit is listed as harmful and infected with viruses. Phishing and malware web sites will not escape the filtering applied by your browser if the feature is active. Here are the safety features for corresponding Internet browsers.
- Internet Explorer - Smart Screen Filter
This feature of Internet Explorer will check web pages for harmful entities. SmartScreen Filter immediately alerts you if it found the page suspicious. View complete information from this page.
- Google Chrome - Phishing and Malware Protection
Safe browsing feature of Google Chrome uses a technology that protects the computer against virus and malware attacks that may arise while browsing the web. Click here to activate this feature.
- Mozilla Firefox - Block Attack Site and Web Forgeries